Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Music to sleep to
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
torrentriver  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i find it kind of weird that your music influences all of your dreams. for me, i cant dream if i listen to music while im falling asleep. i dream every night that i dont have music, but never with it. so you guys with your fast paced dreams all because of your music is amazing, i wish i had that.

Oh no she di' in't
sedron  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

torrentriver wrote:
i find it kind of weird that your music influences all of your dreams. for me, i cant dream if i listen to music while im falling asleep. i dream every night that i dont have music, but never with it. so you guys with your fast paced dreams all because of your music is amazing, i wish i had that.

Actually, I don't think music has ever affected how my dreams go. I've had some amazing, happy dreams listening to rock or metal, but I've also had some awful, painful dreams listening to the same songs. This is probably because my iPod's earphones normally fall out of my ears at some point in the night.
shadow6463  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have satellite radio on my TV so I turn on liquid metal and fall asleep to that, especially at 12pm which is beyond the pit death metal, grind, etc. for a whole hour

http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/shadow6463
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: shadow6463
Rawrspoon  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sedron wrote:
torrentriver wrote:

Actually, I don't think music has ever affected how my dreams go. I've had some amazing, happy dreams listening to rock or metal, but I've also had some awful, painful dreams listening to the same songs. This is probably because my iPod's earphones normally fall out of my ears at some point in the night.
I have a huge phobia of strangling myself with the earphones, so I have to use speakers. To the annoyance of my brothers next door XP
TrashedAndGashed  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every night.

I listened to Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon, two nights in a row, it was like I was in a Dr. Suess book. So fucking weird

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pink Floyd, Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, and Theory of a Deadman is my sleep playlist :O
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: XxTimetoKillxX PSN Name: XxTimetokillxX
Ensiferum  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fairly certain that I can fall asleep to anything when I'm extremely tired. When I'm not tired, I throw on my sleeping playlist.

Liquid Tension Experiment- Both albums. Not much to say, great stuff, period.

Buckethead- Electric Tears as stated many times before.

Mastodon-Crack The Skye is an amazing album to fall asleep to in my opinion.

The playlist is then filled with random BTBAM, Dream Theater, Dimmu Borgir, Pat Metheny, King Crimson, and Opeth.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't fall asleep if there is music playing.

they're people who don't drink, smoke, or do drugs, and are complete douches about it
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LambchopsMcAdoo
retop56  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ensiferum wrote:
I'm fairly certain that I can fall asleep to anything when I'm extremely tired. When I'm not tired, I throw on my sleeping playlist.

Liquid Tension Experiment- Both albums. Not much to say, great stuff, period.

The playlist is then filled with random BTBAM, Dream Theater, Dimmu Borgir, Pat Metheny, King Crimson, and Opeth.

THIS! Liquid Tension Experiment and Dream Theater ALWAYS help me sleep. Find Dream Theater's song "A Change of Seasons". It's about 22-23 minutes of Melodic Dream Theater goodness. It's fast paced at times, and very slow at the same time. I love that song. I'm also surprised that no one has mentioned 311. Almost every song in their whole catalog can make me sleepy. If you haven't listened to any of the bands above, check them out because they are AMAZING!!!111

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually listen to deathcore when I go to sleep like The black dahlia murder whitechapel as blood runs black stuff like that and if im really tired ill usally listen to A day to Remeber - The downfall of us all

Anyone want to 1v1 quickscopes/noscopes on mw2 (360) add my gt JesusHellz
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 090353049866
ingusjinx  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How has nobody said "Wait For Sleep " by Dream Theater yet? Geez.
Most of the time I listen to Steve Vai's softer songs, like Lotus Feet or Whispering A Prayer. And then sometimes I put on Deja Vu or Afraid To Shoot Strangers - Iron Maiden. They're all great songs.
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aisha Duo has this album called Quiet Songs. Really great to just calm yourself down. Look for it on iTunes and such.

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
MetalheadNorm  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
guitarroker wrote:
Subrick wrote:
Death metal

Just put on death metal and you'll be under like that.

Probably not impossible, but extreme metal is very stimulating, oftentimes very fast and such, which will more than likely just get you excited.

i will have to disagree with you, its more a question of taste and ATM feeling. i used to sleep on whatever was in the cd player back in the day. death metal, metal, rock, punk, whatever it was.

i guess if you're tired enough, you dont really care of what you're listening or not.

I use to fall to sleep every night to death metal. It's not farfetched at all.
032 x 12" Vinyl
001 x 10" Vinyl
008 x 7" Vinyl
003 x Hooded Sweatshirt
016 x T-shirt
011 x Patch
028 x Band Pin
guitarroker  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rawrspoon wrote:
sedron wrote:
torrentriver wrote:

I have a huge phobia of strangling myself with the earphones, so I have to use speakers. To the annoyance of my brothers next door XP

Valid fear, I passed out watching YouTube on my ipod at around 6 am and woke up with the earphones around my neck, nothing happened but it could have been much worse... I should be more careful.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how people fall asleep with music playing. I sometimes do that on a plane ride but that's when I'm dead tired. I couldn't do that on an average night. I may just have to create a playlist of all of my calm instrumental songs and try it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: