ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Final Fantasy thread.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thirdkoopa  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: The Final Fantasy thread. Reply with quote

I've recently got back into the series after playing FF7 again, inwhich I'm deciding on which other ones to replay out of the main series or to try one of the spin-offs.

So, personally wondering If there's any other fans here of the series asides from me. Basically in short: ITT: Discuss FF.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God I remember trying so many times to beat Emerald and Ruby weapon. Everyone makes it sound so easy with their strats and stuff, but I just simply could never do it. I was like 12 when I played it, but I still think I would struggle with it.

How did everyone finish those bastards off?
beingmused  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catfish7 wrote:
God I remember trying so many times to beat Emerald and Ruby weapon. Everyone makes it sound so easy with their strats and stuff, but I just simply could never do it. I was like 12 when I played it, but I still think I would struggle with it.

How did everyone finish those bastards off?

Its been nearly 10 years, but here's what I remember:

Emerald Weapon is fun because you don't have to use anything aside from brute force. Barnett's final weapon increases in damage the more AP-ful materia is assigned to it, so he's good to use, along with Cloud and Yuffie. There is one item that you can get that increases the time limit of the battle, that's important to have.

Ruby I used the cheap strategy of double summoning Hades and KoTR, and then miming that repetitively. Hades will normally inflict enough status effects to keep Ruby down, and then its just a matter of time.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
Romanticide  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another thread like this, but the last reply was in August. So I dunno if you would want to bump that. *shrug*

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88319

Anyway, I'm working on FFX at the moment before moving on to another game. Currently trying to beat Yunalesca. I can make it to the third form rather easily, and then LOL MIND BLAST. I dunno if I should go get more items (and maybe weapons), since the last merchant is kind of far away and the random encounter rate is annoyingly high. Ah well, I'll beat the silly girl soon enough.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah, I wish there was an FF I could play through right now that I haven't beaten at least 3 times already lol. FFXIII needs to be released.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone here has actually taken the time to beat Yiazmat in FFXII. He's one of the two enemies I can think of off the top of my head that I haven't beaten (I don't want to take the time to lol).

Oh, and I don't care what other people say, FFIX is the best game in the series. :p

Accomplishment Thread - Nothing new... lol. | Youtube | S11 - GH2X Squeedlies Champion!
beingmused  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fug wrote:
Gah, I wish there was an FF I could play through right now that I haven't beaten at least 3 times already lol. FFXIII needs to be released.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone here has actually taken the time to beat Yiazmat in FFXII. He's one of the two enemies I can think of off the top of my head that I haven't beaten (I don't want to take the time to lol).

Oh, and I don't care what other people say, FFIX is the best game in the series. :p

I took out Yiazmat, but not Omega Mark whatever.

FF9 was really enjoyable until I realized it had zero endgame content, and out of disgust I never bothered to finish it.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beingmused wrote:
Fug wrote:

Likewise. I beat Yiazmat without a guide fairly easily, but I didn't know how the fuck to beat Omega...I've fought him 3 or 4 times and every time he basically insta-kills my entire party. There must be some sort of trick to beating him, but I never got enough initiative to look it up.

It's been a while since I've played an FF, and I want to play FFXII again...but I have too many games and I'm too addicted to TF2.
Yewb  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romanticide wrote:
There is another thread like this, but the last reply was in August. So I dunno if you would want to bump that. *shrug*

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88319

Anyway, I'm working on FFX at the moment before moving on to another game. Currently trying to beat Yunalesca. I can make it to the third form rather easily, and then LOL MIND BLAST. I dunno if I should go get more items (and maybe weapons), since the last merchant is kind of far away and the random encounter rate is annoyingly high. Ah well, I'll beat the silly girl soon enough.

If you capture one of each monster in the Calm Lands, you can claim 60 Farplane Winds from the Monster Arena trainer. 60 Farplane Winds will allow you to customise Deathproof on one piece of armour; this allows you to have one character who doesn't need to be Zombified and can help everyone else. My advice would be acquire Confuse Ward; pretty sure it's a semi-rare drop from the monsters in the Gagazet cave, and then customise Deathproof onto it.

If you can remember how to get Musks at this point in the game (which I can't), then you can customise Confuse Ward or even Confuseproof (which is entirely the same for this fight). Either way, Deathproof makes this battle cake, and Deathproof + Confuse Ward on the same armour makes it DELICIOUS cake.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
Romanticide  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yewb wrote:
If you capture one of each monster in the Calm Lands, you can claim 60 Farplane Winds from the Monster Arena trainer. 60 Farplane Winds will allow you to customise Deathproof on one piece of armour; this allows you to have one character who doesn't need to be Zombified and can help everyone else. My advice would be acquire Confuse Ward; pretty sure it's a semi-rare drop from the monsters in the Gagazet cave, and then customise Deathproof onto it.

If you can remember how to get Musks at this point in the game (which I can't), then you can customise Confuse Ward or even Confuseproof (which is entirely the same for this fight). Either way, Deathproof makes this battle cake, and Deathproof + Confuse Ward on the same armour makes it DELICIOUS cake.

I got the Farplane Winds and made a piece of armor for Yuna with Deathproof/Zombie Ward. I thought it was obvious to give it to her since she has Reflect, Dispel, and Life, along with the curing spells when I could use them. I beat her first try with that piece of armor, so thanks!

Musks are a steal from Ahrimans, but I didn't get confused as much as in previous fights. Yuna got confused maybe once.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romanticide wrote:
Yewb wrote:

I got the Farplane Winds and made a piece of armor for Yuna with Deathproof/Zombie Ward. I thought it was obvious to give it to her since she has Reflect, Dispel, and Life, along with the curing spells when I could use them. I beat her first try with that piece of armor, so thanks!

Musks are a steal from Ahrimans, but I didn't get confused as much as in previous fights. Yuna got confused maybe once.

No problem The Deathproof thing is so quick and saves so much effort on that fight - not to mention the fact that it stops it being potentially unwinnable due to luck alone on a standard run - that I sneak it into ODINS every time and only lose a half hour or so overall. Same with the 100 bolts prize from the Plains, which is a lot of stat spheres.

In related news, I've lent FFX out to a friend (read: female), and she hasn't played it properly yet, so I won't be able to retry ODINS for some time. Still going to do it sometime next year, though. I can't believe I've made it to Lady Y six times now and never finished.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
Megashot  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww man, where do I start? I love the Final Fantasy games! My first Final Fantasy game was Final Fantasy 7, and I played that game like crazy back in the day (I got it when it first became a Greatest Hits title). I used to get stuck in Midgar right before Rufus (where you have to fight these machine/robots with Aeris (or Aerith), Barret, and Red XIII). After looking online for some help (and getting the official strategy guide) I was able to beat the boss and finally progress through the game! After that it just got better . I have since beaten the game two times, one with Gameshark (which is now broken) and one without it. On both saves I primarly used the team of Cloud, Yuffie, and Red XIII to get through the game. I got Yuffie's Level 4 limit break, "All Creation", and it does 9999 every single time XD. I spent a ridiculous amount of time getting Cloud's Omnislash, and boy, it was well worth it.

Anyone remember the W-Item duplication trick? Even though I could probably get through the game without it, the trick makes things a bit easier when trying to beat the game. I call it a "trick" because you don't need Gameshark to do it and it's just a cheap exploit you can do.

The FF games I have are:

-FF IV (on the PS1; got it from the Final Fantasy Chronicles(?) that includes Crono Trigger as well)
-FF VII
-FF VIII
-FF IX
-FF X
-FF XII

I am currently stuck on Final Fantasy XII. I am contemplating restarting the game and leveling up my party enough so that I can get through this one boss fight easily. The boss fight I am stuck on is on the Dreadnought Leviathan (when you go to it for the first time; don't know if you can return to it later). It's where you have to fight the captain of the ship. I get overwhelmed by the other enemies and everyone in my party dies quickly. I think I may have posted this in the old thread, but oh well. :P

Proud owner of every Guitar Hero and Rock Band game! Rock on!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Cool223 PSN Name: Megashot
beingmused  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand how anyone can be a Final Fantasy fan without having played FFIV. Even if you do the DS edition (tougher) or the GBA version (more end game content), it is absolutely mandatory to understand the first big leap forward in Final Fantasy-ing, and some of the best characters.

I think the same should apply to FF1 as well, but maybe that's just because it holds a special place in my heart; playing it for 2 weeks nonstop while being home from 2nd grade with chicken pox will do that to you.

On another note, this thread (plus MarcK's twittering of his FFX adventures) prompted me to start up FFX again yesterday....and since I have too much to do, I had to give the disc to one of my roommates to hide before I have enough done to allow myself to touch it again.
Romanticide  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beingmused wrote:
I don't understand how anyone can be a Final Fantasy fan without having played FFIV. Even if you do the DS edition (tougher) or the GBA version (more end game content), it is absolutely mandatory to understand the first big leap forward in Final Fantasy-ing, and some of the best characters.

I have both of those. FFI is on my Wii because it came out on Virtual Console recently. I have FFIV and Chrono Trigger on PS1. I can't remember the name of that collection and I'm feeling lazy.

I haven't beat them, though, and I probably won't until I get through FFX/Persona 4.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINALLY
buttfaceninja  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent news. This comes out right before my birthday, so march will be most excellent for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 1 of 23

Jump to: