ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DJ Hero Controller Problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zaxxon1982  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My controller seems to miss hits periodically, and I have the rewind bug. I asked Activision why rewind sometimes causes me to break combo. I await their answer telling me it's because I'm hitting buttons or missing hits.
thechop  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been going crazy all day thinking i've been pressing buttons by accident, reading this i now realise i'm not and its the damn controller, geez a £100 bundle shouldn't have this kind if fault, glad i got it for £70 but its still not acceptable
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote an angry post on the Facebook page. Trust me, I'm PISSED about this shit. I cant even do simple Up-Down sequences on Expert without it over-scratching. I promise you, if Activison doesnt do anything about this, They have lost a customer for life because of their bullshit.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My red and blue buttons press by themselves for some reason.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm have it for the Wii and now a week after owning it the game doesn't always register Rewinds immediately. The platter will spin for a good second or more before it triggers. Bleh.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everybody. My controller went from being horrible, and after a little bit of tweaking, is now much better than when I first bought it.

I'm not really encouraging anything, and don't blame me if you do what I did and something stops working randomly.

My controller was virtually useless to me. Couldn't rewind. Buttons didn't always respond. Buttons triggered like madness if I spun the platter around, causing combo breaks while rewinding. The buttons were sticking, making it hard for me to do fast taps and sometimes the buttons would remain pressed for long periods of time.

Well I cracked open the controller to see what was inside. After simply lifting the platter from the base of the controller I saw a lot of dust. I immediately figured this might have been the cause for the poor detection in rewinds. The dust was obviously caused by me pressing down too hard on the controller and the grinding plastic caused dust to form and scatter, most likely getting in the way of the sensor.

I dusted the controller clean at this point with a few paper towels and some alcohol. There was a lot. I wiped the sensor off with a micro fiber towel.

I had a few thoughts on the buttons, but my main problem was how they would stick so much. I guess the buttons occasionally trigger themselves when spinning the platter because of how fast it's moving. It makes sense that a few things might move with the platter. The game must have a sensitive engine, so I immediately found this to be out of my control.

To fix the buttons from sticking, I took the platter apart. I sanded down the holes for the buttons only slightly, cleaned off the dust and applied some lubricant. When replacing the buttons I made sure that the screws were as tight as can be.

After putting the controller back together, I tried it out and all of my problems were now gone. The buttons do occasionally still trigger when spinning the platter, but at this point in time it has to be a pretty hard spin to do such a thing. Rewinding no longer breaks my combo.

So my advice to avoid having to do this is to be gentle with your controller while scratching and rewinding. Dust can be easily formed if you apply too much pressure. As for the buttons, you'll probably just have to bear with them if your buttons are sticking until you've used it enough times that it hopefully stops.t, After my little button adjustmen I ended up with very soft-to-press buttons. At times I have to be careful not to rest my fingers on them. They are very sensitive!
Steebeh  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna have to try that. Thanks Kois!
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: II Steebs II PSN Name: SGTV-Steebs
Robbert  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, I don't have any of those problems. My main problem with the turn table is the cross fader: it fails to respond properly, and is always in a left position according to the game, even if it's centered or in its right position.
If I pull the slider bar to me (but not all the way), slightly pushing it against the controller, it almost works as it should, but using Euphoria and the effects dial are nigh-impossible now. Also, if I go too far to the right while pulling the cross fader slide, the hardware malfunction returns.

I borrowed it this way from a friend and he says it broke during normal game play in less than a week.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: UpgradePolecat
FuManChuu  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone got the local (US) contact number for RMA support? I've been trying the website off and on for a week or so now, and all I get is:

"Please contact your local customer service agent to request warranty support for your product.
Check the customer support section of your manual for the customer support contact in your region."

At the end of filling out the web form

Anyway, appreciate any info anyone has
DJwarranty  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Thread from the Dead! Reply with quote

I too had "phantom button presses" rendering the game unplayable for me. Has anyone tried opening up the DJH2 decks yet to look for improvements over their predecessors?

Web search on this problem brought me here and to a news article on this site. They seem to be the only ones with the balls to speak out on this.

It ruins an otherwise GREAT game!
y0tube  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: Thread from the Dead! Reply with quote

DJwarranty wrote:
I too had "phantom button presses" rendering the game unplayable for me. Has anyone tried opening up the DJH2 decks yet to look for improvements over their predecessors?

Web search on this problem brought me here and to a news article on this site. They seem to be the only ones with the balls to speak out on this.

It ruins an otherwise GREAT game!

i dont have the new white/black turntables so i cant speak for those. but i did get the dj hero2 turntable bundle at walmart which came with the regular gray turntable. it is my 5th turntable controller (obviously i play a lot). the controller feels the same and looks the same with the exception of the freestyle knob feeling more reinforced, which is good because that's what usually went to crap for me. i do have one older renegade controller that gives me phantom red button presses.
not gonna open my new controller up but i imagine they did do some slight internal changes to address the issues considering they did sturdy up the freestyle knob. otherwise i will be whoring through many controllers in djhero2 as the taps in many of the songs are insane.
MinaKoga  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Thread from the Dead! Reply with quote

y0tube wrote:
it is my 5th turntable controller

Your fifth one? o-o
I still have my very first one, and the only problem I've had is that the knob on the crossfader can be pulled off. I've been playing since the first day the first game came out. Maybe you're just unlucky. x)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: