ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Final Fantasy XII!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized something tonight that made going through the dungeons a hell of a lot easier. I gave all members of my party Cure, and since MP regenerates, I use cure whenever not in a battle, and it just recharges. I am not a save whore, I have about 3 save files for safety precautions that I rotate periodically, but 50?!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had to say, there's nothing quite like beating up on weak enemies like Wolves and Hyenas, and then watching your entire party get blown to oblivion by by a Thundara that you never saw coming. Love those Elementals....just love 'em.

Last edited by bcruise on Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
bcruise  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armageddon wrote:
I just realized something tonight that made going through the dungeons a hell of a lot easier. I gave all members of my party Cure, and since MP regenerates, I use cure whenever not in a battle, and it just recharges. I am not a save whore, I have about 3 save files for safety precautions that I rotate periodically, but 50?!

Even better, if you've purchased or found the right Gambits, you can automate this. I personally whore the HP < 50% Gambit for healing purposes. Just one thing - if you're going to use it outside of battle, make sure you set it after any attack gambits - otherwise you'll probably have your character curing when they should be attacking.

So much stuff you can do with those.....I've got a whole loot-gathering operation set up where one character steals, the other two wear the monster down to HP Critical without killing it, and Vaan Poaches them, often for a good selling item. All automatic. However, I'm noticing as I progress in the game that enemies start appearing in groups more often, making this operation more difficult. Gotta adapt my strategies a bit - this game is all about that.
Riz  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do both. A couple of characters (usually ones with heavy Magic Lore and Channelling) setup with Ally: HP <= 40% above battle commands (along with all the rest of the assorted status cures), and just about everyone with Ally: HP <= 80% below the battle commands. If I had an Ally: HP <= 100% gambit, I'd use that instead. Before I had enough chars with white magic 1, I substituted potions for the <= 40% in battle gambit.

Proper gambit config (and I make *frequent* changes to almost all of mine) is one of the most complex, yet fun and rewarding, aspects of this game, for me. It can honestly make the difference between an intense battle being difficult but doable, and being completely impossible. In reference to my post on the previous page to Kachie re: Cluckatrice, there is no way I would have won that battle with my level 15 characters without a very careful gambit setup.

Riz.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, went back and destroyed her at around 15. . . just got everyone up to 17 and i think I'm going to attempt that rocktortoise guy again. . . bah

"I'm a loner dottie, a rebel, you don't want to get mixed up with a guy like me. . . "

shutendoji  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm part of the minority...i haven't even touched this game yet...and i honestly don't plan to...haha
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is everyone now? I'm right before Raithwall's Tomb...don't want to give any spoilers but you get it. I'm leveling all of my characters at the moment in this area.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armageddon wrote:
Where is everyone now? I'm right before Raithwall's Tomb...don't want to give any spoilers but you get it. I'm leveling all of my characters at the moment in this area.

I don't want to give any spoilers either, but I'm over 30 hours in and in an area that was represented in the Demo that came with Dragon Quest 8, the Stilshrine of Miriam....I say represented because so far it's nothing like what was in the demo...

I have to admit I'm not quite as into this story as some of the others (especially FFX), but since I haven't gone all the way through it, that can still change. I think it's because the characters seem to lack a bit of emotion. It suits the war plot element just fine, though.

I can tell right now that I'm not going to beat this in the minimum of 40 hours that IGN suggested....not even close. I'm having too much fun venturing off the beaten path to find new areas, loot to sell (believe it or not, money is still a concern at this point for me), and taking any sidequests that I find.
bcruise  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG......if you guys are going through an area for the first time, and run across areas named "Zertinan Carverns" or "The Feywood", RUN. Run like hell.

The enemies in those areas are at least twice the level of the ones in the immediately surrounding areas, and they will drop you in a matter of seconds. I still can't fight the ones in the deepest parts of Zertinan, and I went through that area of the game 10 gameplay hours ago!
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm at the entrance of Raithwalls, just sold all of my equipment and bought the best equipment, though I stopped playing it because of GH2, go figure. After I Guitar God all modes, I'll pick this baby up again and play the hell out of it. Talk about a tough decision.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a general tip, at least in my opinion....

The leader of your party should ALWAYS be equipped with a bangle, for perma-Libra, and whenever you are entering a new area, take it slow, and so soon as you're in range of a mob and can see their HP bar (even if it's green), use D-pad left and right to target the mobs and see what they are with Libra. This will prevent you from stumbling into something painful... most of the time.

And yes Zertinan Caverns and Feywood are indeed nasty areas, but then, almost any area can turn nasty in the presence of elementals. Always be wary, and Libra is your friend.

Riz.

Last edited by Riz on Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
eman2101  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ I'd rather waste my last gambit slot with Self --> Libra then have a character permenately stuck with one accessory.
Riz  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's always an option too, but frankly, I'd rather have the gambit slot for something else, especially on party leader. There are far more useful things I can do with a gambit slot than there are generally useful accessories.

I've not found accessories to be very critical except in all but a very few specific cases, and in those cases, the mob I'm facing is libra immune anyway, so I don't mind swapping out just for that one fight. But for general exploring, my party leader is always wearing a bangle. If I find some accessory later that has libra and something else on it, all the better, but if not, I'll stick with that... for general exploration, anyway.

Riz.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished hunting the Enkalados, (I think thats what it's called). It gave me an accessory that doubles the LP you earn while wearing it.

Trust me on this, get this accessory and go back to the Lhusu Mines in Bhujerba!! I got my battle chain up to 200 the other night!! That's 400 LP for Vaan!!!! I am totally whoring the battle chain for loot. As well as the LP. I'm just getting ready to leave Lahana to go to Mt. Something or other, and I'm only a few Licenses away from having all of the Augments section paid for. It makes battles much easier, I highly recommend that section of the License Grid.
Ensiferous3  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be getting this soon and was wondering:

Best party in your opinion? Should I level everyone equally? Stick to XYZ because they can do AB and C? Or what?

PS: I hate leveling up my party for hours on end. FF2 drained that out of me because of that stat leveling up thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 4 of 18

Jump to: