ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Mass Effect Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sottle  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For pre-upgrade scanning, i was just moving around rapidly pressing and letting go of LT. Moves the cursor a lot faster and you still get to pick up on all the spikes.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DLC is up for the bounty hunter: Price: Free
WyldeDime5150  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just started my second playthrough, and i have to say, if the level cap doesnt change from 30 after you beat Hardcore, Insanity is going to be nearly impossible.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found out i'm working all of tomorrow so won't be playing the game until 6pm, which is really annoying. It'll just be sat there tempting me.

And just seen a pretty good trailer on the TV for Mass Effect 2

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BadgerBomber
Sottle  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WyldeDime5150 wrote:
Just started my second playthrough, and i have to say, if the level cap doesnt change from 30 after you beat Hardcore, Insanity is going to be nearly impossible.

Really? I'm finding Hardcore pretty easy right now, what class are you playing? I'm finding things pretty simple with my Adept + Sniper training.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this game has already fucked up on me. I turn it on and it says "The files Terminous Armor and Weapon and Normandy Crash Site are corrupted"

Ok, no big deal. Delete then re-download.

Click resume: "The selected save game cannot be loaded. The following Downloadable content is missing: NOrmandy Crash Sit"

Really? I've deleted it it and re-downloaded it, and Ive also re-downloaded it WITHOUT deleting... Any ideas?

EDIT: Ok, working now. Apparently, all I had to do was restart my box. Didn't even think about it last night, was freaking out to much XD
WyldeDime5150  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sottle wrote:
WyldeDime5150 wrote:

Really? I'm finding Hardcore pretty easy right now, what class are you playing? I'm finding things pretty simple with my Adept + Sniper training.
Im just using my soldier from ME1, although, after using slam on him i wish i had used a class with some biotic or tech powers. I decided hardcore was too easy so i went ahead and skipped to Insanity, and it is brutal. You NEED someone with overload because your shields will be down before you get half a clip on anyone. Everything will be good once I get Samara again cause once I got her I blew through everything.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy... Shit.

So, after 28 hours of game time, I finally finished the main story line. Holy... shit (again) was the ending good. I LOVED it. It was like watching a movie. All of the decisions, the fighting, the dialogue, the music, everything. Sadly, not ALL of my crew members made it (3 dies, 1 I didn't care for, the other 2 I wanted to live) but Shepard made it through. In the Wiki, it has a quote from a Dev saying "You will know if you are going to make it out of this mission". Honestly, I was standing up, not knowing if I would make it or not. Everything surprised me.

The VERY end of it got me pumped as well. Looks like ME3's final fight is going to fucking big.

Time to go through it again and do EVERYTHING opposite of what I did before. If Shepard dies at the end, can I still import that save? Because I want to see the ending of him dying, but not if I can't re-do it with that save.
Xtresso  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replayed the last mission a couple of times trying to get no deaths. I only got one every time, Legion was getting shot in the face while closing a door xD Switched in Tali for him and got no deaths. What can I say, I <3 achievement. The entire ending mission was extremely epic though, I managed to pick up the Paramour achievement with Tali, which makes absolutely no sense to me... but whatever.

Started my second playthrough on Insanity, at first it was just totally brutal (especially that Archangel mission) but once you get used to the health difference and actually utilizing all your abilities and squad commands (something I lacked on my first playthrough on Normal) it really isn't too difficult. Only thing that made the Archangel mission so much harder for me was that you can't take it slow or the dude dies, and trust me taking it fast is very hard on Insanity xD.

Epic game, I love WRPG games, and this is definitely in my top 2 with Fallout 3, then Oblivion and Borderlands. Hopefully there will be more, better DLC for this one than the first ME, which Bioware said there would be (this and Dragon Age are supposed to have more DLC i think...).

Sarg338 wrote:

The VERY end of it got me pumped as well. Looks like ME3's final fight is going to fucking big.

Time to go through it again and do EVERYTHING opposite of what I did before. If Shepard dies at the end, can I still import that save? Because I want to see the ending of him dying, but not if I can't re-do it with that save.

I gotta agree with you about that ending bit, my jaw totally dropped when I saw that little bit.

And I did see a loading screen saying 'import your save to mass effect 3... if you survive.' So presumably if Shepard dies you can't import him to the next game, but when you import an ME2 character on a second playthrough you can just pick any save when I did it. I can't exactly confirm it though.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xtresso wrote:

Started my second playthrough on Insanity, at first it was just totally brutal (especially that Archangel mission) but once you get used to the health difference and actually utilizing all your abilities and squad commands (something I lacked on my first playthrough on Normal) it really isn't too difficult. Only thing that made the Archangel mission so much harder for me was that you can't take it slow or the dude dies, and trust me taking it fast is very hard on Insanity xD.

Yeah, its starting to get easier the better i command my teammates. (Even though they still love to eat rockets) And the Archangel mission is just dumb. "Archangel" is always like "HERP DERP IMA GET SHOT"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I just got the game today, and from what I've seen. I love everything. Bioware definitely listens to their fan base and the issues. EVVEEERYTHHIINGG has been improved tenfold. God I'm gonna love marathoning this tonight and tomorrow.
Tahmer  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pissed that there is no Mako exploring and instead, planet scanning. LAME.
ruametalhed  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahmer wrote:
I'm pissed that there is no Mako exploring and instead, planet scanning. LAME.

i actually liked this a lot better. instead of only looking at one portion of the planet you get to scan the whole thing. Plus there's no annoying terrain that you have to deal with. I think that the side missions ME2 were a lot better and more fun than those in the first.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Dantera033091 Wii Friend Code: 0200740241837573
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually don't mind that the MAKO is gone. I liked driving, but I hated the lightness of the damn thing and how weird the terrain could be. I've gotten all the characters except one so far, Zaeed, Jack, and Thane are total badasses, and I'm starting to complete the side missions related to the crews issues. So far I have Jacob's and Miranda's loyalty completely. I'm liking the crew interactions this time around, especially Joker's being that it's actually some joking around. And it's Seth Green, you really can't go wrong with that. This game is living up to my expectations and more!

Edit: Also Vanguard + Sniper Training = Yum. All around range for meeeee
Also Also: Why did I get +5 renegade for having dinner with Kelly? What the hell guys.
Super Edit: Has anyone bothered to look at the different romance scenes/build-ups on YT? I saw Thane's with Fem Shepard and it was really..surprisingly emotional. Gotta say, I like the emotional values in these scenes this time around.

Last edited by clawmaster2 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:01 am; edited 3 times in total
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clawmaster2 wrote:
especially Joker's being that it's actually some joking around. And it's Seth Green, you really can't go wrong with that. This game is living up to my expectations and more!

Joker + E.D.I = Comedy throughout the whole game. I love it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: