ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Final Fantasy thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slot machines for over two hours, still no fragment. whoever decided putting a fragment here was a good idea needs to play the slots for fucking hours straight not winning jack shit and see how fun it is.

Only fragment I have left too D:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubuh wrote:
Slot machines for over two hours, still no fragment. whoever decided putting a fragment here was a good idea needs to play the slots for fucking hours straight not winning jack shit and see how fun it is.

I think someone did. I think a tester did this for hours upon hours and instead of reporting, "Hey, lets make this not so god damn long to do.", they were like "IF I HAD TO SIT THROUGH THIS TORMENT, EVERYONE MUST SUFFER THE SAME!" and then ran screaming from the offices and is currently at large in a nearby forest lol
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
Kubuh wrote:

I think someone did. I think a tester did this for hours upon hours and instead of reporting, "Hey, lets make this not so god damn long to do.", they were like "IF I HAD TO SIT THROUGH THIS TORMENT, EVERYONE MUST SUFFER THE SAME!" and then ran screaming from the offices and is currently at large in a nearby forest lol

I have literally almost 3000 spins, still no goddamn fucking fragment -__-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Scientist wrote:
Bought the game on February 2nd and I've only been able to play 1 hour, on like last Wednesday or something. Friggin school word, I wish it wasn't so demanding, I really want to throw in a few more hours of gameplay, because right now I've just unlocked the Crystarium, lol...

I feel ya. I think I only have ~5-6 hours into the game since it was released, and I'm sad.

Quote:
I might be the only one, but was anyone else glad to see Hope grow up to be more of a man instead of the whiny bitch that he was in the first one?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 fucking hours of slot machines and I'm finally done. Never touching that fucking thing again.

Will finish up my last two trophies tomorrow and then tame everything and possibly level everything up, will see what happens.

I totally called the secret ending too >__> (yay me!)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Haven't done much chocobo racing either

If you had, you wouldn't be complaining about the coins achievement. One season of racing with a maxed Silver chocobo + betting on yourself is enough to get it, but you still do need to do the slots for the fragment so...

Anyway, i also have the 1000 in around the same time, about 75 hours (evidenced by the fact that we both seem to be online and playing at exactly the same times :p) and i'm pretty conflicted with the game.

I've had fun playing it, the soundtrack is really good in places, the art direction is better than XIII even though the actual graphics have been toned down a little, Mog was amazing, Caius is a badass, but so many things bug me....

1. The lack of any real challenge, either in the main story or in the form of superbosses. It's way too easy to plow through the game, COM/COM/COM takes out 90% of battles before Haste wears off, i was consistently taking down the bosses in 20% of the target time and all of the superbosses have fallen before me before i even began to max the system. The lack of a hard mode after completion is dumb too.

2. The mechanics are extremely imbalanced and in many places broken. The designers don't seem to understand that this is a game where DPS matters and not pure damage. Evidenced by so many things, the fact that so many "nothing" monsters have super short attack animations that allow them to dump 5 actions on an enemy in no time at all, making their damage output far superior to any of the rare and hard to obtain monsters, the fact that Serah is better at dealing damage that Noel in EVERY role because Noel's attack animations are so slow, the fact that you have to "upgrade" ATB+50% weapons into weapons that lose that ability in exchange for more raw power (and therefore lose DPS) etc.

Also, the slightest understanding of the Crystarium makes you extremely overpowered, as i mentioned earlier i was breezing through the game and at no point was grinding. I was actually running from a large portion of battles to avoid being overlevelled, still didn't work.

3. The time travel. I'm not going to criticise some of the nonsense logic that the plot used, but rather time travel as a gameplay mechanic. It's non-existant. The only times you had to travel through time to progress were simple fetch and carry quests where the fact that you were travelling through time was completely irrelevant. Time travel opens up so many cool possibilities for puzzles and cause and effect sequences that to use none just seems baffling.

4. The most important one of all, the ending. Even if this game was perfect up until this point, i could not in good conscience praise a game that ends the way this does. Probably the only positive of this ending is that it completely tips Caius over the edge into fabulous villain since it explains his motivations aren't quite as lame as first thought. That's all i'll say to avoid spoilers.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XIII-2 getting Sazh DLC!! I never really liked him, but good to see more characters from the game returning!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took them long enough to release that bikini outfit >__>

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/02/16/square-reveals-latest-ffxiii-2-dlc-details.aspx

Quote:
Sazh: Heads or Tails? will be available February 28 on the Xbox Live Marketplace and PSN. It adds a story that runs parallel to the main game, starring FFXIII's Chocobo-loving Sazh. It also adds a pair of new card games and the option of adding Sazh to the party. It'll set you back 400 Microsoft Points/$4.99.

Fashion mavens can also dress up Noel and Serah in new clothes via separate DLC that's coming out the same day. Noel sports a special Spacetime Guardian outfit, and Serah inexplicably puts on her bathing suit during her quest. Why not? Both outfits can be yours for 240 Microsoft Points/$2.99.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, Fan Service Serah outfits!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else think the first Caius fight (on Oerba) is stupid fucking difficult on normal difficulty? I know that I'm supposed to burn him on the first stagger, but I just don't have enough DPS for it. On top of that, I can't find a Sentinel monster to tank for me, so I have to have Noel do it most of the time, and have a crappy Medic monster to assist me. I just can't kill him, and I can't out-sustain him because of that heal spell he uses.

D: I don't want to grind levels.

I must have made the mistake of doing the following:
1) In the Crystarium I leveled up purely Ravager for Serah
2) :: I leveled up mostly Commando and like 10 to Sentinel for Noel.
3) My only monster I've leveled up is a Medic; so my SAB and COM are weak, and I have no SEN monster.

ZZZZ....

Pls, does this website still exist? Such nostalgia, such wow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Vindications Wii Friend Code: 468266225949
Sottle  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you kinda screwed up, haha.

Do either Noel/Serah have Wound & Poison as a SAB?

I would go away and catch a Pulsework Soldier/Knight to level up as SEN, they're pretty cheap to level up and pretty easy to find. Soldiers are on New Bodhum 003, Knights in Bresha Ruins 005, seem to appear more for me in the tunnels.

You should have more than enough materials by now to raise a Knight to their Lv. Cap (20), if you don't have enough vitality materials, use some potents or buy more.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
meister  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zX1337Xz wrote:
Anyone else think the first Caius fight (on Oerba) is stupid fucking difficult on normal difficulty? I know that I'm supposed to burn him on the first stagger, but I just don't have enough DPS for it. On top of that, I can't find a Sentinel monster to tank for me, so I have to have Noel do it most of the time, and have a crappy Medic monster to assist me. I just can't kill him, and I can't out-sustain him because of that heal spell he uses.

D: I don't want to grind levels.

I must have made the mistake of doing the following:
1) In the Crystarium I leveled up purely Ravager for Serah
2) :: I leveled up mostly Commando and like 10 to Sentinel for Noel.
3) My only monster I've leveled up is a Medic; so my SAB and COM are weak, and I have no SEN monster.

ZZZZ....

I never used a sentinel until I was already post-game, but that's what I did in FFXIII too, so you should be fine without that. In XIII-2 I didn't ever have to grind for any fights, but I did look online and see that it was best to do rav or com on just the large nodes so that probably helped.

Sottle wrote:

Do either Noel/Serah have Wound & Poison as a SAB?

I am pretty sure both Noel and Serah have poison and wound as a saboteur, but I only had Noel as the leader when I used a sab so I don't know about Serah. Those two attacks helped me a bunch against the undying cie'th and Caius later in the paradox endings.

I will be getting the Sazh DLC, costumes are a waste of money

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!

Last edited by meister on Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
Sottle  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know they get them, i was asking if he had them yet.

meister  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished the game with the platinum trophy, and for me the worst achievement was riding on the chocobo for a long time >_> At least with the slot machines I didn't have to watch to make sure I was running into a wall. It took a long time for me to get the trophy even though I had on the fragment skill to speed up the game.

And now that I finished XIII-2, I thought I would play XIII a bit. I still need 5 million more gil to have enough to upgrade every weapon That'll be a little over 30 platinum ingots, with a 25% chance to get one, meaning about 130 adamantoise fights even at 3 minutes per fight (counting loading screens) that would be almost 7 hours

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meister wrote:
And now that I finished XIII-2, I thought I would play XIII a bit. I still need 5 million more gil to have enough to upgrade every weapon That'll be a little over 30 platinum ingots, with a 25% chance to get one, meaning about 130 adamantoise fights even at 3 minutes per fight (counting loading screens) that would be almost 7 hours
If 5 million is about all you need, then you probably have more than enough accessories and weapons to sell off to make up the remaining 5 mill. That's how I finished off the game when I had about 15 accessories remaining. So long as you've had possession of each individual weapon and accessory at some point in time during the course of the savefile the game is happy to give you the achievement/trophy once you've talked to the lil robot fella.
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 22 of 23

Jump to: