ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Long Island, NY - Sat 10/27 - SH get-together
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sk8er4ever714  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thetimegoesbby wrote:
how good are you all anyway?? i dont feel like looking you all up =p, too lazy

Uh, I don't know...I 5*'d Jordan the other day though and I have all 1000 acheivements in GH2..even though I glitched the Start A Real Band Already acheivement.

<-Old and way outdated scores, lol.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Sk8er4ever714 PSN Name: Sk8er-182 Wii Friend Code: 4407521356750541
Mazzocchi  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sk8er4ever714 wrote:
thetimegoesbby wrote:

Uh, I don't know...I 5*'d Jordan the other day though and I have all 1000 acheivements in GH2..even though I glitched the Start A Real Band Already acheivement.

Damn, I have all the Single Player achievements, but I don't have any co-op ones because nobody around me is good enough >_<

Are you coming by the way?

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mazzocchi PSN Name: Mazzocchi ICQ Number
Sk8er4ever714  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mazzocchi wrote:
Sk8er4ever714 wrote:
thetimegoesbby wrote:

Damn, I have all the Single Player achievements, but I don't have any co-op ones because nobody around me is good enough >_<

Are you coming by the way?

I'm still not sure, I'm gonna ask when one of my parents gets home. It's a big maybe though because my dad is picking up his new car tomorrow so my parents might need my car for stuff and Idk if I can get a ride but I'm gonna ask, I'll post here later saying whether I can or not. Oh and if I do get to go I'll get the Millionaire Pair acheivement for you if you want :P

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Sk8er4ever714 PSN Name: Sk8er-182 Wii Friend Code: 4407521356750541
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, I just saw this topic now, I usually just check the topics I post at because there is so much traffic on this website and there are new posts every minute.

I want to go. Going to see if I can make it on such short notice.
EDIT: Yeah, just found out my friend is going to a SSB:M tourney in the city tomorrow. :( Mazzocchi, you got work that day? Maybe you can give me a ride from the mall, I literally live right next to it.

I don't have an Xbox 360, I have the PS2 and all the Guitar Hero games on it; Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero: Rock the 80s.
I have the original Black SG which is in pretty bad shape, I will bring my the Red SG that came with Guitar Hero II. Not sure if we will even need it.

So just say the word if you want me to bring any of the games unless you have them. Since you were saying you have a compilation disk, was wondering if you have any custom songs? I've never played any and would love to give it a go. I don't have a DVD burner or else I would have done it long ago. I plan on getting a new computer soon but that is irrelevant.

Just hope there aren't too many people and too much sitting around and watching and not enough sitting around and playing.
I have PS2 component cables if you need too for the HDTV.
I need to run my red and white chords to a separate speaker system for the lag to disappear on my tv. Not sure what if there is a lag situation with your hdtv though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can bring the cables that would be great. I'm pretty sure that we're okay guitar and game wise, but bring your red sg just incase. It's no big deal if there's extra guitars. I have been meaning to ask John about possibly bringing another TV so we could have twice the action going on. I know I have a spare TV in the garage, but I have no way of explaining to my parents why I need to bring a 2nd TV to a party. Even if there are alot of people, it should still be pretty fun. We're all members of Scorehero, so we have alot to talk about otherwise. And since someone's bringing their video camera, we'll video tape some of the matches of the fun tourney, maybe even do a short intro vid where we kind of do a roll-call with everyone saying their SH names. Just ideas, really excited about tomorrow. I'll see y'all there .

Sk8er4ever714  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still a maybe for me for tomorrow, but it's looking good, but not definite. If I go, my girlfriend is coming too (she actually plays GH, and on expert too :P) And my friend Joe might be coming too. If I go I'm bringing my Xplorer and my custom GH, which only has a few songs. I think someone said they're bringing a modded PS2 so I don't need mine.

thetimegoesbby  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant go =\ i gotta do stuff tomorrow =\ next meet ill come tho, make it soon!! have fun tomorrow everyone =)
5 Star All 80s Songs (X)
FC All 80s Songs: Hard (23/30)
FC All GH2 Songs: Hard
Mazzocchi  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaximusDM wrote:
EDIT: Yeah, just found out my friend is going to a SSB:M tourney in the city tomorrow. Mazzocchi, you got work that day? Maybe you can give me a ride from the mall, I literally live right next to it.

Yeah I'll pick ya up, but it's gotta be before like noon or 1 because that's probably when people will start showing up. Maybe if Spartacus gets here early enough, me and him can take a ride
MaximusDM wrote:
I have the original Black SG which is in pretty bad shape, I will bring my the Red SG that came with Guitar Hero II. Not sure if we will even need it.

Yea, go ahead and bring it if you want
MaximusDM wrote:
Just hope there aren't too many people and too much sitting around and watching and not enough sitting around and playing.
I have PS2 component cables if you need too for the HDTV.
I need to run my red and white chords to a separate speaker system for the lag to disappear on my tv. Not sure what if there is a lag situation with your hdtv though.

Yeah, I hope there won't be THAT many people, but if there is, I could always break out my 12' TV that I play GH on in my room.

As for the component cables, you don't have to bring them because I already have everything set up. Thanks though

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mazzocchi PSN Name: Mazzocchi ICQ Number
IamSpartacus  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was fun. Eventhough there was only 5 people haha, I really enjoyed myself. We basically just played Mazz's Ultimate GH, a little bit of co-op on the 360, played some customs (WTF is up with Nottinghan Lace) and just hung out. A couple of fun parts of the day:

1) Beating Mazz by 110k on Hanger
2) Seeing Bobbeh destroy Misirlou better then I could ever do
3) Me and Maximus both FCing Fat Lip (he had 4k on me )
4) Seeing Bobbeh and StoneTemplePilot play battle mode on GH2 (they'll explain)

And basically just meeting everyone in general. All of em seem really cool, and I defenitly want to try to set up another one of these with us 5. More people would be awesome too, but for anything really high scale it would be best to just try something in the city. We didn't have enough people to do a tourney but we still had fun. I had to leave early because my parents were nervous, but I don't blame them. It is the net afterall.

Mazz should have some pics, and Bobbeh has a couple videos that he'll put up on sunday hopefully. To the other 4 that were there, post some afterthoughts to give others more insentive to come don't worry we don't rape...much .

Bobbeh  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, that was awesome.

I guess I'll follow IamSpartacus' example and post a list of the awesome things.

1) Watching Mazz raep everyone on Trippolette, and then have Maximus come in and just own him. .-.
2) Attempting to tackle someone about 50 lbs. heavier then me and a foot taller while playing TF on easy *The battle mode*
3) Impressing with Misirlou... AKA my only rapage song.
4) FCing the Thunderhorse solo, out of nowhere
5) Free pizza.
6)Beating Maximus in O: G&P since he was playing righty. (He's leftylol)
7) Meeting everyone

So yeah, that was made of awesome in general.
Alot of people didn't come though. To give you incentive to come though.
HOPEFULLY, we'll have another one in two weeks at my house. We'll have a 75% chance of having the GH3 demo. Then, once again, HOPEFULLY, we'll all go to another persons house with the FULL GH3 game, BEFOAR THE RELEASE DATE
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Bobbeh705
Bobbeh  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for double post, but PICTURESLOL.

Oh, they're all pretty blurry. But eh, they're viewable. =\

Extremely blurry group photo.

From left to right, Mitch (StoneTemplePilot), Me (Bobbeh), John (Mazzocchi), *top* Spartacus (Uh... Spartacus?), *bottom* Maximus (read: Maximus)

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r19/Oddjobbob705/P1011247.jpg
Mitch and Maximus

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r19/Oddjobbob705/P1011246.jpg
Spartacus

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r19/Oddjobbob705/P1011245.jpg
And Me. ;D

Mazzocchi deleted his picture. >. >
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Bobbeh705
Mazzocchi  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever took those pics was a real dumbass.

Oh well, blame my girlfriend for the group shot hahaha

bilrot  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too buzzed to take a decent picture?!?!? J/K

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously I couldn't make it, but yeah it seemed like fun. Anyways hopefully I can go to the one in 2 weeks or whatever and also I asked my parents today if I could do something like this over at my house sometime soon and they said yes so I'm gonna try and find a good date sometime in October over a weekend or something. I live in West Islip, just so everybody knows.

MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mazzocchi wrote:
Whoever took those pics was a real dumbass.

Oh well, blame my girlfriend for the group shot hahaha

Amanda would give you a power noogie if she read that. And I have to say she is quite the trooper for sitting around for hours on end watching random people play on plastic guitars and doing a food run and probably paying out of pocket unless Mazz gave her some money.

But 3 pizzas = 36 slices / 6 people = ????

Overall it was a very good experience. I think 5 people was more than enough to make it enjoyable. I think anymore it would have been a lot of downtime. Think you went a bit overboard to be honest to try to cater to strangers. I just feel kinda guilty getting stuff for free from people. I think it should be a bit more casual next time, I mean , I maybe only need 3 cans of soda tops, and a couple slices of pizza. Probably worth everyone throwing down 5 dollars and everyone goes home happy.

Good part about it is that it was a space that could pretty easily fit a good amount of people and a big sexy tv. Problem is that the tv lagged and no progressive scan so the image was pretty blurry. Customs were kinda meh. Some charts were really awesome and synced, others weren't. Maybe you can sort through the charts and just make a custom disk with all good charts. I'm sure that is a bitch though to find really good charts.

Everyone was pretty evenly matched, not too much star power memorization so it was kind of fair game for everyone. Except for StoneTemplePilot, I'd say he couldn't really match up to anyone there.
And Bobbeh owns strumming fast pretty hard whereas I suck very much at it.

Would be neat to get together when Guitar Hero III comes out, maybe it will have a better solution to laggy tvs than Guitar Hero II's lag calibration. Same thing with Rock Band I hope. Would be fun to play some Rock Band over there, seems like there is enough room for the drums and all.

I fear my room is going to be extremely cramped when I get Rock Band but I would welcome you guys to come by and play some songs if you ever wanted, just nothing too big because my room is pretty small.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: