ShonSuperStar - Streaming!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShonSuperStar  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strykerx wrote:
Jayhero wrote:
XFreeBird wrote:
1. Just a question, what makes the 360 version harder to be FGFC'd?

2. Massive congratulations.

3. EPIC FC #74

XFreebird, as you may or may not know, there is a difference between the difficulty between the NTSC and the PAL. The strum limit shrinks the notes as the get closer on the NTSC version. That's on PS2.

ON Xbox 360, either version shrinks the notes.

There is no evidence whatsoever that all 360 versions "shrink" the notes. Stop it now.

Nice job Shon. Now the only song not FC'd on GH2360 is Trogdor on Hard, gogo Wait fuck don't, that's like my only first left

I don't know what you guys mean when you say "shrink", but the strum limit in 360 is DEFINITELY lower than PS2 on PAL (So i'm guessing it would be pretty much the same as the NTSC versions, although I can't prove that)

GesterX - "This has got to be one of Wales' top 5 accomplishments of all time. "
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Shon Super Star
ace5993  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShonSuperStar wrote:
Strykerx wrote:
Jayhero wrote:
XFreeBird wrote:
1. Just a question, what makes the 360 version harder to be FGFC'd?

2. Massive congratulations.

3. EPIC FC #74

XFreebird, as you may or may not know, there is a difference between the difficulty between the NTSC and the PAL. The strum limit shrinks the notes as the get closer on the NTSC version. That's on PS2.

ON Xbox 360, either version shrinks the notes.

There is no evidence whatsoever that all 360 versions "shrink" the notes. Stop it now.

Nice job Shon. Now the only song not FC'd on GH2360 is Trogdor on Hard, gogo Wait fuck don't, that's like my only first left

I don't know what you guys mean when you say "shrink", but the strum limit in 360 is DEFINITELY lower than PS2 on PAL (So i'm guessing it would be pretty much the same as the NTSC versions, although I can't prove that)

Is there any proof at all that the 360 version is harder than PS2? From what I've heard, all this is based on people saying that they find the 360 version more difficult, but have YOU tried both? Try FC'ing Trogdor on PS2 PAL and see if it's any easier. If you can indeed FC it much more easily than you can on the 360, I will concede and say that the 360 is harder, but until then, I will consider PS2 PAL and 360 PAL the same.

That being said, FC'ing GH2 is an absolutely amazing accomplishment no matter what. Great job
Strykerx  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, you still can't compare the systems because the guitars are different. Read: The SG is superior to any guitar on the 360 in every way. So we can't go by what people "think" no matter how you look at it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strykerx wrote:

There's no evidence of the entire strum limit, really. It's just what people come to believe after play testing. If you've never played both, you have no right to decide. If you have, and still believe they are identical, so be it. Other people have tested both versions and said them to be different.
Prong1978  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strykerx wrote:
Honestly, you still can't compare the systems because the guitars are different. Read: The SG is superior to any guitar on the 360 in every way. So we can't go by what people "think" no matter how you look at it.

I STRONGLY disagree with that.

Congrats SuperShon! When I made this, I never though someone would earn it:

OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strykerx wrote:

Well not for me. I like the strum bar on the Les Paul better, and it works for me better than the SG one. So if that's true then the strumming should be easier for me on 360 then on PS2 right?

Nope. GH2 on 360 is the hardest for me to do anything involving strumming on. For me it's an obvious difference when you play the two. Songs like Six and Misirlou are just plain harder.

Oh and wtf FGFC. That's just ridiculous.

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
Strykerx  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strykerx wrote:

Heh, I just noticed some irony in this post that makes me look like a douche.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strykerx wrote:
Strykerx wrote:

Heh, I just noticed some irony in this post that makes me look like a douche.

LOL, I had to read that like, ten times to find the irony. /not perceptive
4mercafella20  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic last fc... Congrats man.. How many fgfcs is that now? And wat game do you think you'll fgfc next?
GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got this....nice to see this done.

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tehdeath  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow you must be really good
ShonSuperStar  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have played on a PS2 and it is much easier on a PS2 in my opinion, I nearly FC'ed Six on my friends PS2 years ago (when I sucked) that is what I base my conclusion on.

I also assume that PAL 360 is identical to NTSC PS2 and 360 because they all run in 60hz (PAL PS2 runs in 50hz) But I can't prove that because I haven't played NTSC

This is pretty much why I was so excited with the Trogdor FC, I wouldn't have thought it TOO big a deal if I believed I had accomplished it on the "easier format"

And no GH1 or 80s because I do not have a working PS2 at this moment, and am unlikely to get one

I should be able to get Metallica once I got all the paths sorted out.

Smash Hits I wont get, due to TTFAF (Well, actually due to slider notes)

GesterX - "This has got to be one of Wales' top 5 accomplishments of all time. "
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Shon Super Star
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shon, warning: your sig is a little too big.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
Pas26  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShonSuperStar wrote:

I should be able to get Metallica once I got all the paths sorted out.

If you have any problems with paths, just ask (The right path for One is the one Jugular made on pathhero.

There IS a strum limit on GH2 360 (At least NTSC). Try to fail a song by strumming 20 NPS, then try again while strumming 14-15 NPS. You will fail much faster by strumming at 14-15 NPS. Also, very quick down-up strum motion won't work if they are done at very high speed (You will miss the second note).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can thank me for adding this in the Interesting Info About GH wiki:

Code:
ShonSuperStar was the first to FC GH2 (360) on Expert.

You can also ask me or Pas26 for GHM paths of course. And if you mind, you may try asking XxBuTcHa22xX for his Disposable Heroes path, but I'm pretty sure he won't respond.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 14 of 38

Jump to: