ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Does GH Skill Rub Off On DJ Hero

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thenewkidaw71  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Does GH Skill Rub Off On DJ Hero Reply with quote

just curious, im not even interested in dj hero, but if your good at guitar hero, will you be better than average on dj hero just from the start

My Guitar Hero Acc. Thread / My Rock Band Acc. Thread / My Youtube / My Cult of Personality Guide / My Rock You Like a Hurricane Guide
Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
These charts look awfully fun so far. But hey, you can't spell Guiftaru Henro without f-u-n.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: iSWIMaw71
Rodrigo  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think so, i picked up pretty fast. i got decent scores on the first day playing on expert. playing guitar hero helps imo
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: engrathemouse
BioHazardABZ  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume so, Kind of like how most Guitar players were good at drums when rockband came out. Its mostly multitasking that is the hardest, In which People who play GH have alot of expirience in.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: BiohazardABZ Wii Friend Code: 266453013085
nytelyte  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I've learned is that... when you get good at one music game (just about ANY music game), you end up being at least decent on the others. They're all similar in some respects. Just like being really good at Team Fortress will make you at least decent at Counter Strike. Being good at Gran Turismo will make you already decent at Mario Kart.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: nyt3lyt3 ICQ Number
Mogwai  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.. It's a game about/based on music.. So when you get good at one game that has you relying the rhythm and such, it's not going to be as hard to take that skill over to other games.

I guess it's not that being good at GH/RB would really rub off specifically.. But being good/familiarized with rhythm games overall would rub off.

Haha, plus I guess it makes it a little bit less awkward/intimidating. Seems like some people new to music games will get up and try them.. And just fuck up horribly. Like, more than anybody should >.>'. I guess they just find it way more confusing than it really is
Check out some of my guides:
Guide To Rasing SH Score Rank - http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73482&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
I try to make electronic music: Http://www.myspace.com/soundteq
Almost 60 GH5 XFCs
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I nailed a nice 2 star on expert my first try. I can't figure out the slidey thing, it doesn't lock in the middle and ruins me.
Usagi  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhiem wrote:
I nailed a nice 2 star on expert my first try. I can't figure out the slidey thing, it doesn't lock in the middle and ruins me.

You don't have to move it back into the middle for it to be in the "centre" position. You only have to nudge it away from the edge.
Rawrspoon  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nytelyte wrote:
Something I've learned is that... when you get good at one music game (just about ANY music game), you end up being at least decent on the others. They're all similar in some respects. Just like being really good at Team Fortress will make you at least decent at Counter Strike. Being good at Gran Turismo will make you already decent at Mario Kart.
Except there isn't a class that has an assault rifle.

I play TF2 religiously and can't stand a chance on CS
nytelyte  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rawrspoon wrote:
Except there isn't a class that has an assault rifle.

I play TF2 religiously and can't stand a chance on CS

I usually played as a Demolitions Man on Quake Team Fortress and Team Fortress Classic. I gave Counterstrike a try, and although I wasn't absolutely ridiculously good, I was still reasonably decent at it in comparison to someone who hadn't played a FPS before.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: nyt3lyt3 ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: