ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Reference Thread for Broken & Glitched Notes
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reference Thread for Broken & Glitched Notes Reply with quote

World Tour:
Stranglehold
Hotel California
Trapped Under Ice
Overkill
Purple Haze
Kick Out The Jams
Antisocial
Sweet Home Alabama

Band Hero:
Put Your Records On
Turn Off The Light

DLC:
Black Friday: A.K.A. The Most Broken Song Ever
Bodhisattva

====================================
World Tour

Stranglehold

Section: Solo 4
First few notes

What's Broken?

Solution:
Play it as

Note: In Practice, this is NOT broken. But, if you select another section to play with it, or in a real run it is. This could possibly be due to how it splits up the sections. The chart shows Solo 4 starting on the bass+yellow it, but in practice it starts with the five yellows.

Section:Outro
After all the triplet hits, there's
(orange is a drum roll)

What's Broken?

Solution:
Play as

Note: This section is broken on both medium and on GH5, play as shown sans-bass and the same, respectively.

Hotel California

Section:Solo D
The roll ending this section

What's Broken?
going from Red to Blue

Solution:
ccmoose wrote:
For Hotel California Solo D roll, I just played each bass note 1/32nd note late, i.e. between the downbeat hit and the next one.

Note: Although note completely necessary to do it for each bass, it may help to do so to stay on beat.

Trapped Under Ice

Section: Solo 2A m124

What's Broken?
Third Note

Solution:

Play the yellow before the bass

Note: This may be difficult to spot at first. Higher levels of hyperspeed actually shows that the yellow is charted before the bass note. To help memorize where it's at, it's the third note after the first in Solo 2A

Overkill

Section: Overkill Outro m296

The orange is a cymbal swell over the bass notes, the yellow is another cymbal swell

What's Broken?
Here's a better question, What isn't?

The 3rd, 4th and 5th bass notes are there visually, but not in the game. The yellow swell causes a combo break.

Solution:
Do NOT play the last three bass notes. In order to keep combo, three bass notes are to be played in the timing window of the yellow. Or, simply activate Star Power on the yellow.

This section was regarded as unComboable for over a year. Credit to Marbler for theorizing how to hit it. WarlordTM for proving the three bass hits on the yellow hold a combo Vid Here. Sulfurus for the first legitimate FC of the song.

Purple Haze

Section:Outro, the orange cymbal swell

Solution:
Start the swell late.

Note: This has been experienced by Bendover and I, so this may be from the RB kit chart of it. (In which case, it's a blue swell)

Kick Out The Jams

Section:Jam That Outro, the blue drum roll

Solution:
Start the roll late.

Antisocial

Section:Outro, last two measures

The seconds of each group are cymbal swells.

What's Broken?
Hold the swell too long, and point are subtracted.

Solution:
WarlordTm wrote:
Play the sustains as you usually would, but stop playing as soon as you see the end of the sustain for minimal loss of points as opposed to playing through the entire sustain (if it weren't glitched). Stopping halfway through the sustain works just as well, but you'll 'lose' a few points for stopping early.

Sweet Home Alabama

Section: End Spammery, long snare roll

What's Broken?
After gaining thousands of points from the roll, the game will subtract what you just earned at the end of it.

Solution:
WarlordTm wrote:
Play the sustains as you usually would, but stop playing as soon as you see the end of the sustain for minimal loss of points as opposed to playing through the entire sustain (if it weren't glitched). Stopping halfway through the sustain works just as well, but you'll 'lose' a few points for stopping early.

==============================
Band Hero

Put Your Records On

Section: Chorus 2

First few notes of section contain

What's Broken?

First note,

Solution:
Play as

Turn Off The Light

Section: Pre-Chorus 1

What's Broken?

First

Solution:

Play it as

===============================
DLC

Black Friday
Thanks to Sulfurus for writing up a description.
Sulfurus wrote:

I'll try and break the mess down into the broken stuff I found and how I worked around it. I count AT LEAST 28 broken notes. There could be more that I was hitting by just the way I play, or by using SP on them unawares. Orange is always bass pedal, and the Green is Cymbol - NOT the Green Tom.

Black Friday

Verse 1:
Section looking like I played as This occurs 3 times during Verse 1, and the subsequent Verses 2 & 3.

Verse 2:
As with Verse 1, however, every time there is a Play (Where Green is the cymbol, normally orange for 5 lane) - There are 8 instances of this. Then(!) after the second instance of this there is a which is played as

Solo 1B:
The red triplet is played as This was VERY hard for me. Also occurs in Solo 2A, which again was VERY hard for me to hit. To remember it - it is the 3rd and 5th time that it appears during the song. It only appears 5 times.

Verse 3:
As Verse 2 above, with additionally a which is played after the singer says "Archbishop wont sanctify me" it is not the immediate next one but the one after that, on the first word of the next line. Really hard to explain where this is, but that was how I was remembering it.

Solo 2A:
As Solo 1B above. I missed this one 6 times before FCing. It is the last broken note I am aware of.

Bodhisattva

Section: Outro

What's Broken?
The notes starting it out are

----------------

and after an orange cymbal swell

Solution:
Play them as
--------------

and

respectively. Alternatively, you can activate SP over the latter if you're having trouble.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often

Last edited by ElementOfZero on Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:10 am; edited 10 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
hheemm  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow..Is Neversoft even testing their games? It really doesn't seem like it. Hopefully this is the only song where this happens.
I just put in a 500GB HD in my PS3 I dont want to have to buy a new one already
iceefudgesickle  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hheemm wrote:
Wow..Is Neversoft even testing their games? It really doesn't seem like it. Hopefully this is the only song where this happens.

Just because there's a glitched note doesn't mean they didn't playtest the damn game. I mean really now - how many glitches do you see in GH games? The only ones that exist only affect REALLY GOOD players like the ones here at SH. Honestly, absolutely nobody cares even the slightest amount about this glitched note outside of SH. It's unfortunate yes, but unless they start hiring people who can FC every song in the game to playtest their games, games are going to have glitches like this. A fix to the glitch would be very appreciated but let's be honest, this affects probably 0.1% of the people who are buying this game, so why should Neversoft (or whatever company is making the games these days, I lost track) care?

hheemm  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iceefudgesickle wrote:
hheemm wrote:

Just because there's a glitched note doesn't mean they didn't playtest the damn game. I mean really now - how many glitches do you see in GH games? The only ones that exist only affect REALLY GOOD players like the ones here at SH. Honestly, absolutely nobody cares even the slightest amount about this glitched note outside of SH. It's unfortunate yes, but unless they start hiring people who can FC every song in the game to playtest their games, games are going to have glitches like this. A fix to the glitch would be very appreciated but let's be honest, this affects probably 0.1% of the people who are buying this game, so why should Neversoft (or whatever company is making the games these days, I lost track) care?

I wasn't being a dick. I just wish they would've play-tested more. Especially with GHWT on Drums. Seriously, Overkill, Commotion, Black Betty, Anything ect... And the annoying 99% FC's on the drums also.

edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention the broken expert+ songs on expert diffuculty on GH5. That's really something they should have caught.
I'm just guessing they cannot test all of the games they put out thoroughly.
I just put in a 500GB HD in my PS3 I dont want to have to buy a new one already
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm going to turn this thread into a reference of glitched drums notes later tonight. There's more than most people realize.

oh, and i'd love for them to hire me to test the songs

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate that it may not be possible to play-test every note. However, some after-release support would be good. I can't imagine correcting note counts could be hugely time consuming, and the bass issue on GH5 is really terrible. Certainly all the broken notes have now been identified for GHWT at least, they could all be done in one go for minimal effort. But, I guess it is more important to crank the next game out asap.

I do feel that there is less interest/concern as it's a drums issue. An equivolent issue on guitar would create some monster rage in these parts. What if, say, 5% of guitar songs on GH5 were near impossible to pass (not because of difficulty), let alone FC? That's how it is for drums right now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another broken section:

Turn Off the Light: Pre chorus, in about halfway

first has to be played

and this is a bitch to hit in a run.

(as usually, orange is bass)

ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redesigned op and need help getting the rest of them

I know:
trapped under Ice (need what section, what note and how to hit it)
purple haze (end sustain)
sweet home alabama (sustain point glitch)
overkill

for DLC, Well thought out twinkles.

GH5: sustain glitch, and double bass
gh5 dlc, Our Truth (x+). which section, what notes and is it possible?

what else am i forgetting?

Bendover  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:

For that you just need to start the blue sustain late

Skype wrote:
[4:09:44 PM] Jared Brock: War Ensemble is easy as hell [on drums]
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
redesigned op and need help getting the rest of them

I know:
trapped under Ice (need what section, what note and how to hit it)
sweet home alabama (sustain point glitch)
overkill

what else am i forgetting?

TUI - Solo 2A. 3rd note of measure 124. There is R+O > Y > R+Y > Y and it's that last yellow. (I explained that really badly) Dunno how you do the icons like you have. It's Y+Bass and you hit the yellow first, then bass.

Antisocial has a broken sustain that deducts points.
I think the blue sustain at the end of KOTJ is the same as the purple haze one.

I'll add more if there are any or I think of them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21st Century Schizoid Man has very obviously glitchy orange sustains at the end that deduct tens of thousands of points from your total.

Solution: Just play the note without the sustain. You don't break combo.

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solution for Sweet Home Alabama and Antisocial sustains:

Also, it might be an idea to include all songs that have a glitched note count into the OP + the corrected note counts for those songs.
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
ccmoose  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Hotel California Solo D roll, I just played each bass note 1/32nd note late, i.e. between the downbeat hit and the next one.

Warhiem  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Truth just has a missing note on expert plus in GH5. I overhit twice and got 99% but my stats were all 100%. I'm sure it's like All Nightmare Long in GH3 on Hard
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Un-FC'd Thread.

Sulfurus wrote:
I got Out Truth on Expert+ for GH5 Import. There is a glitched note in "Riff of Truth 2" It is only possible to get 98% on this section in practice mode. It's the part where you can tell there is a bass note missing.
I think I remember being able to hit the part, just not sure how, been a while.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: