ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH3CP Save not converting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LanHikariDS  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject: GH3CP Save not converting Reply with quote

I just followed Acai's video for getting all the DLCs for Guitar Hero 3 using Guitar Hero 3 Control Panel, then used it to convert my GH3 save to the new format (Following the text tutorial). However, whenever I start the game, it tells me my save is corrupted. Even if I let it delete my save file in-game and convert it again, it tells me the same thing upon rebooting the game. I spent the last two days playing through most of the Story, I'd really hate to lose all that. What are my options?

EDIT: I recorded me trying to convert the save at various intervals, trying various different things and getting slightly different results, but all of them saying the save is corrupted: https://youtu.be/3fOTxfEUhYQ

Last edited by LanHikariDS on Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total
nonisen  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: GH3CP Save not converting Reply with quote

LanHikariDS wrote:
I just followed Acai's video for getting all the DLCs for Guitar Hero 3 using Guitar Hero 3 Control Panel, then used it to convert my GH3 save to the new format (Following the text tutorial). However, whenever I start the game, it tells me my save is corrupted. Even if I let it delete my save file in-game and convert it again, it tells me the same thing upon rebooting the game. I spent the last two days playing through most of the Story, I'd really hate to lose all that. What are my options?

Then don't click delete. Just click continue without saving, then go to the settings menu and select save/load and then click load save. That will reload your save. But if you deleted it, it's gone. The promt that says your save is corrupt is a bug caused by GHTCP. It doesn't actually ever go corrupt.
LanHikariDS  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmmm, nope. Manualling loading still gives out a corrupt content error.
nonisen  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LanHikariDS wrote:
Mmmmmm, nope. Manualling loading still gives out a corrupt content error.

Oh it's not the save then. It's the content you added that got corrupted. You did something wrong.
You should redo it and follow the instructions again.
LanHikariDS  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give that a try, but when I delete the save/content as it asks, all the songs are still present on the list, and upon restarting, doesn't give me an error.

EDIT: Still does it, even after I redownloaded Plumato's Download.sgh

EDIT 2: Even tried another sgh file, still does the same thing
LanHikariDS  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump? It's been four months, and it still refuses to work

EDIT: Added video to OP of me installing the SGH and converting my save, as well as loading it through the menu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: