ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
[GH3PC] My fretboard randomly lags. Help?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
solusdelgar1  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: [GH3PC] My fretboard randomly lags. Help? Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96hZZZzPif8

I made a video of it. Here is the video description:

Quote:
Yeah, for some reason my fretboard just randomly lags every once in a while causing me to miss.
LOOK AT 0:21-0:23 FOR AN EXAMPLE OF LAG.

My game runs even smoother then this normally but Fraps slowed it down. Anyone know why this happens?
I have vsync forced off and all the GFX turned off. I've tryed closing everything and running GH3 at the lowest rez but it still does it.
It just doesn't make sense as it runs at 150-250 FPS constantly with Fraps off...

(I'm on a laptop but it's plugged in)
(GeForce 8400M GS is my graphics card)
(Intel Centrino Duo Processor)

Yeah, I dunno why this is happening. Hopefully someone knows how to fix it. If you need any more info just ask.

RB3?
TTFAF 928k(OLD)
XBL GT: Final Blud420SH
My Twitter Account!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Final Blud420SH
skylerinman  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like your laptop cant handle Fraps and your game at once,
no way to fix that cause your processor cant handle it.

probably will have to use a camera to record, cause Fraps isnt gonna happen.
And try this
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44851
dclapp wrote:
Fork1 wrote:
I quit. This team is Deadhead6391s now.
you quit? so no more hacking YT accounts then?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: skylerinmanSH
solusdelgar1  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already tried everything in your link.
The problem isn't Fraps because it happens without ANYTHING else running. I just made a video to show the problem.

RB3?
TTFAF 928k(OLD)
My Twitter Account!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Final Blud420SH
inimitable  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After looking up some benchmarks on that card and assuming your RAM is equally sad, I will have to agree with the suggestion that your laptop just isn't good enough. GH3PC is a poorly optimized port that makes even some mid-range desktops struggle.

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
solusdelgar1  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2gbs of RAM and a centrino duo processor. One would think the game would run consistently bad if it was my computer and not just mess up every 10 seconds. I guess I'm screwed...

RB3?
TTFAF 928k(OLD)
My Twitter Account!
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar issue but it's not random. Whenever I start a song (or a section in practice, which SUCKS SO MUCH OH MY GOD), initially the fretboard lags badly (it seems to slow way down, then speed up to the "correct" speed after a couple seconds).

It makes using practice mode almost completely impossible, and a few songs that have a very quick start (e.g. Salieri Strikes Back) very hard to start. :\

System is a 2.2GHz Core2 Duo, 2GB RAM, and a GeForce 8600M GS on Vista Home Premium. I don't think performance is the issue, as I have the crowd and band disabled, but I'm not really sure. :\

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
Auriscope  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tagrineth wrote:
I have a similar issue but it's not random. Whenever I start a song (or a section in practice, which SUCKS SO MUCH OH MY GOD), initially the fretboard lags badly (it seems to slow way down, then speed up to the "correct" speed after a couple seconds).

It makes using practice mode almost completely impossible, and a few songs that have a very quick start (e.g. Salieri Strikes Back) very hard to start. :\

System is a 2.2GHz Core2 Duo, 2GB RAM, and a GeForce 8600M GS on Vista Home Premium. I don't think performance is the issue, as I have the crowd and band disabled, but I'm not really sure. :\

I have this problem too. :x I've noticed it tends to be slow for the first measure, but it's still just a crapshoot. I run over 200 FPS normally, but this initial slowdown i always present.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your using ReadyBoost, remove the drive, or disable Readyboost. My computer lags on the freaking NET because of readyboost !!! FeedBack and GH do this too !! Thats the advise i can give to ya there.
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuardianDemon wrote:
If your using ReadyBoost, remove the drive, or disable Readyboost. My computer lags on the freaking NET because of readyboost !!! FeedBack and GH do this too !! Thats the advise i can give to ya there.

Nope, no ReadyBoost. Nothing open in the background, first measure lags.

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
XxS0ULK1NGxX  

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys u need to turn the flames off for one two u can always buy bigger RAM and buy a bigger processer and run the game through 3d anylize download it then open it then click select then type gh3 or ghx and one of the 2 should pop up select it the check off the following "force SW TnL, disable lighting, emulate HW TnL caps, emulate pixel shader caps, KYRO zbuffer/stencil fix, VOODOO flicker fix, skip pixel shader version 1.1, skip pixel shader version 1.4, force low precision pixel shader, save shaders to (shaders.out), performance mode, force 16 bit zbuffer (without stencil), and counter to get ur exact fps not the gh3 pc fps in the custom menu hope this helps.......... oh yeah one more thing if ur using a lap top then always keep ur charger plugged in i noticed it also reduces some lag in the game later...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: