ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The ScoreHero Wiki
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarZero132  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheThirdDay wrote:
EDIT: I also thought it would be a good idea to put links to guitar tabs on the songs' main pages. Anyone agree?

Example (Six's page)

Apparently Sully doesn't

Also, how come you can't link to articles when they're in a table? Like on the Rock Band Track Volume 1 page, when I try to link to the songs, it messes up and doesn't link. It just shows [[song_RB_allthesmallthings All The Small Things]] (I know I'm linking it correctly, I'm fairly sure the table's messing it up).
footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, capitalization matters. You pretty much have to copy the link from the URL to get it right every time. This brings up another suggestion I have. I don't think any regular users have the ability to do so, but if a mod could make each song automatically redirect to that song's page (and a buffer page in between for songs in multiple games) that would be really awesome. That way people won't have to specifically link each song every time which will end up getting very tedious. And if regular users do have the ability to add automatic redirecting pages, how can that be done?
CleverTangent  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheThirdDay wrote:
EDIT: I also thought it would be a good idea to put links to guitar tabs on the songs' main pages. Anyone agree?

Example (Six's page)

-Sully just deleted it, so I guess not.

Not a good idea, in my opinion. Song lyrics and tabs are usually considered to be copyrighted, and putting them on the wiki has the potential to put ScoreHero in legal danger. (Not significant danger, granted, but it's a risk we don't have to take.)

Besides, it's the mods' call on this, and Sully's response is a pretty strong "nay".
irishfan3124  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about links to tabs from www.ultimate-guitar.com? They are user created tabs, not copyrighted tabs. At least, that's what they try to enfore
Sully  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're currently discussing some basic do's and dont's.

For right now:

Don't create any user pages titled "SHusername." Users will have to set up their "User_SHusername" pages and decide whether or not to allow others to edit them. Duplicate pages are unnecessary- if HellAshes wants to set up his page in such a way that his accomplishments are listed, then so be it. We don't need a "HellAshes" page listing his accomplishments one way or the other.

Don't add lyrics/tabs/random information to song pages. We're working out what is acceptable there and an announcement will come Soooooooooooon (tm).

Edit: Lyrics may be appropriate content for RB and GHWT songs, but wait for an official decision.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
GuitarZero132  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballtom3685 wrote:
Nope, capitalization matters. You pretty much have to copy the link from the URL to get it right every time.

Just tried that, and I still can't get it to work I guess I'll just leave someone else to figure it out, because I sure as hell can't.

/me approves of your idea
TheHipHopRocker  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is unbelivably awsome JCirri. Thanks a hell of a lot for this!!!!!

If a man says something, and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: RejectWoW
Buckethead142  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Awesome Reply with quote

ITs a awesome project

congratulations to the SH stuff
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleverTangent wrote:
Song lyrics and tabs are usually considered to be copyrighted, and putting them on the wiki has the potential to put ScoreHero in legal danger. (Not significant danger, granted, but it's a risk we don't have to take.)

That was my first thought when Sully removed it. Totally reasonable. If anyone wants the tabs, they could just google 'em anyway.

irishfan3124 wrote:
how about links to tabs from www.ultimate-guitar.com? They are user created tabs, not copyrighted tabs. At least, that's what they try to enfore

That's mainly where I was getting 'em from (Except the tab for Six, I got that From KillrBuckeye.).
ajanata  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully wrote:
Edit: Lyrics may be appropriate content for RB and GHWT songs, but wait for an official decision.

IANAM (moderator), but I don't think explicit lyrics are required at all on any of the songs -- they're already in the vocal charts, which have already been decided on being acceptable because the vocals pages link ... to the ... drum ... charts. And it looks like the drums pages link to no charts. Whoops.

Anyway, my first point is something I think you should consider in this decision.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, could we get a link sometime in our profile or at the bottom of our posts next to 'Profile' for our wiki page? Thanks, this is really great. =]

Edit: The formatting rules button in the edit area tries to open up /User_FormattingRules

Last edited by Eastwinn on Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
CleverTangent  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to do a redirect in WikkaWiki markup? Redirects would be a very easy solution to acronym soup (TTFAF, RaBl would redirect to Through the Fire and Flames, Raining Blood without seam articles).

Also, does WikkaWiki use pure-Wiki deletion ([url=http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Pure_wiki_deletion_system_(proposal)]description[/url], or is deletion based on a hierarchy (i.e. mod deletion)?
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or does it seem a little odd that you have to contribute money to edit? I'm certainly not against contributing to SH and I've planned to for a while now, but holding my editing privileges in a wiki (which, according to Wikipedia, is supposed to be free for anyone to edit by nature) hostage, seems a little...ironic? I guess if I have to, I have to, but I was planning on contributing out of my own free will, not because I need it to edit the wiki.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Mike65707  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to contribute money..just prove a few cutoffs if you don't want to donate. It's the points that upgrade the wiki, not the money.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
bodom0015  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Graciously Documenting the Documentation of Your Future Arthritis

I lmao'd, did you?

Anyways, fantastic idea , wiki looks amazing and has incredible potential.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: