ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Beliefs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
siavashinkttx  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geome wrote:
I believe that this thread will not end well.

Quote:
I'm atheist, but not blasphemer.
(Fixed your spelling =)

In any case, those two don't possibly go together. According to the Christian faith (which is where blasphemy has its origins), denouncing God is an act of blasphemy. Nice try, though.

What I meant by that was that I respect any religion, I even went to christian camps last year.
D3sr0ch3  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kap10 wrote:
I hate to sound pessimistic, but nine times out of ten an atheist will start an 'lol you believe in God' argument.

I myself have very secular beliefs, as the internet has showed me how little I care for any form of religion, be it atheism, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, or any of the other major religions. All I really see it doing for me is starting a bunch of arguments and I don't like arguing, I like debating. "Lol you believe in God!" and "Well then explain such-and-such a situation!" arguments don't do much for me.

I also believe that 90% of the internet is mentally challenged from some of the posts I read on this website (not hinting to you OP, this is an honest topic. )

Fixed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Re: Beliefs Reply with quote

siavashinkttx wrote:
Do you have any beliefs? They can religion, culture, or anything else.

I became a vegan last year after seeing a cow get struck on the road, then learning about it getting slaughtered on the news. I'm also an atheist.

Any other vegetarians or vegans out there?

Atheism For the Win

siavashinkttx wrote:
Toastloving wrote:
I believe in God and Jesus and The Bible, but I'm sure a lot of people do anyways. I'm not trying to flame you or invoke an argument, but would you feel different if the cow was humanely executed and used for food and other purposes?

Also, I'm not trying to backseat mod here or anything, but I hope this thread doesn't turn into a huge "This god is real, no this one is real, you're wrong, why don't you prove it!" kind of thing.

1. Even if the cow got drugs then killed, it would have no different outcome than the previous incident.
2. It won't

Are you some kind of psychic or something?
siavashinkttx  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm just a ninja But seriously, I will give a personal ass-whoopin on anyone who starts being racist,blaspheming, or putting gays down(JK)
FlimFlam  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N.T.F. wrote:
<=== vagitarian

Did you mean to mispell that?

\m/
ravagetalon  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rkcr wrote:
I am human; therefore I have beliefs.

I dare you to try to have no beliefs; the logical paradox will make your head explode.

Off topic- Rckr... what movie is that pic in your sig from?

on topic- I believe in God/jesus/etc. I also believe that we humans as a race are destined to destroy ourselves eventually. I also believe that Guitar Hero is something created by Heavenly forces as the greatest gift to mankind since sliced bread.(sorry I had to... )

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apathetic agnosticism (look it up!!) for the win, even though I was raised in the Catholic church. It's always fun to talk about the origins of the universe with my friends of varying beliefs but I prefer not to start the conversation myself. I've learned that dinner conversation should be kept to the weather and the local sports teams. Politics and religion create unnecessary arguments.
Maozilla  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazypianist1116 wrote:
Apathetic agnosticism (look it up!!) for the win, even though I was raised in the Catholic church. It's always fun to talk about the origins of the universe with my friends of varying beliefs but I prefer not to start the conversation myself. I've learned that dinner conversation should be kept to the weather and the local sports teams. Politics and religion create unnecessary arguments.

This man tried to convert me to apathetic agnosticism, the bastard. He's just as bad as those church people who come to my house occasionally on Sundays to talk to us about God in which my mom feels too polite to ask them to leave.

"We are Nihilists, we do not believe in anything."
"Can't a Nihilist also not believe in God?"
"I... do not know."
thecolonel  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this Girl in my class went all vegetarian for some reason......
then she was being annoying so to get her angry i eat twice as much meat as i usually do so that she doesn't make a difference to how many animals live.
shes pissed.
i dont care cause i think i might be a sociopath..... just kidding. lol(i diddnt really laugh casue i dont think anything is ever funny.)

anyway i am pretty much christian but i dont practice it(like go to church)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: the colonel11
rkcr  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maozilla wrote:
"We are Nihilists, we do not believe in anything."
"Can't a Nihilist also not believe in God?"
"I... do not know."

I've always held the opinion that atheists are actually more religious than agnostics, exactly along this line of reasoning. The conviction to completely disbelieve in the possibility of any religion (existing or to come), any higher power, etc. is, in my mind, just as much a leap of faith as being religious.

However, I think you're grievously over-simplifying Nihilism. That's hardly what a Nihilist believes. Besides, Nihilism isn't any sort of organized belief; I've always viewed it as a philosophical stance, and as such the details can vary from person to person.

ravagetalon wrote:
Off topic- Rckr... what movie is that pic in your sig from?

I actually have a rotating signature so it could be one of five pictures. Still, none of them are from movies.
mac081793  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Universe and everything within it is more than enough proof to let me know that there's a God. IMO
reincarnate  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rkcr wrote:

However, I think you're grievously over-simplifying Nihilism. That's hardly what a Nihilist believes. Besides, Nihilism isn't any sort of organized belief; I've always viewed it as a philosophical stance, and as such the details can vary from person to person.

This. I've always been a nihilist myself, my own style saying that "If you try to define a truth or universal meaning to life, you'll always be wrong". That being said, my other belief is that if god exists, he would be apathetic to the needs of humans, so it's pointless to try and prove he does/n't exist, because if they prove he does exist, everyone will pester him and he'll bend the universe to make it so that everyone forgets about it, and if we prove he doesn't exist, the fundies will disreguard it and everyone will ignore it so that they can live in their happy shelter of naivete.

Mah Customs!
๏̯͡๏﴿ރ
Click there
Romanticide  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazypianist1116 wrote:
Apathetic agnosticism (look it up!!) for the win

Agreed. I don't find it important to my everyday life and there's no evidence one way or the other. It all relies on faith. I think not being raised to believe anything has something to do with it too. I was never forced to go to church, read holy texts, etcetera. This is not to say I was raised atheist, it is to say I was never told what to believe one way or the other.

As for the other question, I'm not a vegetarian or vegan. I think I know all of one offline, and every third girl on certain sites says she's vegetarian/vegan. I often wonder if they are.
Cable89  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no doubts that there is a higher power. Otherwise, how could anything exist (if that makes any sense). Also, I think that the majority (or at least many) of the organized religions are just different ways of viewing the same thing.

I am NOT a vegetarian/vegan, and will never be. I gotta have my meat.

soundgarden  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm somewhere between deism and agnosticism. I used to be a fundie Christian but a combination of gaining some knowledge of science and making some observations of religious people and reasons for conversion, the void they filled with YHWH, etc. led me to see the light (or since I'm now an evil satanic nonbeliever would I be more correct saying I saw the darkness?). I don't really feel like going into more detail right now; I want to get at least some sleep tonight.

As for the other question, I'm basically a fucking carnivore. My diet consists largely of caffeine, meat, and junk food.

JOIN THE SH FACEBOOK GROUP

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 2 of 57

Jump to: