ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Scorehero on decline?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mimming wrote:
And this is why they should have shitloads of more games up for score tracking on this site, and not just as a one day joke to try and piss us off (Final Fantasy 13 aprils fools)

Seriously, they'd get so many new members and much more hits if they made this site a site to have scores for a wide range of games, and not just guitar hero

Yeah, turning this into the current gen equivalent to Twin Galaxies would actually be a great idea.
GesterX  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As others have said it's because it's Summer so more people are stumbling out into the sun rather than sitting in the dark making coloured blobs disappear.

This place will be much more alive once RB3 and GH6 come out. I mean these two games are going to be MASSIVE! RB3 is basically 2 years in the making and will bring loads of new features and innovation that we all expect from HMX! And GH6... as much as people knock NS/Activision, I'm confident it will be great. Less games out this year means more focus. And now that more is expected from each release than just a bunch of new songs I'm sure they'll surprise many with some cool new features and a great setlist.

I really see this round of games (GH6/RB3) as both companies real test. You just need to look at the FIFA/Madden/NBA Franchises. Between 98-2001 simply refreshing the team rosters was enough to get good reviews and make big bucks. Then people got bored and innovation was needed in the form of new game modes, new community features, etc.
Davers  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little birdie told me GH6 will have a ton of stuff people have wanted for a long time in it...........

So yeah, once both of those games come out, SH will pick back up
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, i think you mean Swan Song for NS. But yeah, this is perharps their biggest event since GH3/RB1. Not to degrade the releases in between, but that seems like a good enough comparison.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
thespike  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's just me but I swear I see threads like this every year around this time (and plenty of other times through the year). E3 is soon, that should give us more to talk about.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
MrYumYum  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I don't know why I still come back to SH. I pretty much only play GH/RB on a casual level and not competitive anymore. Like many asked before, what if we reach a point in the community where there are people that are too good at this game? Well, I think we've reached that point to be honest. I used to play on a competitive level with the community, but fact of the matter is, I couldn't keep up. People were FC'ing song giants with ease while I still struggled to get over 700k on TTFaF. There's just not enough people in each tier of ability, and people are probably discouraged when they see "TTFAF -1" in the accomplishments thread. Also, 4 years of GH is enough to play it dry for me. General, Music, and Other Gaming Discussion Boards are more active because they're more broad, but they still decline as there will only be 4-5 active threads as opposed to 9-15 active threads per board back in the Golden Age.

An example of how SH is declining per person is that I might totally forget about this post tomorrow and fail to check for replies because that's just how it is with SH and I right now.

Edit:
thespike wrote:
Maybe it's just me but I swear I see threads like this every year around this time (and plenty of other times through the year). E3 is soon, that should give us more to talk about.

While, hopefully, this may/will be true, I don't think this will happen. Truth being that GH/RB aren't as fun and original as they used to be in my opinion. I just think that the majority of the people feel this way towards the rhythm gaming scene. There's only so much you can do with these franchises. I mean DJ Hero was a success, but it's not necessarily as popular. Although, the game is young, it's just not creative enough to spark up the interests of a mass amount of players. For example, if "Keyboard Hero" were to be announced, how many of you would think that this was the most creative idea of this era in gaming?

<3 robbyx4595 for sex banner
Add me on XBL if you wish, just leave SH name in message.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrLeeChang16
RadioDuke  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GesterX wrote:
As others have said it's because it's Summer

Lol what? Spring just started a month ago.

If you are on Scorehero, put this in your sig. Let's see how many people on ScoreHero are on Scorehero!
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RadioDuke wrote:
GesterX wrote:

Some places already have summer weather.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
Davers  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. It's already hit 80 degrees in Louisiana a few times. It stays in the 70s usually for now. But it's nice enough to go outside and enjoy the weather. When you are couped up for 3 months, it feels nice to get out and about and enjoy your day

Staying behind your desk/tv/video game 24 hrs just isn't healthy and I think 95% of the people here on SH now that and spend their time doing other things as well. lol
StXDragonSword  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny ruined the series.........lol

but nah I'm still alive and kicking and honestly I can never wait for the next rhythm game I don't know been playing since GH2 and still am strongly kicking and playing almost non stop......guess its just something I love to do or maybe having a real instrument on the side just fuels me more to have fun on a plastic instrument who the F knows. But I don't think I will ever get bored of rhythm games till they make real instruments then I'll just be annoyed lol.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: xIAx Dragon PSN Name: xiaxdragon
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StXDragonSword wrote:
Danny ruined the series.........lol

In a way he did. He demolished the incredibly hard songs and ended up eliminating the competition from them. What would normally take probably like a few months for an ordinary awesome player would take Danny a day, if that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pretty much agree with all that Hailz said

about Danny demolishing and stuff, i'd like to see him demolishing vox hahahahaha

I had noticed already that SH wasn't as active as it used to be in the gh3 times, but ah well, there are still people in here, and believe it or not, but i aaaaalways find something new to go for, in every game I've never been so "into SH" before (and i've been here for almost 3 years now =O). Of course the scores being on the xbl on the newest game makes that people don't always submit scores here, but ah well...

Decline of activity =/= death.
GesterX  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpenYourEyes wrote:
RadioDuke wrote:
GesterX wrote:

Some places already have summer weather.

Don't know if you guys keep up woth the British weather but from October to about mid-March the temperature hasn't really got above 3 or 4 degrees celsius. The last few weeks it's been 15-20 degrees celsius. It FEELS like Summer!

Also you can't really blame Danny. Sure he FCs things fast but most stuff will be FCed by Danny in the first week of release then someone else in the next few days.
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
A little birdie told me GH6 will have a ton of stuff people have wanted for a long time in it..........

And on that note, my hopes for Expert+ Guitar returns.
Hafkie  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GesterX wrote:

Also you can't really blame Danny. Sure he FCs things fast but most stuff will be FCed by Danny in the first week of release then someone else in the next few days.

Exactly. Danny always seems to be brought up in these "rise and fall" discussions, and quite frankly, I don't think he's all that important. Every video game those players out there that want to be the first to tackle the developer's biggest challenges. Sure, there are always going to be people who want to play for the first FC, but there is always more to do than just getting the first expert guitar FC. If failing to meet one goal is enough to drive you away from a community, then that is pretty upsetting. There is just so much one to 4/6 person(s) can do.

Guitar Hero and Rock Band became popular because they brought so much life and energy to parties. You could compete with your friends, play alongside your friends, at the same time, listen to great music. We are just hitting the age where the novelty is wearing off. People aren't throwing big GH/RB parties like they used to. That's not to say we'll be seeing thousands of instruments in the dumpster. I think it means that people aren't going to want to buy new games or content, as they won't be playing the games as much, so their old content will be just fine.

I can almost compare this to Pokemon. While I am more of a die hard fan, and I keep playing the new games, I have plenty of friends who I grew up with that just never had any other game than Red, Blue, or Yellow. Every now and then, they rediscover it and go back to it. They don't want a new adventure, they just want to play the ones they love for old times sake. And just like Pokemon series, we are still going to see new games for the people who do want more. Guitar Hero and Rock Band aren't going to die, or atleast not any time soon.

And of course, we are in a game dry-season right now. The forums always light up when a new game is released.

Granted, it's too early for me to make a post like this, but I think I made my point.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: