ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
I fear for GH: Metallica
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
j0ck3  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TopGearFTW wrote:
The only thing I'm wondering about GH Metallica is whether they will put One in it, which would be odd since it's in GH3, or leave it out, which would also be odd since it's arguably Metallica's most famous song.

One on Drums would be totally awesome. And it is one of their best songs so why not.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: j0ck33
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TopGearFTW wrote:
The only thing I'm wondering about GH Metallica is whether they will put One in it, which would be odd since it's in GH3, or leave it out, which would also be odd since it's arguably Metallica's most famous song.

One will not be in the GH:ME
Metallica's Blog on their myspace wrote:

METALLICA GUITAR HERO GAME. . . FACT OR FICTION?

An all Metallica Guitar Hero game . . . fact or fiction? Idle internet gossip, wishful thinking, or the real deal? Let's just say that perhaps, just maybe, if you've already mastered "One" on GHIII there might be a pile of 'Tallica songs in your future.

HellAshes wrote:
valioso wrote:
dxbrbnk wrote:
Hopefully, GH:M will be a pin off of GH4 not GH3. Meaning, that it will include all band instruments.

I am pretty sure they will be a full band game since is after GH4

Metallica has the money to make sure too.

BTW, not to sound mean or anything, but One is possibly the WORST song to put by Metallica into Guitar Hero. The song is incredibly boring 95% of the time. The fast strumming is a bit fun, but repetitive. And the solo is just too "WTF" worthy to be considered fun. Any other Metallica song, however, would rock in a Guitar Hero.

Anybody who's downloaded the Metallica pack on RB knows what this means, =D.

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

consonance777 wrote:
All I know is that I'm willing to pay +$60 to get a fucking correctly charted Fast Solo A. ~.~

Define "Correctly charted".

You'll probably get it wrong but go for it.

My goals:
Put an X in this box: [why is this so hard]

stuff i''ve done, it''s been updated now which is weird
Beedlebub  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is GH:M going to be a Full Band game? Has this been confirmed or are we just making assumptions?

God damnit.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RudiganRex PSN Name: Beedlebub-
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beedlebub wrote:
Is GH:M going to be a Full Band game? Has this been confirmed or are we just making assumptions?

Why would they release an add-on to GH3 after GH:WT comes out?

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
Beedlebub  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnionPowder wrote:
Beedlebub wrote:

Not an Add-On, I mean, it's still GUITAR Hero, I hope they're not just sticking with that name and only releasing Full Band games.

If they're not releasing any more Guitar only games I'm going to be bitterly dissapointed.

God damnit.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RudiganRex PSN Name: Beedlebub-
Skysore  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valioso wrote:
dxbrbnk wrote:
Hopefully, GH:M will be a pin off of GH4 not GH3. Meaning, that it will include all band instruments.

I am pretty sure they will be a full band game since is after GH4

lol maybe if we all ask for just guitar the game will come here faster , but as that will not happen then I'm just looking forward to it because of the difficulty level involved. Ride the Lightning FTW!
700K TDWDTG [x]
Start Playing Again []
My Accomplishment Thread!
Check out my Youtube!
TheBigBB  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beedlebub wrote:
OnionPowder wrote:
Beedlebub wrote:

Not an Add-On, I mean, it's still GUITAR Hero, I hope they're not just sticking with that name and only releasing Full Band games.

If they're not releasing any more Guitar only games I'm going to be bitterly dissapointed.

Why? The other instruments don't subtract from the guitar career at all. Like, if GH3 came out as the exact same game except you could also do a drum tour, wouldn't that be better?
vader9200  

Location: The town from the movie in The Haunting in Connecticut

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys, didnt Leff, the guy who made that awesome Guitar Hero: Metallica Custom disc get hired by Neversoft as a charter right before they announced the game? Im pretty sure that he made a thread about his being hired and i saw some of his charts, they are AWESOME!
Graf  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just glad they are coming out with Guitar Hero: Metallica.

Seriously, why bitch about it if the game is full band or just guitar? Either way it will kick ass (in my opinion)

There is NO WAY they can fuck this up. They could overchart the hell out of everything. They could make "Hero of the Day" the hardest song in the game and I am still going to enjoy it.

New Guitar Hero = fuck yeah

(Hrmm... a James Hetfield and Kirk Hammet guitar battle would be SICK)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyways, I just concerned about whether they can get away with a "Strong Language" or "Strong Lyrics" tag and still get a T rating. I think it's possible. I mainly brought up the rating issue because I was thinking of how people were saying Slayer - Angel of Death wouldn't be in World Tour because of the subject of the song.
Rexisfed  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has probably been said several times in this post, but no. GHA was not overcharted at all, except for one or two songs, which is the norm for GH games even before Neversoft made them. Random strums aren't a problem anywhere, and the HOPO system is perfect. GHA is much better than I expected it to be, and I am looking forward to Metallica.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, first of all, all of this overcharting nonsense is driving me nuts. Dont you get it? All of these "random strum" type songs such as In The Belly of A Shark, Same Old Song and Dance, One are adding something new to the game, more realistic play. You know what? while you were whining about how annoying it was, I was figuring it out, and now its not an issue to me.

Realize that the charts arent going to be like they were in GH2, so get over it! Maybe its for the better!

And on the topic of GH:ME, it will probably have some new chart structures that annoy me, but ill probably get used to those as well. I think it will be the most entertaining GH for metal fans.

New goals:
FC Slither [ ]
FC The Outsider [ ]
FC Seventeen, I Wanna Rock, or, R&R [ ]
X28KillsLaterX  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: I fear for GH: Metallica Reply with quote

Goron40 wrote:
Everyone was expecting Aerosmith to be an easy game, and Neversoft surprised us by overcharting every chart in the game, adding chords where they do not exist, the changed hammer-on system... and don't get me started on random strums.

If they can take a band like Aerosmith and do this... What is to become of GH: Metallica?

what drugs are you smoking? the game had far less 3 chords and the hammer-ons were a bit differn't but still easy to hit in almost every case. i had no random strums that botherd me and i could strum ho-po's easily too.
GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that the games are getting easier idea, since the raw skill level inflation is getting a bit too ridiculous.

Heres an article about it:

http://www.fakeplasticrock.com/2008/04/04/song-note-charts-rock-band-vs-guitar-hero-iii/

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: