ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
ACB (Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: ACB (Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood) Reply with quote

Anyone else looking very forward to this release? Love the developer vids and gameplay they've shown so far... if you were a fan of AC2 - this looks to be that plus tons more.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AC had so much potential that it just didn't live up to because of repitition.

AC2 fixed that problem and was AMAZING. The story during the ending in particular was epic.

ACDC has been rockin' hard for over 35 years.

So yeah... I'm really looking forward to ACB. the only thing I'm worried about is having to train people to do tasks for you, when they have a chance of dying. I don't want my people to just die. Can they be replaced?
CorpusCollosum  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be my only day one purchase of the fall rush of games. I am quite interested to see how multi-player pans out, and I hope people actually play it like it's meant to be played. Also, the story got rather interesting towards the end of AC2, and I really want to see it through.

Currently playing: Gears, Batman
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: PistonHonda22 PSN Name: SodaPopinskii
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AC2 was my favourite game of 2009, naturally I'm looking forward to this. I've got it pre-ordered, which I never do for any game under normal circumstances.

I'm a bit worried about the multiplayer aspect. By which I mean I regard it as the single most stupid thing they could've ever done. Every game ever released does not need to have multiplayer. Some games are just fine with being a solo experience. If ever there was one game franchise that didn't need multiplayer, it's Assassin's Creed. Remember that bit from AC2 where you had to win a capture-the-flag sort of thing, and how it was the single worst and most annoying part of the entire game? Yeah. I really don't want to be doing that with real life people.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having played the multiplayer beta, it really isn't that bad and is mostly enjoyable.

Sure, it won't be something you'll sit and play day in and day out but for a couple of hours here and there it's fun.

Also, PS3 exclusive free launch DLC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Limited Edition on Pre-Order.

I've honestly been counting down the days until October.

This game will be outstanding. Trust me.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
CorpusCollosum  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
I'm a bit worried about the multiplayer aspect. By which I mean I regard it as the single most stupid thing they could've ever done. Every game ever released does not need to have multiplayer. Some games are just fine with being a solo experience. If ever there was one game franchise that didn't need multiplayer, it's Assassin's Creed. Remember that bit from AC2 where you had to win a capture-the-flag sort of thing, and how it was the single worst and most annoying part of the entire game? Yeah. I really don't want to be doing that with real life people.

Have you seen or heard anything about the multi-player? It's nothing like you're thinking it will be. I got some time to play it at PAX Prime this year, and it was quite interesting, the whole stalking your prey/avoiding your assassin mechanic.

Just because a game that hasn't had multi-player before has it now doesn't mean that it's going to suck or ruin the game. If the developer does something innovative and polishes it up (like Ubi seems to be doing), I welcome the addition.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: PistonHonda22 PSN Name: SodaPopinskii
buttfaceninja  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved ACII and when this was announced i was pretty skeptical. But there seems to alot positivity towards it and I think the multiplayer sounds like it could be extremely fun if pulled off correctly. I dont know shit about the single player though. Is it basically AC 2.5 and important to the main story?

Ill probably be picking this up the first week available if it lives up to the hype of the second game.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CorpusCollosum wrote:
thecaptainof wrote:

Have you seen or heard anything about the multi-player? It's nothing like you're thinking it will be. I got some time to play it at PAX Prime this year, and it was quite interesting, the whole stalking your prey/avoiding your assassin mechanic.

Just because a game that hasn't had multi-player before has it now doesn't mean that it's going to suck or ruin the game. If the developer does something innovative and polishes it up (like Ubi seems to be doing), I welcome the addition.

That, and an unpolished mode is superior to a non-existent one, imo. If you try it and don't like it, you can just never play it again and pretend it's not there. Most people do not share my view on that, though.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you can just pretend it's not there, as I will do, but my point is rather that the single player aspect nearly always suffers when the developers start focusing on multiplayer. For some reason, most gamers these days seem to think multiplayer is the only thing that matters. I'm surprised Fallout New Vegas didn't have it. I wouldn't mind betting Elder Scrolls 5 will.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense Captain... but I am one of those players who gets bored VERY EASILY with single player games (though AC2 was the first in a LONG time to keep me entertained for a while).

I love the ability to play online against/with other players. The camaraderie and team work required in some games (like l4d) are something that I just cannot get in a single player game. Not only that, but I'm very competitive... and to beat a single player game usually just requires you to play long enough to figure out a way around whatever obstacle you come up to... but with multiplayer, you constantly have people getting better and learning new strategies. It's really just a whole different style of play.

With that said, I definitely expect games to still give their full attention to both sections and not skimp on single player... unfortunately, the call of duty's and battlefield's of the world don't do that...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very simple conditional game, for me.

If the multiplayer is not phenomenal, then I'll rent it eventually. Otherwise, it's a first-day purchase.
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's everyone's thoughts on ACB so far? Anyone up for MP on Xbox360?

CorpusCollosum  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus, I wish I could skip scenes with Desmond and the present-day group; the writing and dialogue is nauseating.

Gameplay is solid so far though, not too many changes as of yet. While the kill streaks make combat even simpler, you feel like a total badass in the process, so it's worth it.

thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only just got to Rome so I can't say too much... but, does it actually read your AC2 save to start Ezio off with the same outfit and amount of money you had at the end of that game, or was it just coincidence that it matched up exactly as I remember it?

I guess the biggest thing I've noticed so far is that the combat is awesome. I mean, in as much as 'hold block, mash counter' can be. It looks amazing.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: