ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Epic rivalry - TTFAF, CoD & My Curse due 11/21!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
misanthrope1  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i tried that but i couldnt do it to save my life. can you keep a combo throughout it?
RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

misanthrope1 wrote:
yeah i tried that but i couldnt do it to save my life. can you keep a combo throughout it?

Yeah, I can keep a pretty good combo if I concetrate. Of course, I miss ocassionly because of the 3 : 4 finger-button ratio but I still do pretty good for a one-hander. GHP is the only good player I know of that one-hands it, so I feel kind of cool doing it that way also.
MarkAllen1988  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHP doesn't really one hand it, he holds his finger on his strumming hand on the green and elbow strums. or lately, he taps only the blues and oranges. I've found the most consistent way is the Iamchris4life method, which is alternating tapping with fretting. Once you get this down, it is 100% consistent every time. and it's way less work than one handing it or tapping only the blues and oranges, because you're doing half the notes on your fretting hand. Have to start it with an elbow strum though. I might make a hands vides eventually if people want me too. Makes the rest of the song easier, and it's nice to get those sps and have 100k at the break

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: markallen2216
RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkAllen1988 wrote:
GHP doesn't really one hand it, he holds his finger on his strumming hand on the green and elbow strums.

Back in the early days, he did in fact do that, but once he started putting up videos of his sixth TTFAF FC onwards, he has always one-handed it. The only exception to this is his Smash Hits FC, where he used the Chris method.

Another thing, opinions on the best way to do the TTFAF intro are extremely... well... opinionated. Some people find it easier to tap than one-hand, and vice versa. I used to tap it, but I started missing a lot after a while so I started one-handing it. It also helps that if you miss one-handing it, you don't have to elbow strum, since you're not tapping. The strumbar is RIGHT THERE, allowing for a quick restart of the chain. Once I missed tapping, I immediately went to one-handing for prescisely that reason.

tl;dr - It depends on how well you can tap.
[GHP has one-handed the intro from his sixth FC onwards.]
MarkAllen1988  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I'm crap at one-handing it, I fail everytime. So I just tap it so my hand doesn't explode Not trying to force my ways onto you or anything, I'm just saying for me it's easier to tap. So can you reliably get the SPs in the intro? And my hat goes off to you, because your hand must be a beast if you can one hand it. But for the average play, it would probably be easier to learn to tap it if your fingers aren't fast enough like mine

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: markallen2216
RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkAllen1988 wrote:
well, I'm crap at one-handing it, I fail everytime. So I just tap it so my hand doesn't explode Not trying to force my ways onto you or anything, I'm just saying for me it's easier to tap. So can you reliably get the SPs in the intro? And my hat goes off to you, because your hand must be a beast if you can one hand it. But for the average play, it would probably be easier to learn to tap it if your fingers aren't fast enough like mine

I completely agree with you on one part: Some methods are easier for different people for different reasons. My most consistent method happens to be one-handing it, but my hand is by no means a beast. Remember, if you anchor green, it essentially cuts the NPS in half and all you have to do is quickly hammer-on the higher notes. Of course, that may be easier said than done for some.

As for SP... I can sometimes get both the SPs but more than likely my hand will give up near the end and I'll miss the second one. Most of the time I get them both, but it's still pretty hard to keep combo going from one the other, tapping or not.

Phew... I haven't gotten into a They're Hammerons debate in a while... it feels good!
MarkAllen1988  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I completely agree with you on one part: Some methods are easier for different people for different reasons. My most consistent method happens to be one-handing it, but my hand is by no means a beast. Remember, if you anchor green, it essentially cuts the NPS in half and all you have to do is quickly hammer-on the higher notes. Of course, that may be easier said than done for some.

As for SP... I can sometimes get both the SPs but more than likely my hand will give up near the end and I'll miss the second one. Most of the time I get them both, but it's still pretty hard to keep combo going from one the other, tapping or not.

Phew... I haven't gotten into a They're Hammerons debate in a while... it feels good!

This is my first, and you're right, it does feel good Okay, you take the green note out, and you have like 6 and two thirds NPS. now with my method, each hand is only doing 3 nps, which is okay. But, doing 6 nps while anchoring the green is just so hard on your hand and when you've got a 7 minute song less fatigue is better. Know what I'm saying? But if you're just trying to pass, it doesn't matter as much. That is, if you can manage the intro without failing( I fail at 2% onehanded)

RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you've been playing so long, fatigue doesn't really matter considering that the song doesn't really get any faster than 13.3 NPS, outside of What The and Red Snake. I can consistently 4 star it and neither hand gets tired in about 4 consecutive runs. I had to practice for MONTHS to beat the intro, and it's something that has to be FC'd or close to FC'd to consistently pass it.

Not that I'm saying I can hit everything anyway, but my hand definitely doesn't get tired, at least in the first few runs. TTFAF is as much a mental test as it is a physical one. Nobody can deny that.

Prett much anything DWDTG and harder will give you fatigue in the first run, I don't think TTFAF will. Of course, I've been playing since Christmas last year so for someone just starting out, it will definitely seem like the hardest song in the series.
MarkAllen1988  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. You win

I forgot what we were arguing about in the first place. But it's all in good fun, right

Richard's hand>Mark's hand

At least when it comes to the intro

RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkAllen1988 wrote:
Fair enough. You win

I forgot what we were arguing about in the first place. But it's all in good fun, right

Absolutely, arguing about something like this is always good fun, as long as there's no flaming . This was the perfect forum too, since most topics made of these arguments would be locked elsewhere, but the rivalries forum isn't moderated. (as much)

I would say my hand>your hand in the intro, but probably not alot more. You have quite a large number of FCs that I would have to grind the hell out of to get, and some pretty good scores considering the whammy trouble you get being a lefty.

Call it even?

Enjoyed the discussion btw. It's always fun to argue about stuff.
MarkAllen1988  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardGHP wrote:
MarkAllen1988 wrote:
Fair enough. You win

Absolutely, arguing about something like this is always good fun, as long as there's no flaming . This was the perfect forum too, since most topics made of these arguments would be locked elsewhere, but the rivalries forum isn't moderated. (as much)

I would say my hand>your hand in the intro, but probably not alot more. You have quite a large number of FCs that I would have to grind the hell out of to get, and some pretty good scores considering the whammy trouble you get being a lefty.

Call it even?

Enjoyed the discussion btw. It's always fun to argue about stuff.

Yeah, I can't pass the intro onehanded, but I can FC it tapping, so it makes up for it. And I've been playing since February of 08, so I've got almost a year on you. And let me tell you this, it all comes with time. A year ago I never thought I'd be sitting on 688k on TTFAF with 57 FCs, hell I think I had like 20 FCs tops and 3 stars on TTFAF and Raining Blood. But then one day it all clicked, and it's all uphill from that moment. I really don't know what I'm trying to say but... imagine this

RichardGHP FC's TTFAF

It could happen!

RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkAllen1988 wrote:
RichardGHP FC's TTFAF

It could happen!

Hahaha I wish!

Maybe with like... a million years of grinding. But it could still happen!

(Ok, probably not, roflmfao)
MarkAllen1988  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you add a years worth of progress you'll at least be 700King it. I was at right about your level/number of FCs when I 5*ed it. I think the maximum I could get would be like 750k. I had a run today where I FCed the second half of Bridge 2 under sp, had 375k there and bombed the rest of the song and got like 620k. Choked both grinding scales and all the SPs I usually get I was pissed..

RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think 700k will take quite a year... but still a long time.

I don't really even play it anymore, if I sat down and played it for half an hour each day, my score could improve drastically. Motivation is the only thing I need
MarkAllen1988  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your high on it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: