ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DJ Hero Controller Problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anonymous_104  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
iceefudgesickle  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch. I was going to go for this as a Christmas gift, but if there are so many problems with the controllers, maybe I should wait it out until there's a redesign of the controller. I'm not made of cash, I can't go out and spend money on faulty stuff. What do you people who have the game think I should do?

Unsteadycarrot  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played an instore one yesterday and it was fine, nothing wrong with it at all.

so im going with it just being some batches, my replacement from zavvi should be here next week so if you still havent decided ill post here and let you know weather this ones borked aswell.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iceefudgesickle, I'd wait until the reports of faulty instruments die down ala WT. I got WT for Christmas the year it launched and thought perhaps maybe my guitar wouldn't be faulty. Surprise surprise two weeks later it started dropping down strums.

Apparently hoping your instrument doesn't break isn't enough to stop it breaking.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

take it for what you will but I've made ATVI aware of this problem

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=13024&post=60961&uid=173789739310#post60961
Kois  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azurite wrote:
5) during unidirectionals, if I press the button, move in the direction, then let go of the button and move back, the game will register me having the button still held down for a bit longer, thus when i move back the platter it breaks combo.

I think that's probably because your buttons are sticking. I have all of your problems too, and this is the only one that's been resolved just by playing it more.

Probably a lack of grease or the buttons are just choking might be that. Everything else is more of the internal hardware.

If anyone else does have only this problem, just give it time. The buttons will grind away so much that eventually there will be just enough room for the buttons to easily be pressed and released. Keep in mind though, this makes the controller more sensitive, so pushing buttons by pure human error may occur more often.
Unsteadycarrot  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Activision RMA now have replacement turntables back in stock , too bad mine just arrived back at my retailer for a replacement!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to try to get my dad to drive me over to EB games so I can swap em out.

FCing mid level songs on hard, then doing a rewind, and losing combo...not fun.

tank732  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey im not sure if this is correct but i might have figured out why it drop notes sometimes when u rewind.

ive noticed if u try to rewind too quick after just hitting a note/scratching it drops a your streak. ive tried it quite a bit and i think it might be the reason why. if anyone else could confirm this would be helpful.

just try to rewind really fast right dead after a note,then try to rewind at a big break of notes.

again not sure that this is the problem,im just throwing in my two cents.

thanks.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my controller now has the rewind malfunction as well as sometimes it rewinds on it's own. As well I think the crossfader is broken as I break combo on most fast switches.
Unsteadycarrot  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my 2nd controller is now starting to press random buttons when rewinding or scratching. really pissed off with this right now as it is ruining a great game, now do i replace it via RMA this time or just wait it out till one of the hardware guys here figure out a mod/fix for it?...theres not much wiring etc in the turntable half there must be SOMETHING we can do ourselves?

EDIT: After a discussion with the guy at activision RMA my 2nd turntable is now on its way to being replaced, he asked me a lot about the problem itself this time which was handy.

it seems that if you spin the turntable on the dj hero menus buttons are getting pressed like mad BUT if you spin the turntable on the dash, NOTHING HAPPENS!!!, starting to seem like it might be problem with the games code and not so much the turntables themselves.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP

Not sure if anyone still has any controller problems but my 3rd turntable just arrived back this time from activisions RMA offices, the crossfader seems 50% tighter and the turntable is working properly (for now). so lets see if this one degrades over time or not!!

if this one breaks im demanding a free upgrade to a renegade deck.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My turntable is also getting the "rewind and large scratches automatically presses random buttons".
I'm thinking of sending it back to Activision but I'm not sure.
Has anyone from France already asked for a exchange? Should I use the website form? Email? Phone?

Thanks!
Unsteadycarrot  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

use the website its REALLY easy and VERY fast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ouch, it's not as smooth as I thought using the website. I need to send the controller to UK (I'm in France). I can't use my local post office but need to use TNT whose nearest office is quite far away (need a car, can't use subway).
But I tried to play again yesterday, it's so frustrating with the bug that I'll do it anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: