ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
A few questions about the game
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: A few questions about the game Reply with quote

Will this game be around for awhile? Like, will people still be playing it around christmas time and still competing against each other here?

Also, ive watched videos and seen places where it just looks like barbed wire (Only thing i can think of) instead of directional arrows. what exactly do you do here.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trying to threadjack, but I also would like to ask a few questions because I might buy it.

1) How much replayability is there in the game? Are the songs/gameplay fun enough to get hooked onto it, or is it a one time play kinda deal?

2) How good does the hardware seem? Does it seem like it was designed to work and be good, or does it feel kind of cheap or like it might break down soon?
sextypething  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Will this game be around for awhile? Like, will people still be playing it around christmas time and still competing against each other here?

Also, ive watched videos and seen places where it just looks like barbed wire (Only thing i can think of) instead of directional arrows. what exactly do you do here.
Is it only on the red column? If so then it's the spot where trigger your samples. (edit: yeah, it is probably the crossfader spikes, for some reason I was thinking of the red freestyle sample zones.)

FreeXBird wrote:
1) How much replayability is there in the game? Are the songs/gameplay fun enough to get hooked onto it, or is it a one time play kinda deal?

2) How good does the hardware seem? Does it seem like it was designed to work and be good, or does it feel kind of cheap or like it might break down soon?
1) I feel this game will be around awhile, especially if they release DLC regularly, the good mixes keep it interesting.

2) The hardware is solid, I was expecting flimsy plastic equipment (similar to the original GH1 guitars), but what I got was a very well put together piece of equipment. Although I have the renegade edition, I don't feel like there are that many differences.

Last edited by sextypething on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xTHExLOCUSTx
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The barbed wire sections are "spikes." You move the crossfader in the direction of the spike extremely fast and then pull it back to the center. IMO, it's one of the hardest things to do in the game.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, i guess i didnt explain it enough. Its on the Green and Blue mainly, and usually in the harder songs. Instead of an arrow Point UP or DOWN, its like a line of Left and right, usually really fast and close together.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just means you can scratch however you want.

de1337ed  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you're describing is actually more prevalent in medium and hard. You just have to keep the disc moving in any direction at a relatively slow speed.

In expert you have to scratch in the direction of the triangle at the given beat and stop when there are gaps. Directional scratching is what makes many of the harder songs so hard (especially when you have to scratch in the same direction 4 times in a row very quickly).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: When you let go of the record, does it spin back into a default position? Or does it just rotate on a center piece?
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeXBird wrote:
Question: When you let go of the record, does it spin back into a default position? Or does it just rotate on a center piece?
It just rotates on a center piece, I guess. It certainly doesn't have a default position. I would be really awkward for the plate to spin back to default after a rewind (though that would also eliminate missing the buttons when they come back).

/minor contribution from someone who has only played on his friend's copy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It rotates freely as well. There's very little friction so it'll keep spinning for a while if you don't stop it.

In fact, the lack of friction does make certain scratches harder to control.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

de1337ed wrote:
(especially when you have to scratch in the same direction up to almost 20 times in a row very quickly).

Fixed for you
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it appears that the game is actually kind of difficult? Not something you can just pick up and go straight to 5*'ing expert? I want a new challenge, so I'm hoping this game can provide it.
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeXBird wrote:
So it appears that the game is actually kind of difficult? Not something you can just pick up and go straight to 5*'ing expert? I want a new challenge, so I'm hoping this game can provide it.
It's definitely difficult. You should be able to do really well on medium once you know how things go, but you're going to need to practice to get used to hard (cross-fader is a bitch).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After playing back and forth on H and X mainly [ I didn't bother with anything lower than H lol ] I can tell you this game provides a HUGE challenge in some parts, especially with things like the repeated single direction scratches and the scratch streams that change speed as you scratch and have you tapping the red button at the same time
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the game worth the $120? Take note I only make $5 a week, so it's not like I am flowing with cash.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: