ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GRRRRRR....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AskewedOne  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: GRRRRRR.... Reply with quote

I'm hitting a wall trying to narrow down that 5-Star Cutoff on Stellar, I keep on consistantly overshooting it by no less than 20 pts and no more than 100, anybody out there want to help get this thing nailed down solid?
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are using the crowd cheat right (YBOOBBYO in the main menu screen)? It makes finding cutoffs a million times easier with this cheat.

The first cutoff I found was ILR&R and it took me all day to get it exact. Then I realized how dumb I was, and now that I use the cheat I can usually find a cutoff in 20-30 minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first I didn't, it was kind of flukey, as the first score I had gotten to raise my score on that song was in the high 107k range. Then I went back and put in the crowd cheat so I could try to get my score and coast through the rest of the song without failing, it's just something about me and not being able to find that sweet spot of exactly which notes I need to hit once I'm getting close to the upper end of the cutoff range to land myself in that small of a window.
blah  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, have fun once you've narrowed it down to about a 5 point difference... I've been working on Iron Man expert and I just need to get one exact score to nail the cut off.. but I can't get it despite several hours of trying.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally this is the best way to pinpoint exact scores:

1. Use the crowd cheat to never fail.
2. Build up your score as fast as possible in the beginning using star power and everything until you get within about 3k (or closer) to the target score.
3. Now only hit held notes and try to align the last two digits of your score properly within a multiple of 50 of the target score (i.e. if you're trying to get 123,456 then keep getting hold pts until your score ends in 56 or 06)
4. Hit notes and chords without hitting anymore holds until your score matches the target score.
5. Wait for the song to finish.

By following this method I can nail an exact target score more than 50% of the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: