SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
NBA Thread: Playoff Time!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tschubauer  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeXBird wrote:

Also, nice, but the cavs never gave lebron anything to work with. mo williams and a washed-up shaq? how could they possibly expect to beat both the celtics' big 4 and the lakers in the postseason? They had every opportunity to give him a great number 2 guy but didn't and now they pay for that. Sorry, cleveland fans.
mdizzy  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southparkhero wrote:
I think the whole thing was overblown to the extreme and everyone needs to shut the fuck up about it. Including you, SportsCenter.

Having a 1 hour show for you to say a sentence? Seriously?

Amen, I'm so goddamn sick of hearing about this garbage, so much hype and ego...one of the many reasons I don't follow the NBA anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tschubauer wrote:
FreeXBird wrote:

Also, nice, but the cavs never gave lebron anything to work with. mo williams and a washed-up shaq? how could they possibly expect to beat both the celtics' big 4 and the lakers in the postseason? They had every opportunity to give him a great number 2 guy but didn't and now they pay for that. Sorry, cleveland fans.
Antwan Jamison.
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 people don't win a series
muna  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO HEAT

I am one of the biggest heat fans you will find. I have had season tickets for the last 5 years and been watching almost every game for longer. I have gone to every home playoff game since 2005 including the NBA finals in 2006 and I couldn't be happier. Chris Bosh, Dwayne Wade, and LeBron James from the best trio I have seen in sports ever. I see a championship in my team's future.

By the way, Dan Gilbert's letter has cause me to hate the Cavs more than any other team. I feel sorry for the fans, but I want Dan Gilbert to be proven wrong. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03jB11SLdnc

FreeXBird wrote:

But 3 players (you probably forgot Chris Bosh) do. It's been proven. Look at the Celtics. They acquired the big 3 in Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and Kevin Garnett. The Heat's "Three Kings" are better than the Celtic's Big 3 and look at the Celtics this year in the NBA finals. Having 3 super-elite players also grants opportunities for the other 9 players to shine. You can't double team a man without leaving another open. Look at Rajon Rondo. He was called "The Point Guard who Can't Shoot". Once 3 great players were put around him to remove some defensive pressure, he developed into a great player. Now, some even call them the Celtic's Big 4. I also trust Pat Riley. If he put this together, then I am sure he can find 9 other great players. Mike Miller is already probably going to sign with the Heat to bring in a good shooter. The Heat have an absolutely outstanding foundation. Even if what is built on top of it isn't as strong as other teams, the great foundation will help them stand tall and win.

Last edited by muna on Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total
bdawg95  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeXBird wrote:

Ask the Lakers this last year. Who else actually played really well? Pau and Artest, and neither on the same day.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bwakaflocka
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of the Lakers, Derek Fisher is now going to visit with Pat Riley tomorrow to visit the Heat. They also signed Mike Miller(or at least came to some agreement), but I don't see how they could make a deal for Fisher. Apparently James and Bosh agreed to 6 year, $110.1 million deals, and Wade signed a 6 year, $107.6 deal. That seems to be about $5 million more cap space for them than if they all signed max contracts. Miller's a solid 3 point shooter and decent defender, and if they get Fisher too...then I would be very worried.

EDIT: I know they traded away Michael Beasley, clearing up some $5 million in cap space, but that space seems to have all gone towards signing Miller. So that should leave the Heat with about...$8.5 million in cap space, I think($6.5 million left from non-max contracts by the big 3, plus a $2 million cap raise). If they do get Fisher, then they REEEEEEEALLY won't have any bench lol.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
tschubauer  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 people don't win a series. 2 people plus role players and accessory pieces win a series (kobe+gasol+a ton of role players, etc... duncan+tony parker... u get the picture. and washed up antawn jamison added after the fact, or a ninety year old shaq doesn't count as a solid number two. jordan had pippen, kobe had shaq in his prime and gasol. lebron had...mo williams.
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muna wrote:
FreeXBird wrote:

But 3 players (you probably forgot Chris Bosh) etc.

I was referring to 9001

bdawg95 wrote:
Ask the Lakers this last year. Who else actually played really well? Pau and Artest, and neither on the same day.

i know nothing about the Lakers, but i'm sure the rest of their team is better than Cleveland
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Heat shouldn't be talking to Fisher. They need a solid big man who can stop Dwight Howard under the basket. Even though Bosh is good, he is half Howard's size, and he would just dunk on them all day. Unless these three are just way too good and dominate everything ever, which could happen, they will have some serious trouble with the Magic without a true big man.
82erkle  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdizzy wrote:
Southparkhero wrote:
I think the whole thing was overblown to the extreme and everyone needs to shut the fuck up about it. Including you, SportsCenter.

Having a 1 hour show for you to say a sentence? Seriously?

Amen, I'm so goddamn sick of hearing about this garbage, so much hype and ego...one of the many reasons I don't follow the NBA anymore.

When I heard about this, I honestly died a little inside. This makes every other player in the NBA look like a piece of shit when they decide to sign with another team, even though Lebron is a God. I'm sure this is just making his ego bigger and bigger. It's pitiful.

Personally though, I think the Heat are gonna be a powerhouse for the next like 7 years. With Bosh, Wade, and James together, they'll be very hard to beat.

EDIT: Muna:
James, Wade, Bosh<Aikman, Irvin, Smith. I think Troy Aikman, Michael Irvin, and Emmit Smith in my opinion formed the greatest sports trio of all time. But that's just my opinion.

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
retop56  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bdawg95 wrote:
fUNC wrote:
dspoonrt wrote:
We were the best team in the NBA and should've at least made the finals.

This was never the case in the seven years LeBron was on the team.

Agreed. The Celtics/Lakers prove that you just can't have one great player. You either have to have 3 damn good players or a great one and a damn good one. LeBron could never win by himself and they were never the best team.

I do hope that the Heat kick the Lakers ass, because I fucking hate the Lakers and Kobe. That little jackass.

You can't win a championship with 3. A couple days ago on ESPN radio Colin Cowherd made a good point about the skill level in the NBA currently. To be a championship contender you need 5-6 SOLID players. Look at the Lakers for example, they bring Lamar Odom OFF OF THE BENCH. They have Gasol, Kobe, Artest, Fisher, and Bynum starting for them which is an amazing lineup on their own, but when you look at their bench it just shows you why the Lakers won. Same goes for the Celtics. Their starting lineup is BEAST, but they also have a solid bench to come in and step up, which is why the Lakers had a hard time against them. (TBH later in the series I thought the Lakers were going to lose and I'm a Laker fan) That's why I think that LeBron going to the Heat is a bad choice. They are very restricted as far as their cap space is concerned to fill up their roster, and I think it'll take them 2-3 years before they win a championship. Bulls would've been a better choice basketball-wise. (Note: I am not a Bulls fan, I <3 the Lakers but I'm looking at it from an unbiased POV)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeXBird wrote:

Jordan and Pippen would like a word with you.
Magic and Kareem would like a word also.
As would Hakeem and Drexler.
Kobe and Shaq are on line 4.

Get where I'm going with this?
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIGp51 wrote:
FreeXBird wrote:

Jordan and Pippen would like a word with you.
Magic and Kareem would like a word also.
As would Hakeem and Drexler.
Kobe and Shaq are on line 4.

Get where I'm going with this?

so was every other player on their team horrible like the cavs? (arguably Mo and Antawn weren't, but still)
googleimage  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem isn't that a team is getting stacked - the problem is that team-stacking kills the competitive balance of the NBA. Basketball is the only sport where 3 top notch players can go to the same team, and their opponents will no longer stand a chance. In other sports, you still get the feeling that anything can happen on any given night.

Even the Yankees, Phillies and Red Sox lose 40% of their games. Same goes for the Pittsburgh Penguins, Chicago Blackhawks, and Detroit Red Wings - hell, the Wings looked like they might not even make the playoffs for a while this year. Barring injury, chances are there are going to be more than a few games against Miami where the opposing team may as well not have shown up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

Jump to: