ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DJ Hero Controller Problems
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ADAMAZiD  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: DJ Hero Controller Problems Reply with quote

Having researched the net high and low I have found out a bug plaguing mainly the Xbox 360 DJ Hero controllers.

I have been having this problem since day 1 as well as the my only 3 friends that picked up the game. Basically when performing rewinds you will drop combo because a button has been pressed, when in actual fact you haven't pressed any button at all.

Having phoned Activision UK and explained to them the problem they are aware of it and are giving replacements where necessary.

I was wondering if anyone here is having this problem?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIWLHTAcg30
Thom1234  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been getting that problem frequently.

The controller is also terrible at registering fast scratching well.

EDIT: and the buttons are terribly unresponsive.

Last edited by Thom1234 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
ADAMAZiD  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I have that too. I recommend taking it back man.. I'm still waiting for my replacement from Activision to come
Thom1234  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADAMAZiD wrote:
Yeah, I have that too. I recommend taking it back man.. I'm still waiting for my replacement from Activision to come

Someone else bought DJH for me, and I don't like asking for receipts from other people. I might send it back to Activision at some point.

And I think the terrible buttons/scratching responsiveness is due to faults in the design/lack of durability of the controller, so, no matter how many times you replace it, those problems will persist. Hopefully Activision/FSG will redesign the controller for DJ Hero 2.
Kois  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was naive to think I was the only one having this problem. I have the Wii version of the game and I've been having so many problems with the controller.

The buttons stick and hardly respond. Even when doing light scratches it will occasionally push the buttons down just like your video shows. It has almost stopped detecting rewinds. It's a piece of garbage.

When I first bought it it was fine. Within two days it went to heck. I'm just going to wait it out until new controllers for the game develop.

EDIT: I had some problems with the World Tour guitar, which turned out to have a quick fix. I'm really hoping that this doesn't become a common trend with Activision.
Thom1234  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kois wrote:
EDIT: I had some problems with the World Tour guitar, which turned out to have a quick fix. I'm really hoping that this doesn't become a common trend with Activision.

WT guitar and drums were both pretty terrible. I haven't tried the GH5 guitar or the Band Hero Drumset. My GH3 Les Paul is terrible as well. I'd say it's a common trend already.

And despite this, my GH2 Xplorer is flawless. Why can't Activision/RedOctane/whoever makes peripherals now get it right again?

EDIT: ADAMAZiD, did you have to send your controller into Activision to get it replaced? Just out of curiosity...
ADAMAZiD  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I phoned them up and they dealt with it internally and said they'd send out a brand new set for me for free.

But afaik this isn't the case with everyone, I gave the phone number to UnsteadyCarrot and they sent him to use the RMA website.
sextypething  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xbox guide button seems to keep triggering itself, it has done so about 6 times within the past 10 minutes, batteries show 3/4 of the bars, so don't see how they'd be a problem (the green led around the guide button isn't flickering or anything as if it normally would if this was the problem).

It went off 2-3 times during the scratch perverts Robot Rock mix.

EDIT;

ok this is fucking ridiculous, I was in the middle of Rock It and the Xbox guide triggered, then two seconds later without me doing a THING it went off by itself...

Anyone else experiencing anything like this? This is uncalled for.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xTHExLOCUSTx
Unsteadycarrot  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problem with my guide button here, just unworking effects dial and random buttons being pressed during a rewind or scratching in general!!

i have phoned them numerous times and as Adamazid pointed out, i had to end up taking the RMA route, im currently awaiting my pre-paid shipping label via email, i figured with the current postal strikes going on here in the uk the fastest way to get this sorted is via activision as they "should" use couriers right?

anyway, did rma yesterday morning and i do not have the email yet, i have a box for it ready to go xD....still playing with my dodgy turntable as i still want to keep playing.

be sad to see it temporarily go, but atleast when i get it back ill be able to sample more than YEAAAAAAAAAA BOIIIIIIIIIIIII and check this out!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This explains it, I just thought I was unknowingly hitting a button during the rewind.

ADAMAZiD  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikepalermo1 wrote:
This explains it, I just thought I was unknowingly hitting a button during the rewind.

I thought the same thing at first till I found out others were having the same problem.

Anyway I got my problem resolved new DJ Hero bundle came today
mikepalermo1  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a year warranty at EB Games, So I'll pop by and trade it out sometime this weekend.

anonymous_104  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Unsteadycarrot  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont bother with activision, you will be waiting forever, i started my RMA with them last wednesday and it said "RMA - complete" since last friday, tuesday came and still nothing, not even a shipping label for my old turntable so i phoned them up.

Turns out they dont have ANY replacement turntables in stock? seriously, WTF? the guy on the phone said i was on back order and that once they get some in stock they will send me my shipping label.

So after spending £90 and not being able to play it for 2 weeks, i gave in and phoned up my retailer who i bought it from (zavvi.co.uk) a small chat later and my turntable was packaged up and in the post office on the way back. MUCH QUICKER!!!

Keeping my RMA open just incase this new ones broken too

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problems I have with rewind don't occur if I grab the opposite side of the platter and rewind like that, nowhere near any notes when I do the rewind. But everytime I rewind near notes the game registers scratches or hits, I think it may be the engine.

As for fast button hits, I noticed for instance on the Tiesto track the fast greens for euphoria, you can hit them way early and late, so I am wondering if the timing windows are just severley fucked.

But I have been noticing weird effects with my crossfader and effects dial [ effects dial spinning fast on it's own until I nudge it, then it stops. Crossfader not responding unless I re-center and slide back to the side again ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: