ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHII League AA - Season 3 - Playoff Song-Round 1 posted
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rkcr  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only person who actually likes FTK?

I mean, it's not the easiest song to play due to their lack of steadiness in tempo, but I like the song itself.
Skogsharald  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who broke 20k on The new black yet? Im getting pretty close..

Goals:
600k TTFAF [X]
23 million [X]
Top 20 GH3X [ ]
edam  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skogsharald wrote:

Got 25,xxx, still some room for improvement though.

Not the ultimate song selection for me, and I have grown pretty tired of both CP and GF since I've played them both a lot before. FTK is boring, but I think I can get a resonable score.
Drazar  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got that cherry pie FC, no problemo

girlfriend could be a bit toucher, there's a specific part i mess up in the solo every time, i might have to settle for 23x,xxx

havent played the other two yet because of my loathing of them

I'm going to be away from tomorrow until friday, so this week won't be my strongest of weeks but I think I have a playoff place consolidated

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drazar wrote:
*hasn't FCed two of these songs already*

*lies a lot*

So...New Black and FTK? Too bad that 100% on TNB doesn't count for anything. ;)
Drazar  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azuarc wrote:
Drazar wrote:
*hasn't FCed two of these songs already*

*lies a lot*

So...New Black and FTK? Too bad that 100% on TNB doesn't count for anything. ;)

I still hate you for pairing me up against dantheman in scorehero madness, i'm not listeninggggggg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man! I am so close to doing amazing on Cherry Pie. I FCed it, but my SP was off. Arggh!

Girlfriend...I have to practice more on that song.

FTK, geez...I probably won't do good on it.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: soundbarrier4SH
daddylonglegs75  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skogsharald wrote:

I'm not even sure thats possilbe. I believe that 65% is about 400 notes and that is pretty close to how many single notes there are. 400x50=20,000. And then there is the part that is a lot of chords, I'm almost sure that it is impossible to get through the chord part with out hitting any. So basically I'm pretty sure thats not gonna happen. If someone does it, props to you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On The New Black (with twist): With a total of 629 notes, 65% is a minimum of 409 notes. By my count (which someone else should double-check if they feel like it) there are 420 single notes, which is more than the 65% cut-off. That means that *theoretically* the best score you could get is 409 * 50 = 20450.

However, this does not at all take into account the long chord section from measures 64 to 72, which (unless there's something I'm missing) is impossible to do without hitting some of them.
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drazar wrote:
I still hate you for pairing me up against dantheman in scorehero madness, i'm not listeninggggggg

Out of the people who made it to the sweet 16, who would you rather have been playing? I had to throw you someone who would kick your butt eventually.

The funny thing about the way the tournament worked is that everyone was at such different skill levels that the seedings basically divided the players in two. Let's call the higher level players the elites and the lower level players the scrubs. For the most part, the elites just drub the scrubs. Then the next round comes around, and we have to pick new scrubs, since half the people have to fall into that category. At some point, even the most elite of players becomes the scrub, except for one at the top. Even if you felt you belonged in the sweet 16, would you have belonged in the 8? Is there anyone in round 3 that you think you had a more-than-decent chance against? Maybe a couple that didn't make it to the elite 8.

And before anyone reads that and takes it out of character, I paired mysef up against a vastly superior opponent in round ONE. So I've been scrubbin' it up from the very beginning. That I'm even holding my own in AA2 surprises me. Still on the lower end though, if you consider only 17 people submitted last week and two of the people below me missed an earlier week. Makes me...11th of 15? Very humbling to play against so many incredible players on this website -- I can absolutely floor anyone in the real world, but around here my scores are slightly better than mediocre.

And before I go off on another tangent, I'm gonna cut myself off here. /hijack OFF
Skogsharald  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I imagined there were not so many notes on the new black, I haven't
actually counted it, but got around 25k on a 69% run and it felt like I
got one too many chords out of it soo Just a feeling I had that
it could've been possible... You guys using SP over the chord section btw?

On another note I just did a Girlfriend run where I FCed the first solo, yay,
FCed the second solo, cowabunga here I come I thought, and then I missed one
note trying to strum the alone green one in this section in the end
which was HoPo-able and thus made me overstrum :S

Goals:
600k TTFAF [X]
23 million [X]
Top 20 GH3X [ ]
Hotoke  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the last playoff rank?
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Felipernani
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I finally played these songs, and I discovered a few things.

1) Girlfriend and Cherry Pie are 95% ez-mode, with one or two sections that are gonna make me go crazy, kinda like the upstrum-only JTF.
2) FTK is a pretty hard song to keep a multiplier on, but I seemed to do curiously well at actually keeping one. This is probably gonna end up being my song for the week, especially with all the noise everyone else is making about it.
3) I have no freaking clue how to get the lowest score on a song. I think I managed to get myself below 30k, but I dunno if I can drop it any more than that.
eachann  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lowest score is a simple strategy but not so simple to do...

1. Try to hit only single notes
2. Try not to ever hit more than 10 in a row (insuring no multiplier)
3. If you have to hit chords to not fail (as you do for a portion of this song) minimize the number of them you have to hit

I know some people are down a lot lower than me.. lowest i've been able to manage is ~27k with 71% hit notes.. I need to work on it.

I'm still debating if it could possibly be benneficial to actually use star power during the chord streak... You *have* to hit a number of those chords or you'll fail the song... with star power you could survive hitting only 1/3 of the chords you'd have to hit otherwise, but your score is doubled for the chords you do play... you are reducing the number of chords (a factor of 3) by more than you are increasing your score for them (a factor of 2) so ... maybe you get less points by using a star power there... i haven't decided, just a thought I had. It's counter intuitive, I don't know how it works in practice.

I wish the rock meter could give me a number of allowable misses along with the graphical meter, it's hard to tell exactly when I'm going to fail
eachann  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azuarc wrote:
ok, I finally played these songs, and I discovered a few things.

1) Girlfriend and Cherry Pie are 95% ez-mode, with one or two sections that are gonna make me go crazy, kinda like the upstrum-only JTF.
2) FTK is a pretty hard song to keep a multiplier on, but I seemed to do curiously well at actually keeping one. This is probably gonna end up being my song for the week, especially with all the noise everyone else is making about it.
3) I have no freaking clue how to get the lowest score on a song. I think I managed to get myself below 30k, but I dunno if I can drop it any more than that.

I can't do solo B yet on CP.. so no easy FC for me. The rest of the song is pretty easy though, so I know i'm going to have to do better on solo B if I want to rank at all on this song

I don't see GF being an easy mode song at all... it's so easy to miss, and the solos are pretty tricky. I need a lot of work on this song...

FTK is definately hard.. I don't see all the tempo changes people are going on about, I find the chord sections pretty easy , but all the ups-and-downs to be extremely difficult to keep a combo on... again need a lot of work.

I don't know what to think about this week... I never do as well as I think when I think i'll do well, and I never do as badly as I think when I think I've done poorly... so, I guess I just have to do my best and wait and see if I can hang on to that last playoff spot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 25 of 28

Jump to: