ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S17 - Guitar Hero: World Tour - Expert Guitar - Congrats elScarecrow!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THABEAST721 wrote:
So I think I've got this extended sustain glitch figured out after finding some old threads talking about it. I was wondering though if anyone could tell me if they work the same way with hammer ons in extended sustains, and how does the glitch affect ones that are in a starpower phrase? Like if I perform the glitch, will I still get the full amount of whammy?

Also, this game is so frustrating to not drop ticks in. I don't drop ticks in GH2, and the sustains seem to end the same on here as they do on there. Oh well I guess I will get that figured out soon.

The glitch works the same whether it's hammer ons or not. Though it's pretty tough to pull off on those RBY sustains for example, or even a quick RY hopo sustain when there's another sustain right after. Take DWEDFN for example, there's a million of those quick little sustains. I ended up missing nearly 10k in points attempting to glitch them, it's actually better to not drop at all for those.

Anyway for sp extended sustains in general if you can successfully pull off the glitch you will get the same amount of sp as you normally would. I THINK there are some cases where you can get a tiny bit extra, not entirely sure how that works. Only situation where you would want to avoid glitching is if there is, say a long R sustain with a short Y sustain in the middle, which ends before the R sustain would end. Normally you would get points from dropping the R for the Y, but if it's sp, you'll lose out on a lot for that.
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newuser1234 wrote:
im not sure if im vastly underestimating the song but it seems like pull me under really isnt that difficult...i would even go as far as saying i could fc it with a decent guitar. but assassin i'll never fc because of the strumming. idk i suck
The strumming in assassin is easy, its those stupid hopo transitions in the strumming that keep pissing me off.
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
newuser1234 wrote:
im not sure if im vastly underestimating the song but it seems like pull me under really isnt that difficult...i would even go as far as saying i could fc it with a decent guitar. but assassin i'll never fc because of the strumming. idk i suck
The strumming in assassin is easy, its those stupid hopo transitions in the strumming that keep pissing me off.

have you tried strumming straight through them? it seemed reliable for me as long as i played it early. i only gave the songs 1 run each but that ending strumming is out of the question for me

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THABEAST721 wrote:
Also, this game is so frustrating to not drop ticks in. I don't drop ticks in GH2, and the sustains seem to end the same on here as they do on there. Oh well I guess I will get that figured out soon.

Indeed frustrating. If you didn't know, sustains last their exact length past the moment you hit them, rather than past their charted position. That means that sustains end early if you hit them early. It's quite visible, and if you drop early (though not too early), you don't lose any ticks. Doing this on purpose feels awkward, but it's pretty apparent that a good strategy is to hit sustains early, in general. When there are many sustains in a row, what you need to do is to hit the first sustain early, the next sustain a little later and so on. I'm not used to doing this and something like 10 different sustains in a row sound like it would basically be impossible.

There are some things that I don't know quite how they work. What if we have two of the same sustain in a row? Can you "reset" things by hitting the second sustain early? I would assume so, but when playing GH5 a long time ago it appeared to not work. Or it looked strange visually. I don't really remember.

I'm also not sure when extended sustains end depending on how late/early you hit each note in them. I'm guessing it might be determined by the earliest sustain hit while not already holding another sustain. That just seems the most in line with the glitch, which only works if you drop the last sustain before hitting the next.
singemfrc wrote:
newuser1234 wrote:

I just keep strumming through those, pretending they're not HOPOs. Works nicely for me.
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bj0rn wrote:
Indeed frustrating. If you didn't know, sustains last their exact length past the moment you hit them, rather than past their charted position. That means that sustains end early if you hit them early. It's quite visible, and if you drop early (though not too early), you don't lose any ticks. Doing this on purpose feels awkward, but it's pretty apparent that a good strategy is to hit sustains early, in general. When there are many sustains in a row, what you need to do is to hit the first sustain early, the next sustain a little later and so on. I'm not used to doing this and something like 10 different sustains in a row sound like it would basically be impossible.

There are some things that I don't know quite how they work. What if we have two of the same sustain in a row? Can you "reset" things by hitting the second sustain early? I would assume so, but when playing GH5 a long time ago it appeared to not work. Or it looked strange visually. I don't really remember.

I'm also not sure when extended sustains end depending on how late/early you hit each note in them. I'm guessing it might be determined by the earliest sustain hit while not already holding another sustain. That just seems the most in line with the glitch, which only works if you drop the last sustain before hitting the next.
I've observed that if you hit a sustain early, the sustain will drop but by a lesser magnitude than how early you hit it. Same goes for hitting it late; it will last later but to a lesser magnitude than how late you hit it. I have found that to actually be really useful during long strings of sustains, in that you can keep hitting sustains late to the same extent, and as long as you're careful about fretting, you keep every tick.

If two consecutive similar sustains are hit late and early successively, I'm pretty sure the same rules apply, but if anything, I think the magnitude is lessened even more. I don't think much of the weirdness of GH5 there happens in GHWT.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know whether I'll be playing or not, some things kind of changed in my life yesterday that shook me up quite a bit. I'll see what I feel like doing tomorrow and act on that.

elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i havent played in too long, i'm having all kinds of problems holding ticks on assassin
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bj0rn wrote:
THABEAST721 wrote:

singemfrc wrote:
newuser1234 wrote:

I just keep strumming through those, pretending they're not HOPOs. Works nicely for me.

Hmm this explains so much. No wonder I would randomly drop ticks in the very beginning of Pull Me Under even though I was doing it just like I would on any other game.

singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newuser1234 wrote:
singemfrc wrote:
newuser1234 wrote:

have you tried strumming straight through them? it seemed reliable for me as long as i played it early. i only gave the songs 1 run each but that ending strumming is out of the question for me
Thats generally the first go-to for those things but in some songs it doesn't work so nice, it wasnt working last night...my calibration wasnt really dialed in though so that was part of the problem.
Fr0z3nD3m1s3  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got my copy of GH:WT back, but now I realize that I have to go through and get Pull Me Under. Crap, I wanted to get everything done tonight and catch up on my sleep for finals. But, I guess sleep is for the weak. Going to play for the next all night possibly.
karkid26  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, leagues have definitely helped me so far. 13 FCs since the start of the week, all on this game. It's too much o_O

Also singem is correct, the HOPO transitions are far harder than the end strumming. No guarantee of hitting them either in the same run, though - I can't strum at quite that speed.
367/660 XGuitar FCs
YouTube account

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: karkid26
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elScarecrow wrote:
i havent played in too long, i'm having all kinds of problems holding ticks on assassin

there are ticks in assassin O_O?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newuser1234 wrote:
elScarecrow wrote:

there are ticks in assassin O_O?
Yeah I'm a little lost there. Holding ticks = not overstrummimg the last note?

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the hopo transitions in Assassin, I just strum the first one that is a hopo, and use the rest as hopos. This allows me to kind of have a feel for them, and after they are over, your downstrum will be with the beat if you didn't let go of the strum bar.

PowerM3tal  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My method for Assassin's hopo sections is to play them like normal hammer-ons, then down strum the next two non-HOPO notes to fall back on beat.

The end strumming is piss-easy if you accent the strums on fret changes, which are all down strums.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: powerm3tal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

Jump to: