ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
the voice in Groundhog by Noisia...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toymachine  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azurite wrote:
Romanczuk wrote:
That is so not Kelsey Grammar.
And, erm, he's just saying normal words with a British accent, not nonsense words with an American accent, which is how it seems to be getting interpreted.

what the hell is "brraap" then? 0_o

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=brrap!

you've never watched Ali G?
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azurite wrote:
Romanczuk wrote:
That is so not Kelsey Grammar.
And, erm, he's just saying normal words with a British accent, not nonsense words with an American accent, which is how it seems to be getting interpreted.

what the hell is "brraap" then? 0_o

lol I think he's trying to say it isn't lll-WANK and KOTCH!... which is funny because that is exactly what those two lines sound like... and there is nothing else that isn't a regular us-of-a english word.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxninja114 wrote:
@ thecaptainof: the first part is corrected (sounds exactly what i would think he would say) but i just can't hear the "Blimey" after that, all i hear is something that sounds like "WANK" and in British slang, a "wank" or "wanker" is a masterbator...

...which i have no idea why they allowed that to be put on there...

Well it could also be "WEAK" or something that starts with a "W" so idk >_>

EDIT: Cripes is another British slang word meaning annoyance, expressing anger, a cross between "crap" and "Christ".

Yup, I know a bit of British slang. (points to location bit underneath avatar)

About the first bit... listening to a good quality version on YouTube through decent headphones: the 'b' sound is a bit muffled and the 'l' gets sort of caught up, so it's more like 'blllllllimey'. There's nothing even close to sounding like 'wank', I can't even begin to guess where you're getting that from. 3:28 on this video, just to make sure we're talking about the same thing.

To address the above: it's definitely kotch (London slang meaning to relax, chill out, sleep; derived from the French 'coucher') and brrrrap, which is a fucking stupid sound effect that idiot chavs (I guess you'd call them wiggas) make, supposedly it sounds like a gunshot, again it's pretty much a London thing.

Scratch Perverts are British so it makes sense that the slang used in their work would also be British... and honestly, how often does British slang make sense to any other country?

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
ricecake  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
and honestly, how often does British slang make sense to any other country?

I would say that rhyming slang has to take the cake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: