ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
digital life 2007 gh 3 booth (updated w/ closer 9/30)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nipps  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Systematic1 wrote:
Very nice. I'm digging all these songs, really. They all look like a lot of fun.

Closer looks HARD

i forgot to film close with a FC of it too! haha
mr-apples  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always been hard on triple chords as a crutch to make songs more difficult... but official GYO chords are just stupid.... even more so that "What I Like About You" which is stupid and a side of rice.
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr-apples wrote:
I've always been hard on triple chords as a crutch to make songs more difficult... but official GYO chords are just stupid.... even more so that "What I Like About You" which is stupid and a side of rice.

Why are GYO Chords stupid? There are plenty of songs that Ive played on real guitar that need me to have a five fret spread chord like that. Its actually quite comfortable. And if a chord has many natural harmonies in it, I dont wanna play just a power chord, I wanna play a three note. If its more difficult, then whatever.

LOSTin2007  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:
mr-apples wrote:

Why are GYO Chords stupid? There are plenty of songs that Ive played on real guitar that need me to have a five fret spread chord like that. Its actually quite comfortable. And if a chord has many natural harmonies in it, I dont wanna play just a power chord, I wanna play a three note. If its more difficult, then whatever.

I'm sure it's really hard for people with smaller hands!!!
Thrive  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahaha stage diver in Rock You Like a Hurricane! Awesome!

Great vids, and thanks for the look at that ridiculous Take This Life chart. I don't care how realistic it is, that chart is stupid =/

Goals:
Free Bird FC [X]
3's & 7's FC [X]
Knights of Cydonia FC [ ]
Cult of Personality FC [ ]
TTFAF 5 Star [ ] (4*)
buttfaceninja  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait for Even Flow. The song looks really fun and is not a easy Fc.

Take this Life looks like a bitch. Especially since you can Ho/Po the riff.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOSTin2007 wrote:
Yusuke wrote:
mr-apples wrote:

I'm sure it's really hard for people with smaller hands!!!

I only use 3 fingers, and I'm sure I'll be fine.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minus Celsius isn't the final chart, is it?

Seriously...it can't be final.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Perfidious Sinn Wii Friend Code: 7718621967747715
mrnuzzlespleen  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just came back from it, and it was AWESOME.. There was virtually no line, it was just hand the guitar to the person behind you, pretty informal. The les paul took a little getting used to, but once I get the hang it was pretty close to perfect.

Fast strumming is indeed a little easier, with I guess was more leeway in the notes.

The new HO/PO system is inarguably more fun. Gonna be some good times with that.
TigerHawk310  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Digital Life tournament update, and the Red Octane rep's difficulty guesses (which I mostly, but not completely agree with):

I'm in the finals after a pair of tough elimination rounds, which means I'm getting an awesome new guitar. The Red Octane rep said he ordered the songs for the tournament by difficulty (harder = later), which puts his difficulty judgment at:

Easiest: Hit Me With Your Best Shot

Quarterfinals songs:
Avalancha (pretty easy--I FCed it on my sight-read, and missed a few notes carelessly in my quarterfinal round due to nervousness.) Won 180k-174k.
Closer
Lay Down
Evenflow

Semifinals songs (harder):
Rock You Like a Hurricane
Hier Kommt Alex (my win, 420k-400k)

Finals songs (hardest):
The Metal
Take This Life
Minus Celsius

I'd have switched Rock You Like a Hurricane and Minus Celsius, at least at this competition level; Rock You Like a Hurricane has much tougher solos. I'd also switch Lay Down and Hit Me With Your Best Shot; Lay Down's solo is ridiculously easy compared to Hit Me With Your Best Shot's solo.

Tomorrow, I play for the $3500 Les Paul 1960 reissue. If I lose, I only get a smaller, silver fiddle, I mean guitar (Gibson Flying V, $1600 value)
DontFret  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

take this life looks really hard
canoshiz  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TigerHawk310 wrote:

Tomorrow, I play for the $3500 Les Paul 1960 reissue. If I lose, I only get a smaller, silver fiddle, I mean guitar (Gibson Flying V, $1600 value)
Wait, WHAT?? Those are some fucking amazing prizes, congrats on being guaranteed a Flying V at least.

And yeah, I have to agree that a lot of these note charts look like really bad customs...
DontFret  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canoshiz wrote:
TigerHawk310 wrote:

Wait, WHAT?? Those are some fucking amazing prizes, congrats on being guaranteed a Flying V at least.

And yeah, I have to agree that a lot of these note charts look like really bad customs...

whoamg, 3500 les paul thats nuts, please take pictures
TigerHawk310  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do. I was amazed too--given how little this tournament was publicized, the lack of entry fee, and how poorly organized it was (as of Friday morning, both Red Octane and the GGL thought the other was running the qualifying rounds--Saturday would have been very interesting if a few of us hadn't brought it to the Red Octane rep's attention), the prizes are out there. They were sitting in the GH3 booth Thursday and Friday, but without a sign saying that they were the tournament prizes; we didn't find out they were until Friday afternoon.

Oh, and on the note charts--they may look like bad customs, but with the exception of Take This Life they do play well. Take This Life may be an accurate notechart, but playing it is work rather than fun. It doesn't help that my take on the song is "It would have been more efficient to scrape knives on tin pans for three minutes for that sound."

Last edited by TigerHawk310 on Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
neekoh  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, sweet vids. Really looking forward to playing take this life. I won't be cranking up the volume, but it's awesome they're not using HOPO's on the quick alternating ones! Also tried my first customs just yesterday, and the GYO-chords didn't catch me off-guard at all. Index, middle and pinky just naturally took their places. They are just about as easy to hit than what I was used to in GH2 already. And I have quite short fingers. GRO or GBO might be a different story. (And the GRBO and GRYBO I really had trouble hitting even when I knew to expect them. )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: