ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
2019 Server Migration!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just posting to see page 2

edit: that was weird. thread showed a there was a page 2 but it ended empty, as if there wasnt any post in it

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that too and was wondering about it. I'll look into that if it recurs.

Also I'm now confident I know the issue regarding certain users having trouble. As another update that I forgot to mention in the OP, the new server now supports IPv6 addresses. However, there are parts of the database and code that still require updates for everything to work (including posting to the forums).

I'll be making some updates in the next day or so which should resolve this issue. Alternatively in the meantime, if users really want to access a broken feature and have the option of disabling their IPv6 interface and using IPv4, that should do the trick as well. If both are available, the site will automatically choose IPv6.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is beautiful the amount of time and dedication you guys (especially JC) are putting into this site. Here's to another decade of this!

S4VN01  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot edit my accomplishments thread on the RB side. Keeps saying I dont have permission to access posting.php on the server
I don't know about you guys, but I as a player of video games - and therefore a musician - am certainly enamoured of the prospect of, next time I begin to play Horrible Night, sitting down with a wide grin on my face as I rub my hands together in glee and shout out to the world "I know your secret! You're in a deceptive time signature!" before failing to hit any notes at all because the song is still balls-out hard.

My Youtube! My Youtube for GD:RB! My Twitter!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: S4VN01
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people come across 403 Forbidden errors (usually when trying to post), try again later in the day or the next day. I know what's causing the issues and am making passes through logs and fixing them as they come up. Over time once the server configuration has evolved enough, these errors should be eliminated.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I noticed...

In my accomplishments thread, I have links to different parts of the post using the a tag in HTML. HTML is not disabled.

It use to work like this. First, I would have links to different sections of FC's:
Code:

<a href="#OD">On-Disc FC's</a>
<a href="#DLC">DLC FC's</a>
<a href="#NO">Songs I haven't FC'ed</a>

And then at the spot it is supposed to link to, I would have this:
Code:

<a name="OD"></a>
<a name="DLC"></a>
<a name="NO"></a>

This way it was easy to travel to my On Disc FCs, DLC FC's, or songs I have not FCed in a way where you don't have to scroll. I even had one to go back to the top of the page.

Anyway, they are not working now . Any time I use:
Code:
<a name="OD"></a>

it gets modified to this upon submission:
Code:
<a></a>

Is there a way to fix this?

Link to thread: https://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18728
I don't know about you guys, but I as a player of video games - and therefore a musician - am certainly enamoured of the prospect of, next time I begin to play Horrible Night, sitting down with a wide grin on my face as I rub my hands together in glee and shout out to the world "I know your secret! You're in a deceptive time signature!" before failing to hit any notes at all because the song is still balls-out hard.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: S4VN01
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2003041 says he can't post new message but he can edit old post.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
2003041 says he can't post new message but he can edit old post.
JCirri wrote:
If people come across 403 Forbidden errors (usually when trying to post), try again later in the day or the next day. I know what's causing the issues and am making passes through logs and fixing them as they come up. Over time once the server configuration has evolved enough, these errors should be eliminated.

JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's two separate issues going on:
  1. The 403 Forbidden errors, which should be virtually eliminated and very rare at this point.
  2. Support for IPv6 addresses.

I suspect the issue regarding 2003041 is that he's using an IPv6 address, in which case posting to the forums is still broken (and it makes sense that he'd still be able to edit existing posts). It's not a simple fix but I have a plan and should have time to implement it tomorrow.

In the meantime, glad to report that I was able to fix the following issue regarding HTML anchor links:

S4VN01 wrote:
Any time I use:
Code:
<a name="OD"></a>

it gets modified to this upon submission:
Code:
<a></a>

Is there a way to fix this?

Link to thread: https://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18728

Let me know if you still have any trouble with those, S4VN01.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have suggested disabling IPv6 on the unofficial Discord for anyone who ends up stumbling there. Things have so far been fine for me on an IPv4 connection.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I don't have the ability to test over IPv6 myself, but believe that I've addressed and fixed the relevant issues involved.

Feel free to pass along word to other users to try posting again, and I'll keep an eye on logs for any problems that still exist.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Test?

EDIT: finally im free

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
Alright, I don't have the ability to test over IPv6 myself, but believe that I've addressed and fixed the relevant issues involved.

Feel free to pass along word to other users to try posting again, and I'll keep an eye on logs for any problems that still exist.

WOOOOOOOOO. Big thanks for the hard work with this migration and apologies if I seemed like a pest.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
S4VN01  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:

In the meantime, glad to report that I was able to fix the following issue regarding HTML anchor links:

Let me know if you still have any trouble with those, S4VN01.

Damn, that was fast haha. I can confirm they are working again. Thanks!!

conlan22  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am now able to post again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: