ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Major gh3 timing issues for ps3
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boojiboy  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Major gh3 timing issues for ps3 Reply with quote

Straight out of the package, notes do not match the music. I may as well play it on mute. Used the calibrate lag (to 110 ms) so that strumming matches the music, but now the notes are way off. Both of these options for playing the game suck. Has anyone else found this? Can anyone solve this?
Koushiro  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only problem on the ps3 is that the wireless guitar sometimes lags and causes me to miss 1 or 2... which peeves me off. -_-++
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Koushiro PSN Name: Koushiro ICQ Number
Devildude122  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea, my solution, get it for PS2

Crononaut  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koushiro wrote:
My only problem on the ps3 is that the wireless guitar sometimes lags and causes me to miss 1 or 2... which peeves me off. -_-++

Me too, and it's actually ruining the game for me, I wouldn't care if I was a casual player, but messing up on riffs you could do with your eyes closed on the GH2 system is sooo damn annoying.

vipergtsr7588  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calibrate lag

its not the game, its your TV most likely

the calibrate lag is in your game options, either from the menu or in-game pause screen options
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TsH1rTw1tHr1fLe
Boojiboy  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, as I said...I did the calibrate lag which allows me to strum to match the music, but the notes no longer hit at the right time. This is fine for songs I know well, but doesn't work for songs I am not familiar with.

It could be my TV, but I have no issues with any other games.

Also the backwards compatibility of the ps3 for Guitar Hero is a joke.
1) Can't use the ps3 Les Paul to play GH2 on the ps3.
2) Can't use my ps2 SG with adapter to play multiplayer on GH3
3) Can't play GH2 with my SG on the ps3 (strangely GH1 works)

In conclusion...I will be returning my ps3 version for a ps2 version tomorrow...assuming I can find a copy.
Slowrod  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the exact same timing issues with my PS3 Les Paul. It seems to be about a 1/4th of a second delay from the time you actually strum the note for it to register on the screen. You can manage the delay on songs on hard, but it's ridiculous to try and play most things on expert.

I've messed around with the calibration for lag, but all you're doing is throwing it off even more. I can get the music to match up with what you're strumming but then the notes are completely off. I don't have any problems with my PS2 GH2 Kramer on the same setup so I highly doubt if it's the TV.

It looks like this is a fairly widespread problem for the PS3 guitars. I really hope they have a fix on the way soon.
DontFret  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it does seem like everthing is harder than it should be on the ps3, timing is off and the guitar strums late, this game feels like a port
kballa422  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I thought I was just horrible, lol. I am having this same problem. I've 5 starred every expert song on GH2 except Six, Jordan, and Misirlou, and I am missing the easiest shit and barely 5 starring anything. It's like the notes and the music dont match up...if a rythem is like dun, dun, dun I will hear it after I play it.

this is on my friends ps3, and I plan on getting it for 360, is this just a ps3 problem, or a problem with the game, cuz Im almost thinking about not getting it for myself if it really is messed up like this.
Koushiro  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far noone has complained about the 360/other consoles guitar functioning incorrectly, so i'm guessing it's a ps3 issue. =/ *sigh* I feel like trading the ps3 one in for the 360 version tomorrow, xD.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Koushiro PSN Name: Koushiro ICQ Number
Slowrod  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, this is horribly frustrating. Someone mentioned on another forum that the batteries were just old, but swapping in a new set made no difference for my guitar. <Sigh> The only other system I have capable of playing it is a PS2 (old school one) and I'd really like to be able to keep the game on the PS3 for the online play.
Koushiro  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind what I said about other systems not being affected, I talked to several of my friends who bought it for the 360 and they say that their guitars' green fret button doesn't work well, so i'm guessing it's not just defective on the ps3 but also the 360. =/ Lol, looks like Activision has to re-make a ton of guitars if they want people to buy it without worrying about it not functioning correctly. =P After all, we DO want our 100 bucks worth, and not a half-@$$ed guitar that only responds for certain functions most of the time.... *sigh* I have nothing more to say..
xoxidine  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I was having this problem! I can't even purchase Guitar Hero 3 for PS3. Circuit City (where I work) we didn't get it today. It's not on our website, and none of our stores in the near by area carry it either. Walmart, Target, BestBuy and CompUSA don't have it either! What on earth is going on in my town?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: xoxidine PSN Name: xoxidine ICQ Number
Suspense  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have absolutely no problem with mine.

My friend has 360 and he thinks theres a lag but i can't see or feel one..

Of course he said that about the ps2 version to at my house.
slickpitt  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I calibrated lag to 25ms(Plasma tv) and don't have any problems... PS3... /shrug

Last edited by slickpitt on Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: