Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
this1neguy (I still exist.)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: this1neguy (I still exist.) Reply with quote

Selected Banners

12/4/2010
A year after 4000 and I now have 5000. Didn't think it was going to happen; I thought I was done with this site, really. Anyhow, see latest post.

12/5/2010

So I was playing this last night and had a 100% overstrum on the second to last note before the bridge, then had a -2 on a stupid spot in the beginning of the solo. Decided to try again today and, after FCing the solo a couple times in practice, nabbed this on my first try in a real run today. I guess this makes breaking my cheap Xbox headset (now I'm stuck using my Trittons, oh darn) worth it? <_<

I had a 4000th post link here. Oh well.

So, since GH6 comes out and I'm definitely going to be playing that, I decided to play a little GH5 tonight to get back into the swing of things. FCed a couple of songs in a row ...

No big deal, first try playing in forever, didn't know the path, etc.

Errrr...wat. I haven't played this song in a few weeks because I was iffy on the solo so I didn't try hard to FC it last time I played, but I figured "why the hell not?" and went for it. First try. What. The. Hell.

I've also FCed two other things in the past month just idly playing, no paths: 2 Minutes to Midnight and Sultans of Swing because it's an incredible song. Also, couple great runs on mudvayne's Salieri Strikes Back customs and a bunch of Scatterbrain Groove C one-handed FCs >_>

1/30/2010
I wanted to get a somewhat decent video of this up, so here it is. List of stupid mistakes that could have led to this being at least 700k:

-Overstrum before the Post Insanity SP fill
-Miss in the Post Insanity II fill
-Missed the Cold Winter Morning SP phrase
-Missed in the second activation
-Miss in the triplets at the end of Blackest Waves
-Wrecked the triplets leading into SFAI
-Missed both SP phrases in Bridge 1
-Missed before the chords in Red Dawn II
-Missed in the Bridge II trill
-Missed the ending of Bridge II
-Missed at the end of Synth Death
-Overstrums in Grinding Scales I
-Missed the Solo Fill I SP phrase
-Didn't activate in Herman's Solo and proceeded to nearly FC it
-Missed the easy trill at the beginning of Sam's Solo
-Missed assorted easy bits in Twin Solo
-Missed the ascending scales in SFAIII and nearly failed as a result
-Overstrum in the Rampaging Dragons mid fill
-Missed the last orange in You Rock!!

I was surprised this was such a good score, really.

Also, Number of the Beast 666ns, 590k or so, I'm waiting on improvements on that.

TWIE -9, FCed the solos, just need a little more endurance

FCPREMIX miss in the two note chord section of Aggro, FCed the rest of the song, grr.

Holiday in Cambodia sucks.

-1 in Bridge of Before I Forget

Roger Federer wins the Australian Open.

1/28-1/30/2010
Fcs and 3000th, see this post.

1/11/2010
This is up there with the best single days of GH I've ever had O_O I wanted to do work, but I didn't realize it would be on this level. Let's dive in.

First was this baby. I've been working on this FC for some time, but had never managed to get Solo 3 down. I decided to just tap the oranges in the trill, I was fairly inconsistent but eventually hit it twice in a row. Took it into a real run, and boom! FC. I lost a bunch of points on the last activation; although I got above UB by one tick on the first activation, I missed ticks on the second and whole notes on the third Ah well. FC #55, pretty awesome, I can't be too unhappy.

This was probably my most overdue FC at this point. There's really nothing all that hard in it, I'd just never put in the time to FC it. I messed up a LOT for some reason, the verse double strums with hammerons were kinda tough for me. Didn't choke after Verse II, though. I really, really hate this SP path, it's one of the more awkward in the game. I learned everything except the location of the second to last activation, which absolutely killed me; I activated WAY too early and lost I think three sets of triplets under SP. I hate activating in the middle of sustains. FC #56, at any rate, this will get reduxed along with a bunch of old stuff fairly soon.

HOLY. FUCK. zsj is going to hate me for the following line: Third try. In MONTHS. Oh, and my first try of the day? Overstrum at the very end of Breakneck Desperado, 100%. *BOGGLES* I was left speechless by the ease with which I got this. I guess I was just ON for strumming today, I improved my Heroes of Our Time and Revolution Deathsquad scores a lot because I was really consistent with the strumming in those, which is why I got this as well as my last FC today. I don't get it at all. Um, as for SP, I got all of the activations right except for the second one; I forgot to activate on the blue stream, so I lost some points and a chord. Oh well. Fucking crazy FC #57.

At this point my day became ludicrous. I stuck the camera on, figuring that eventually I'd get it, and got it my first try after doing so. (Video will be up when YouTube finishes its maintenance.) I don't even understand how I was so consistent with it; I FCed the full solo like three or four times today between practice and three real runs. Solo! is so easy for me now I don't even practice it, I use essentially zsj's method but I don't tap the GR trill at the beginning. Uh, yeah. FC #58 O_o

Last FC for the day, and second strummy FC. I took Solo 2 into practice for a REALLY long time, figuring out how many strums there were everywhere and whatnot. Eventually I got it down, took it into a real run with the camera on, missed. Went back to practice it later, kept getting the strummy part FC, went for another real run, and FCed the song. I dunno, lol, I guess I just don't choke except for a couple of songs out there. FC #59, FC #5 on the day. Uh. Yeah. What the hell, self.

Other stuff - Improved my FCPREMIX score a bunch, if I can ever figure out the speed of the end of Bridge I should be able to FC this. I'm consistent on Mosh Solo and End Lead now. I proved that I CANNOT hit Holiday in Cambodia's intro; the strumming pattern was beyond me all day. Still can't even come close to hitting the end of Before I Forget Bridge, it's just weird for me. Cliffs of Dover was my mortal enemy for the day; I missed at the end of One Last Solo early in the day and then couldn't even get back to it. By the end of an hour of trying to get it as FC #60, I gave up; I couldn't even hit Intro Solo B at that point. Number of the Beast - if I can figure out the weirdness that leads into the zigzag at the end of Solo1, the FC is mine. I improved my scores on Take This Life and The Way It Ends; if I can get more consistent I can FC both of them, the strumming in TWIE still tires me out though. Didn't even try to improve One, Raining Blood, TTFAF, or Story of My Life. I'd really like to get up around 64 FCs before getting SoML >_>

So that ends this epic day. Oh, and aside from all that, I even got my homework done. Haha. Great times.

01/08/2010

First FC of 2010!

I had a snow day today, so after sleeping in, having some fun with some friends, and then just hanging out, I decided to put in GH3 to try to get a new FC. I wanted to make a video of something I hadn't FCed yet, so I gave Cliffs of Dover a shot - I couldn't consistently FC ISB - then tried Cult of Personality - I FCed Solo! easily and only had one miss in Start/Keep Soloing! but didn't really feel like playing it - so I came upon Black Sunshine. FCed Break Down!! a few times in practice, tried a real run with the camera on; missed after the first set of trills, kept playing, missed Break Down!!. So I went and played a run of TTFAF, got 608k (best score but only by a little over 1k, FCed You Rock!! one-handed for the first time, nearly FCed from Grinding Scales 1 to Solo Fill II), then decided to go back to Black Sunshine. Figured out a slightly more consistent method to it - I shift down to first position for the scale after the first two scales - and took it into a real run. I missed the first squeeze, restarted, missed it again, said "Screw it, I'm solid on Break Down!! right now" and kept going. As it turns out I can't squeeze this song >_> I activated early for Break Down!!, FCed it. I was damn nervous on the outro, because there's that quick and the end chords, but it was no worries; FCed the song. This is a really bad score; if I'd squeezed Break Down!! I probably could have had at least 290k or so because I missed I think 3 notes at the end of the activation. Oh well, I'll reFC it eventually. I want to get at the very least Cliffs of Dover, Rock You Like a Hurricane, and Cult of Personality before I make the long scroll upward for Story of My Life. Ideally I'd get those three plus Black Magic Woman and either Before I Forget (end of Bridge), Holiday in Cambodia (lolintro), My Curse (No idea), or FCPREMIX (Aggro Part) in order to get Story of My Life at FC #60 or later, we'll see how that turns out.

12/16/2009

...what.

What.

WHAT!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

That fucking happened. Wow. I have no words for this; I just decided to play it for the first time, thought it was pretty cool, was sure I would choke in ... is it 2B, I guess ... after hitting the chimneys, then FCed it. So confused right now, plus this'll take forever to redux. Oh well.

12/15/2009
GHSH ROCKS! I was really impressed. The version of Mother (except for the stupid tapping part that makes solo 2 a lot harder) is really fun, as is Godzilla...oh, and ANBAGT...speaking of...

Really bad SP since it was a sightread sans-path but I'm really happy. I get a feeling that reduxing this will be a ... well, not a bitch; I've got 99 problems but a bitch isn't one of THOSE, but...difficult nonetheless. Still, I'm gonna finish my sightreads as soon as is possible and see what happens.

12/8/2009
One day late birthday presents are cool too.

Took me three real runs: First and second were both -1 at the same part. Third time's the charm, I guess. Practiced the hell out of Most Psychotic Breakdown Ever, figured out a really easy, solid method for the crazy chord changes, and boom! FC. I was shaking like a mother after the Fattest Double Kicks Ever part, because despite the fact that I rarely if ever miss the trill at the end of Indescribably Beautiful Solo I thought that I was sure to choke there I managed to tap it without SP activating by accident, and was strangely calm coming down to the end...got the FC my first run ever FCing the MPBE in a real run. As for SP...well, this is 1300ish away from optimal, and it says something about ScoreHero that on a song this hard that's not even top 200. I guess they're easy squeezes; I was three notes late on the first activation, but got 2 single notes extra on the backend; I was one note late on the second activation; one on the third but I got an extra note on the backend; and I only missed ticks on the last activation (mostly because I was freaking out). I don't understand how I missed 1300 points, actually; this should have been at most -800 from optimal. Oh well, now that I have the hard part down I can go back and redux it at some point. GH3X FC #53 And I'm still close on RYLAH, HiC, Cliffs of Dover (too awesome a song to use an acronym), Black Sunshine, and Cult of Personality.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Some Handy Links:

Last edited by this1neguy on Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:51 pm; edited 197 times in total
WildcatTennis  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought you were like amazing.

#1 fan for AWG!... I need a life.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: WildcatTennis
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I follow. I never claimed to be amazing...?
And besides, I don't get to play enough anymore. Not enough time spent on getting the perfect SP path and going for optimal FCs.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS SPACE AS AN ARCHIVE OF PAST STUFF

12/7/2009

So my friend and his girlfriend were over after school today, and I decided to play something that would impress her. Guess that was a good move. FCed the intro except for part of a scale, then Post Insanity I and the SP phrase after...It's strange, because none of my percentages were incredibly good, but I hit a great deal of the strumming and thus ended up with a solid score. I was really happy with this too because I managed to FC almost all of You Rock!! using my middle and ring fingers, since I've never learned to tap it; this prevented me from failing xD

12/6/2009
Decided to give myself a couple of one-day-early birthday presents.

After a couple of really bad misses at the end of the zigzag part of the solo, I got this. I think I missed the last squeeze and I know I missed 400 on the first activation and LOLTONS of points because I can't squeeze HOPOs, but really this was fairly decent - global top 100, at least.

HOLY. MOTHER. I NEVER thought I'd get this this early, I somehow figured out a way to strum the Phazers that was crazily consistent; I FCed them both twice in a row because of an overstrum the first run. Played it overly safe on the Phazer II activation - I tilted early so I could strum without worrying - as well as the last activation, but I really don't care. Knowing I can FC this means I can redux it without fear, right? Anyway, FC #52, and my sixth FC in the last four days. CRAZYYYYY

In other news, I can no longer hit Break Down! in Black Sunshine, still can't hit the intro of HiC or RYLAH solo 3, I'm crazy consistent on Intro Solo B of Cliffs of Dover, I'm consistent on everything but the end of the bridge in FCPREMIX... and my favorite, I FCed the Most Psychotic Breakdown Ever in Impulse, and then -1ed it in a real run. That FC is coming soon, along hopefully with some others.

12/4/2009
Decided to do work tonight.

This was pretty easy, just had to make sure to strum the outro correctly (I used the HOPOs when I FCed it, for the record). Not terrible but not great squeezing; I missed an easy couple of backends. Oh well.

This solo was a BITCH until I realized I could just downstrum it to the fast strumming, and once I figured out to start on a downstrum and end on an upstrum it got easy. Really good score; global 46th. I completely screwed up the solo activation because HOPO squeezing sucks and I missed the last backend because I was afraid to squeeze the frontend far enough. Whatever. 49th GH3X.

Kinda lame for a 50th FC if you ask me. I was working pretty solidly on Cult of Personality; got the full solo FC there but wasn't able to keep it down, so I didn't bother trying that in a real run. I can't hit Break Down!! anymore so Black Sunshine was out of the question. I missed in the solo of Monsters three times, got 450k twice with -2s. So I decided to go back to this, which I'd been working on before heading to dinner around 7. I missed the first trill thing in 1B really badly the first time before deciding to up to hyperspeed 5 and got the FC on the next run. Awful score; not even global top 200, because I can't squeeze any of the activations very well. Whatever. Fiftieth GH3X FC.

Summer sometime I think
Okay, so yesterday was possibly the best day I've ever had, starting around midnight with the Round and Round FC at the bottom of this update and ending with the 3's & 7's redux and the other stuff nearer the top. This was pretty incredible; I have this list vaguely ranked by how awesome I feel the achievement was.

YES YES YES MOTHERFUCKER YES! This was ridiculous. I was talking to Brock1563 on Live, bemoaning the fact that I couldn't hit any of the strumming consistently. Then I had a thought: Most of the top players on this song use hyperspeed 5. I'd been on HS 4, so I bumped it up a notch and immediately had this run. I hit all of Post Insanity/Rampaging Dragons except for the fills; FCed both Grinding Scales; FCed Solo Fill I except for the SP phrase; nearly FCed Herman's Solo and hit a bunch of Sam's Solo...This score would be higher, but I missed some easy SP in the verses so I missed two high-scoring activations. Still, it's a 5*, 2.877X, and I'm happy as a clam.

FC #42. Someone explain why I had absolutely zero trouble with it. Absolutely zero trouble as in, this was a first fucking try. I must just be awesome. xD

...random run was random. I'd never hit the entire solo thingie, but for some reason I hit it first try, then FCed the mini-trill and the rest of the song.

Random amazing run was random. I played this very casually, still chatting with Brock the entire run. I FCed a BUNCH of the solos, including Q (for the first time). I really wish this would have been 600k though.

Easy reFC was easy, didn't realized I missed almost 1000 but I actually hit both of the weird activations pretty well.

First try redux. Wow. Surprisingly easy now, although I came very close to choking on the first GRB of the end of the Swing Part.

...I'm in shock right now. I can't believe this happened so fast; I FCed the first time I made it past the first Bridge (with the stupid part). Thought I would choke, if not at the end Bridge, at least in the second solo with its LOLWUT random strums. Didn't happen. Oh, and maybe ten minutes before I did this:
Me on Facebook Chat wrote:
21:41 Aaron

Now to FC TWIE

Apparently I'm a better prognosticator than Prognostics.

Took two serious tries. The first time I FCed Aggro and then proceeded to choke in Mosh Solo, the second was this. Global 30th, and a right sexy FC if I do say so myself.

Holy shit. I was chatting on Facebook with matt (prognostics) and pat (skinnywhitecomic) when I turned on GH3. I played through the menus and whatnot, tried to decide what to play. Decided to play hard, Take This Life. To both of them I said "FCing TTL, brb". First try, FCed. BOOM FUCKING HEADSHOT. GH3H FC #64, and all the sweeter because I once thought I'd never FC it due to the verse strummed trills.

How did this happen so fucking fast?

Didn't whammy the solo SP because it's ridiculous, other than that I mostly just missed ticks and backends. FC #28!!! I'm gonna start grinding BiM next I think because I've hit ANBAGT solo C exactly fucking ONCE.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku

Last edited by this1neguy on Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump for some new 5stars and battle axe
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

this1neguy  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump for new FC's
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

this1neguy  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump for 360 acquisition
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

WildcatTennis  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stick with da PS2. it owns, and I like customs.

#1 fan for AWG!... I need a life.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: WildcatTennis
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking about making customs, but I like the controller, the DLC, and the fact that I can now get Halo, CoD4, and numerous other good games. My PS2 controllers are messed up so I can't really play much, although I use my other PS2 for Rock Band/everything else.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

this1neguy  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for One 5*. yeah, i'm the only person here. : /
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

this1neguy  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for TDWDTG stuff and EASY ACCOMPS O_o!
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

this1neguy  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump for new FCs.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

this1neguy  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump for new FC w/vid. Go check it out, as well as X360 easy scores lol!
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

this1neguy  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump Kool Thing FC. jeez this'll be 5 pages just of me bumping for FCs.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

KennedyKills  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on being able to play the song long enough to FC it

I had to FC it twice, and might even have to a 3rd time for more points lol

GH2>all
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 1 of 40

Jump to: