ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
SH Six Flags get-together
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jed  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't do rollercoasters. With all my headache/equilibrium and stomach problems, things would get very bad. I don't particularly like them anyway, I'm not into the whole amusement park thing. >_>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Jedlyn
Kachie  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigE wrote:

kachie....the chiller (batman and robin) is a sweet ride...you just have to physically PRESS and keep your head to the back of your seat or you'll get a massive headache.

I know that, and I tried very hard. . . but the stupid thing kept tossing me side to side anyway. And even if I had to wait only 30 minutes, a 30 second ride sucks. I prefer the old batman ride: longer ride+ no headaches + no line= time well spent

"I'm a loner dottie, a rebel, you don't want to get mixed up with a guy like me. . . "

JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it would be best if we did this before August 10th.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
BigE  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kachie wrote:
BigE wrote:

kachie....the chiller (batman and robin) is a sweet ride...you just have to physically PRESS and keep your head to the back of your seat or you'll get a massive headache.

I know that, and I tried very hard. . . but the stupid thing kept tossing me side to side anyway. And even if I had to wait only 30 minutes, a 30 second ride sucks. I prefer the old batman ride: longer ride+ no headaches + no line= time well spent

true, old batman is awesome...i once rode it 8 times in a row...no one was there, so they just let me stay on

My Sig Was Apparently Too Large.
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really into roller coasters, but I'll see if I can go. No guarentees as I will be most likely moving in the summer, probably to Ohio.
DemonixX  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I CAN DEFINITELY COME! I LIVE IN CT AND I'D LOVE TO DRIVE DOWN AND DOUBLE STRUM SOME ROLLER COASTERS WITH YOU GUYS! D8<

(The definite is a bit tentative)
Matt  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make it a weekend event and I'm in.
TheRidGE  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in.

I had a season pass for the three years before last, and the following are a few suggestions:

Obviously, get there early, and try to get on the popular rides during prime eating times (lunch, dinner). Eat breakfast before you get there and bring cooler-friendly stuff to eat at the car, they have a hand stamp for re-entry. Be sure to get your hand stamped.

If you plan on going more than once in a season, get a season pass. They offer early openings on Fridays for season passholders, the year Kingda Ka came out, I was able to ride it three times before the park opened.

1) The All-American Scream Machine (nearly) NEVER has a line anymore. Wait for the front seat, which may take 3-4 trains to go through. If you've never been in the front seat before, you'll understand why people wait for it afterwards.

2) Kingda Ka is really not worth a wait of more than an hour, unless you get a kick out of saying "I rode the tallest, fastest rollercoaster in the world". Otherwise, try getting on very early or very late.

3) Superman the ride is worth at least one ride. They turn you on your stomach and you go through the ride like that. If you don't mind waiting, also worth a front seat ride.

4) DO NOT GO ON VIPER UNLESS YOU WANT TO PURPOSELY GIVE YOURSELF A HEADACHE. Viper stinks. It should be torn down (if it hasn't been already)

5) Nitro is completely worth the wait. Especially for the front seat. Every time I go, I still go on Nitro.

6)B&R is not worth it. Batman is never open, and Robin stinks.

Medusa, Rolling Thunder, and Skull Mountain aren't anything special, but also worth the ride if the line isn't long.

And I have yet to go on El Toro, but I plan to.

And if you missed it before, I'm totally in, just give me an exact date to take off work.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: the oRidGEinal Wii Friend Code: 4504280527441862
Spoon333  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate you all.......and i hate the fact that i live so damn far away too!!!

Honestly i have to drive 4+ hours to get to any amusement park besides dollywood and thats still 3 1/2....and after 27 or so trips that gets REALLY old.

but anyway back to the trip....I've wanted to go to that 6 flags ever since kingda ka came out.....but a 12+ hour drive???? how come all you northeasterners (sp?) get to have all the fun?!?!?!

I'm all about full comboing some roller coasters with you guys too!!! Ahhh who knows....maybe i can talk some friends into going and sharing some of the driving responsibilities.

Oh and speakin of headaches on rollercoasters.....you should ride Son Of Beast at Kings Island in Ohio. My 20 year old g/f cried on that ride it hurt so bad.....me and one other guy were the only people out of a group of 30 that would get back on it
Cyclone  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoon, i'm not exactly sure where you live in VA, but its about a 4.5-5 hour drive for me according to mapquest. You could probably crash here one night if you didn't want to make that drive at all once.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys should really come to the Six Flags in Illinois.

I wanna go so bad (I <3 roller coasters) but it's just too far away for me.
Thrice  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awww, i was hoping it would be the six flags in california

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyclone wrote:
Spoon, i'm not exactly sure where you live in VA, but its about a 4.5-5 hour drive for me according to mapquest. You could probably crash here one night if you didn't want to make that drive at all once.

If he lives way in SW VA like in Roanoke, that's probably why it's so damn far. Stupid humongous Virginia...

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote"TheRidGE]
4) DO NOT GO ON VIPER UNLESS YOU WANT TO PURPOSELY GIVE YOURSELF A HEADACHE. Viper stinks. It should be torn down (if it hasn't been already)

[/quote]

It's been taken down, where do you think El Torro went? :p

If I can manage to get a ride from someone here(or maybe i can plan for my other friend to take me, and i'll just "happen" to meet some friends) I'll definitely be there. :p

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to suggest a water park for those who don't love roller coasters, but there aren't any Water Country's in NJ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 3 of 23

Jump to: