SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH6/GH5/BH .NOTE File Format
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
codemann8  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
It's not that bad, I just search for the QB magic number and use the offset of the QB file header, just as you mention. I don't really want to go to all the effort of parsing everything formally, I just hunt and peck for what I'm interested in (ie. instrument tracks, star power sections, etc).
Well, out of the hotelcalifornia example, to get to the qs file, you could read in PAK headers that start with CD 45 25 36, those are always QS files, the next WORD is the offset (from the start of this header, not start of PAK file) to the start of the file, the next WORD is the length...and you could just read in all the QS files together, they are hash map text files...thats probably the closest thing you can do to accurately get this to work for all different types of PAK files

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
raynebc  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That hex sequence occurs 3 times in the PAK file, does that mean there are 3 non contiguous sections with lyric text?
codemann8  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
That hex sequence occurs 3 times in the PAK file, does that mean there are 3 non contiguous sections with lyric text?

Yes, one is lyric text, one is section names (Solo, Verse, Intro, etc) and the other one is something else, looks like the hotel california example shows a blank 3rd file...all three files will maintain the same file structure as CD 45 25 36 indicates the file type of .qs

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
raynebc  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

codemann8 wrote:
And the first record in the lyrics section is (at 0x248FC):
Code:
00 00 01 00 
00 02 49 04 --offset to data (next byte)
    00 01 01 00
        90 6B 67 BA --some checksum (looks same for every lyric)
        00 00 D8 A4 --start of lyric (ms)
        00 02 49 14 --offset to the next data (next byte)
            00 01 1C 00 
                C4 74 58 38 --some checksum (looks same for every lyric)
                D8 C7 02 4A --checksum of lyric text (qs file)
                00 00 00 00

There's something else I must be doing wrong. I'd been trying to parse the lyric data from the "hotelcalifornia_lyrics" section. The checksum of this is 0x10C14E19 and it appears at QB offset 0x24254. Am I parsing that section incorrectly or are you referring to a different section above?
codemann8  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
There's something else I must be doing wrong. I'd been trying to parse the lyric data from the "hotelcalifornia_lyrics" section. The checksum of this is 0x10C14E19 and it appears at QB offset 0x24254. Am I parsing that section incorrectly or are you referring to a different section above?

That's the right section, this section starts out with 00 01 0A 00 with 0x1A3 elements, with each of those element's offsets starting at 0x24270, each offset corresponds to a lyric record, the first one starts at 0x248FC

raynebc  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My section parser wasn't handling "alternate" 2D array sections yet. It was messy getting to this point, but I got the lyric text to import. Thanks a ton!
codemann8  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem...all these file structures are really confusing and could've been written so much cleaner, but my guess is that they are built in a generic fashion so it can be shared with many different games...glad you got it working

raynebc  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB is so inefficient, I'm glad they moved away from it.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm grappling with trying to recognize ghost and accented (strong hit) notes, but I'm not making much sense of it yet. Are these notations in the normal instrument sections (ie. drumsexpertinstrument)? Does anybody have a summary of how the notation is supposed to work?
codemann8  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
I'm grappling with trying to recognize ghost and accented (strong hit) notes, but I'm not making much sense of it yet. Are these notations in the normal instrument sections (ie. drumsexpertinstrument)? Does anybody have a summary of how the notation is supposed to work?
The last 5 bits of a note notate the accent mask for all 5 notes (purple not included)

raynebc  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That clears up the accent (strong hit?) notes. Do you happen to know about the ghosted notes though? I was looking at the chart file for the song "Graduate" by Third Eye Blind, and one of the snare notes is marked with a note bitmask of 0 and an accent bitmask of 0.
codemann8  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
That clears up the accent (strong hit?) notes. Do you happen to know about the ghosted notes though? I was looking at the chart file for the song "Graduate" by Third Eye Blind, and one of the snare notes is marked with a note bitmask of 0 and an accent bitmask of 0.
I'm not sure about those, are those Expert+ notes?

raynebc  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghost notes, as far as I know about it, are displayed in Expert+ difficulty only. The example I gave doesn't resemble the double bass notation though, which is one bit in the note bitmask set while another is clear.
codemann8  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
Ghost notes, as far as I know about it, are displayed in Expert+ difficulty only. The example I gave doesn't resemble the double bass notation though, which is one bit in the note bitmask set while another is clear.

I never dug this far so I wouldn't know, I think the extra drum note section has something to do with it

raynebc  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been stuck trying to parse practice sections from QB files. I'm able to load the section names and their checksums, but I don't know where or how the timestamps are stored for them. Can anybody shed some light on this? Thanks in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: