ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
To Anyone With The Renegade Edition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xKENSEIx  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: To Anyone With The Renegade Edition Reply with quote

I'm going to be getting this game soon, and I'm trying to decide between the 2 editions, standard and Renegade, so I have a few questions to ask if I may;

Instrument Quality: Is the turntable well made? If you've seen/played the standard turntable, how does the Renegade one compare? Does it look cheap and tacky? Anything else I need to know about the instrument? Pictures can be very misleading.

Carry Case: I'm not too fussed about this, but what's it like? Cheaply made? Are the legs sturdy, will it hold the turntable well? I don't want it to collapse mid-way through a song.

CD: Do you think anywhere will buy this from me? Would a charity accept it?

Value For Money: In all, is it worth the extra £40 or so for the Renegade edition? I'm sure I'm going to love the game, so that's alright, I don't believe I'll wasting my money when it comes to that, but as the standard edition is only £90 is it worth shelling out for the Renegade edition? Really, all I care about is the turntable itself, I'd happily pay the extra money if it's of a high quality.

If anyone can help me with my decision, that'd be great, I don't want to spend all this money, and within hours think; "Oh, fuck sake".
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play on the renegade case / table, and it holds well. My friend swears he misses because the table moves a bit... but I think we both just suck still lol.

The case is pretty sturdy, although it's not gonna live through a train wreck <_<

idk if the controller is that much different. where the controllers in best buy renegade? because the one I have feels about the same as the one best buy had <_<

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the cds have 1 unreleased track COMBINED b/w them. everything else is old

Usagi  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: To Anyone With The Renegade Edition Reply with quote

xKENSEIx wrote:

Instrument Quality: Is the turntable well made?

Carry Case: I'm not too fussed about this, but what's it like? Cheaply made? Are the legs sturdy, will it hold the turntable well? I don't want it to collapse mid-way through a song.

Value For Money: In all, is it worth the extra £40 or so for the Renegade edition? I'm sure I'm going to love the game, so that's alright, I don't believe I'll wasting my money when it comes to that, but as the standard edition is only £90 is it worth shelling out for the Renegade edition?

1: Isn't the renegade controller just the same as the standard, but with some gold decoration and the word Renegade on it? As far as I'm aware, it is.

2. The case is extremely well-made. There is a bit of wobble in the legs when it's in stand-mode, but the case is top notch. Looks great, everything packs into it neatly and it's easy to carry/store.

3. Where the hell are you seeing the two editions for £90-130? Everywhere I looked, the regular version was £100 and I paid £170 for my renegade edition in HMV..
xKENSEIx  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: To Anyone With The Renegade Edition Reply with quote

Usagi wrote:

1: Isn't the renegade controller just the same as the standard, but with some gold decoration and the word Renegade on it? As far as I'm aware, it is.

2. The case is extremely well-made. There is a bit of wobble in the legs when it's in stand-mode, but the case is top notch. Looks great, everything packs into it neatly and it's easy to carry/store.

3. Where the hell are you seeing the two editions for £90-130? Everywhere I looked, the regular version was £100 and I paid £170 for my renegade edition in HMV..

1: I'm not sure, but I believe it has some alterations.

2: That's good to know, I know what companies are like with giving you crappy stuff that isn't worth the price at all.

3: Play.com are doing it at the prices I gave. I noticed that GAME and HMV in store were ripping people off something terrible.
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just gotta say this about the case: It's total win.

It does wobble a LITTLE... but is sturdy. It won't colaps on you, or break. It only moves a little, maybe half an inch tops <_< But the big thing I've noticed vs playing on a table, is when i do a rewind I'll spin the disc for max rewind, and it will move the controller. with the renegade stand, if you just open the lid and leave the controller in that padded area, it won't rotate when you do a rewind.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend has a renegade and I have the original. The only difference with the controller is that the base on both pieces is black, and the rest of it is golden colored. On the original, the base to the table is silver while the base to the smaller half is black, and the trim is silver. The actual quality of the controller is still the same.

The case itself looks really nice and is very solidly made. When you use it as a stand, the legs are adjustable and have notches marked on the legs so you can ensure all of the legs are the same height. It does, however, wobble a bit as a stand. If you're playing songs with a massive amount of scratching, it may not be practical. That's my two cents.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: nyt3lyt3 ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: