ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The MLG Official Thread (Providence Results, New Thread Owner)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stinkdog2007  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
stinkdog2007 wrote:
this1neguy wrote:

-BlOps is GOD FUCKING AWFUL and even with competitive gametypes you can't improve on a game that takes no skill to begin with.

That's probably because you have never actually played competitive CoD. When you play pubs, you won't understand how it actually works. It is a very difficult game to play competitive. Try to play it and you'll see why it is so hard. Your opinion is most likely based on you playing pubs.

Or, you know, because it's CoD and competitive CoD is fucking boring.

Fellow pubstars unite!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkdog2007 wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:
stinkdog2007 wrote:
this1neguy wrote:

-BlOps is GOD FUCKING AWFUL and even with competitive gametypes you can't improve on a game that takes no skill to begin with.

That's probably because you have never actually played competitive CoD. When you play pubs, you won't understand how it actually works. It is a very difficult game to play competitive. Try to play it and you'll see why it is so hard. Your opinion is most likely based on you playing pubs.

Fellow pubstars unite!

Nope, I've played competitive CoD before. Still boring.

Try again.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
stinkdog2007 wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:
stinkdog2007 wrote:
this1neguy wrote:

Fellow pubstars unite!

Nope, I've played competitive CoD before. Still boring.

Try again.

Competitive playlist doesn't count and neither does GB SnD :P.

I highly doubt you have played with a team with MLG rules. If you have, you would understand the strategys, gun skill, and knowledge it takes to play this game. There is a lot more to CoD that you think.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkdog2007 wrote:

I highly doubt you have played with a team with MLG rules. If you have, you would understand the strategys, gun skill, and knowledge it takes to play this game. There is a lot more to CoD that you think.

I've never played Starcraft, am probably only 1/4 of the way in to understanding how it works and that is infinitely more fun to watch than CoD.

I've got better things to do than watch a game where you wait over a minute for an engagement and then it's over in under a second, most of the time before the person killed knows what's happened to them.

CoD is a horrible game to watch, so good for you if you're able to enjoy it more because you've played competitively, but to the vast majority of casual viewers it will be by far the most boring option available. It's just far too slow paced.

I still miss fighting games on the circuit >_>

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jax0509
stinkdog2007  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedevilsreject wrote:
stinkdog2007 wrote:

I've never played Starcraft, am probably only 1/4 of the way in to understanding how it works and that is infinitely more fun to watch than CoD.

I've got better things to do than watch a game where you wait over a minute for an engagement and then it's over in under a second, most of the time before the person killed knows what's happened to them.

CoD is a horrible game to watch, so good for you if you're able to enjoy it more because you've played competitively, but to the vast majority of casual viewers it will be by far the most boring option available. It's just far too slow paced.

I still miss fighting games on the circuit >_>

Not saying you have to watch it over another game. Obviously if you like starcraft or halo more than CoD, you should watch that stream instead. But when you guys are saying it is a horrible game, it sucks, easy to play, etc., you guys have no idea what your talking about. There is a lot more to CoD than most people think.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, competitive Black Ops is dull because it's pretty much only the Famas being used. The idea behind having 40 or so weapons to choose from is to have each one have different strengths and weaknesses. Treyarch clearly failed and as a result has made a very boring game for me to watch competitively.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TopazGrl wrote:
For me, competitive Black Ops is dull because it's pretty much only the Famas being used. The idea behind having 40 or so weapons to choose from is to have each one have different strengths and weaknesses. Treyarch clearly failed and as a result has made a very boring game for me to watch competitively.

That, and it's not the most fun to watch teams stay in the same spot, staring down their scope until someone on one of the teams decides to wander around. Get that kill, camp harder, GG.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the nerfs on the Famas, there have been a lot of usage from the 74u, spectre, and spas-12. MLG is already toying with the idea of banning the Famas and Aug, so that shouldn't be an issue anymore. Although I don't see how it is a problem since that means everyone is on an even playing field.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather watch CS 1.6 some more than watch Black Ops. Oh well, SC2 is great fun to watch. Terran/Blue Flame OP
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McSkinny
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instinct. Anaheim champions.

Twenty-one games won. Zero games lost.

What. The. Fuck.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this1neguy wrote:
Instinct. Anaheim champions.

Twenty-one games won. Zero games lost.

What. The. Fuck.

Dat perfection

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MVP over MMA I was really rooting for MMA to if nothing else take it to an extended series but MVP just outplayed him completely in that third game. Ah well. Really great SC2 event even though the Koreans took the entire top 6. No surprise there, I suppose, although a slightly disappointing showing from HuK.

Oh and some team won BlOps. LeveraGe in a battle of "who can use the Famas red dot with lightweight sleight of hand and ninja / have better nade spots / do something or other better". It was decent-ish to watch. I tried, I really did. BlOps just isn't nearly as fun to watch as either of the other games.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
TopazGrl  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided to whip this up after seeing Str8 not even get top 12...

Also, in response to this1neguy...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best picture I could find, too bad it's small.

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/5u13/
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

sportsboy85  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McSkinny wrote:
I'd rather watch CS 1.6 some more than watch Black Ops. Oh well, SC2 is great fun to watch. Terran/Blue Flame OP

Bullshit. Zerg just won Code S and NesTea is the best in the world. MVP wins MLG mainly using blue flame and it's OP. Day9 even said this during the stream.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 57 of 59

Jump to: