ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
TTFAF 800k help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaffx95  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: TTFAF 800k help Reply with quote

I can consistently get 700k now, but 800k seems impossible to me...
Here is the main problem: I always FC the intro, but i rarely hit the sp phrase in the "cold winter morning":

Any help with this will be appreciated. Also, i would like to know what sections i should practice in order to score 800k. Here's the list of the sections that i'm not consistent with:

Cold Winter Morning: i don't know why, but the sp phrase is so hard to hit
Bridge I: i only fced this section once, now i can't hit the ending even on slow
Lost Inside, Lost Within: the trills in the end are hard, but i can hit them some times
Solo Fill II: same as B1
Climatic Build-Up: should i tap the GYO zig-zag in the end?
Herman Solo II: grace notes ftl
What The...: i can hit this on practice mode, but its hard to do it on a real run because it starts right after some grace notes
Twin Solo: i own the ending, but the ascending triplets in the middle kill me
So Far Away III: you know where the problem is...

The Rock Band Master FC Breakdown Project: RB1 RB2
My Youtube Account: Click Here
xboxpro57  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have issues with that SP phrase too. One theing I do that seems to help sometimes is hit the YO chord in 3rd position. So you just slide up your 1 and 3 fingers from the preceding RB chord. Try that out and see if it makes any difference. I think it really only helps me because it forces me to mentally separate all the notes and fret correctly.

MarkAllen1988  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you hit everything but the sections you have listed, you could easily get 800-850K. My high score is 777K, and I didn't hit a single one of those sections, did bad on the solo, missed in solo fill 1, bridge 2, and random other sections before bridge 2. If you're consistent with Hermans solo, Sams solo, the end of twin, and can FC from Cold Winter Morning to Lost Inside and from Bridge 2 to Solo fill 2, you should be able to get closer to 900K than 800K, so I don't know what to tell you.

And the CWM SP, I use second position and strum the RB before the YO early and make sure you focus on the chord change. And don't try to strum any of the hopos after the chords. I've never had success with 3rd because of the hopo chain afterwards, and I maybe hit it 30 percent of the time if I'm lucky.

For Climactic, play it as a GYBO zigzag ghost noting the blues.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: markallen2216
MarkAllen1988  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you hit everything BUT the sections you have listed, you could easily get 800-850K. My high score is 777K, and I didn't hit a single one of those sections, did bad on the solo, missed in solo fill 1, bridge 2, and random other sections before bridge 2. If you're consistent with Hermans solo, Sams solo, the end of twin, and can FC from Cold Winter Morning to Lost Inside and from Bridge 2 to Solo fill 2, you should be able to get closer to 900K than 800K, so I don't know what to tell you.

And the CWM SP, I use second position and strum the RB before the YO early and make sure you focus on the chord change. And don't try to strum any of the hopos after the chords. I've never had success with 3rd because of the hopo chain afterwards, and I maybe hit it 30 percent of the time if I'm lucky.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: markallen2216
lordvader178  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkAllen1988 wrote:

Ha....

I can't believe I never thought of that. Thanks.

To TC, some of those sections you can't just instantly learn. Like you I have hit Bridge 1 just once in a real run but I havnt tried to do any better. It's just not a necesarry section for 800K.

I posted these tipsin another thread:

What The...?

Red Snake:

Solo Fill 2:

End of Twin Solo: (I know you posted you are good at it, but here is a reliable method):

Shaffx95  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkAllen1988 wrote:
If you hit everything but the sections you have listed, you could easily get 800-850K. My high score is 777K, and I didn't hit a single one of those sections, did bad on the solo, missed in solo fill 1, bridge 2, and random other sections before bridge 2. If you're consistent with Hermans solo, Sams solo, the end of twin, and can FC from Cold Winter Morning to Lost Inside and from Bridge 2 to Solo fill 2, you should be able to get closer to 900K than 800K, so I don't know what to tell you.

My high is 739k . Yeah, it's strange, sometimes my notestreak goes above 1000 (when i hit cwm), but i still don't have the 750k achievement

I will try your CWM method. If i become consistent, i will be closer to 800k, and 750k will be easy.

Thanks.

eddaket  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My high is 817k (or something like that) and I missed in a lot of sections. Cold Winter Morning, Bridge 1, SFA2, Lost Inside Lost Within, Grinding Scales, Solo Fill 2, Herman's, Sam's, Herman's 2, What The, Twin Solo, SFA3, Rampaging Dragons, You Rock...

If you can hit all but those sections you listed, you should definitely be able to hit 800k with ease.
CristianHero  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkAllen1988 wrote:

And the CWM SP, I use second position and strum the RB before the YO early and make sure you focus on the chord change. And don't try to strum any of the hopos after the chords.

^ This

Bridge I: Assuming you can hit Bridge I's trill, 21312121. The most important thing about this method is that you must play it quickly, so hit that first orange note a bit early to take advantage of the timing window.

Lost Inside, Lost Within: Just use your index and middle fingers, run them up to 4th position. This is really consistent for me.

Solo Fill II: One hand everything up until that YB trill, then tap the two blue notes in it.

Climatic Build-Up: Tap the orange note in the middle of the ziggy. It really helps.

Herman's Solo II: Hit them early or try alt-strumming through them.

What The?!?: Use Guku's method, it's really consistent.

Twin Solo: Alt-tap through both sets, or just tap the highest note for each set. If you want more in-depth methods, PM me.

Snake: Anchor green and tap the highest note.
Master-Tesuch  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: TTFAF 800k help Reply with quote

For the CWM SP, the most common method that I know of (which I use, and works consistently) is to start in first position, so you hit the RB chords with 2 and 4, then slide up for the YO chords, and use the same fingers. It takes a bit to get used to, but it really is consistent. As for the other sections....

Bridge I: You don't need to worry about this section for 800k, as long as you hit both SP's and only miss in the trill/ending, then you're fine.

Lost Inside, Lost Within: The trill is a lot easier if you use the HOPO's in the strumming, and right before the trill you anchor green. That way you can tap red with your fretting hand, and it gives you time to get your strumming hand up to the frets for the RY, YB, and BO trills. I anchor each bottom note of each trill as I play them, then after the BO trill you're already holding down GRY, so just let go of blue and elbow strum for an easy transition.

Solo Fill II: This section isn't worth tons of points, but it isn't too hard to learn either. I'll explain my method for it, but first you should remember that it is far more important to hit the SP at the start of Climactic than it is to FC Solo Fill 2. So if you think that trying to FC the section in a real run will cause you to miss the quick SP right after, then MISS IN SOLO FILL 2, and hit the SP, lol. As for Solo Fill 2, I move up to third position at the OBOYBYB, then move down the frets, and then I only tap the 2 quick blue notes right at the end. Then hit orange with your ring finger (you move back up to third position for the taps) and then you play Climactic as normal.

Climatic Build-Up: Lol, this section is just dumb. Tapping the zig zag helps lots of people, but, again, the number one priority is to hit the chord SP after the zig zag. I've had plenty of 900k runs where I missed the zig zag on purpose so I knew I would hit the chords. Try out ghosting the blue note, as was earlier suggested, but be very careful about the SP in real runs, because you really can't afford to mess that up. Missing SP's like that RUIN amazing scores, trust me. XD

Herman Solo II: Eww. I've always sucked at this section, but you can get 800k easily without hitting it, so you can just disregard the last few grace notes and focus on transitioning into What the.

What The...: This section is a pain to transition into, so I would honestly suggest not playing the last few gracenotes so that you can move into position to tap What the. That way you should FC What the almost every time, which will give more points than occasionaly hitting the grace notes too. (This idea only applies if you DON'T activate on What the, because you won't have a x8 for much of What the if you activate)

Twin Solo: It is fantastic that you can do the descending trips, so, once again, I wouldn't worry about the ascending trips very much. Focus on hitting the SP before the trips, then you can flail in the ascending trips and it won't really hurt your score.

So Far Away III: Hmm, I've never been 100% consistent with that section, but I do okay with jnukes method, so you might try that if you haven't already. Oh, and don't activate on the snake, if you don't usually hit it in real runs.

As for StarPower, I would suggest using the path that I use, since it covers most of the huge point fests in the song, but allows you to miss the hardest parts too. I'm too lazy to type out where all the activations are, though, so you can just see it here, in an old 893k vid of mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ-kkxc2TFw

The vid starts at Synth Death, but I use the same activations as the optimal path up to that point anyway. I think this path will work well for you because you are good at the end of twin, and I love activating that because those descending trips are a TON of points.

I hope all that helps! I have 916k on the song currently, so I hope my tips will be helpful to you. You seem to be a very talented player, so I'm sure that with a little more practice and a few runs, 800k will be no problem for you.

<----- One of the hardest banners to earn on ScoreHero!!! The story is pretty good anyway, go ahead, give it a try!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Master Tesuch
Shaffx95  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everybody for the help. With Tesuch's method, now i can hit "Lost Inside, Lost Within" every time. MarkAllen's method for CWM is really good too.

Also, i got "Now that's impressive" (scored 762k) playing on my friend's console. Hopefully i'll get 800k soon.

Naruto42  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol I'm exactly in your case. I sometimes hit separately parts of Twin, B1 and Sam (Herman I is now quite easy) but solo fill II is annoying, same is What The and Herman II, can't hit them. Fuck.
I'm more consistent on snake than on the end of SFA3 or than CWM though LOL. Just tapping highest notes, I have a vid in which I FC the snake around 7 times (twice in a row ftw) but I FCed SFA3 for the first time EVER after FCing the snake FOR THE SIXTH TIME !
Guess my score : 799 604 <__<

On CWM, I just can't hit the B O after the HO after the chords you're speaking about. I also have some troubles with them and the SP, but I've SOOOOOOOO much trouble with the B O (beginning of "fast" strum with HO in it). I think I'm too fast with fingers and strum the orange <_________<
Tips are greatly appreciated too =D

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naruto42 wrote:
Lol I'm exactly in your case. I sometimes hit separately parts of Twin, B1 and Sam (Herman I is now quite easy) but solo fill II is annoying, same is What The and Herman II, can't hit them. Fuck.
I'm more consistent on snake than on the end of SFA3 or than CWM though LOL. Just tapping highest notes, I have a vid in which I FC the snake around 7 times (twice in a row ftw) but I FCed SFA3 for the first time EVER after FCing the snake FOR THE SIXTH TIME !
Guess my score : 799 604 <__<

On CWM, I just can't hit the B O after the HO after the chords you're speaking about. I also have some troubles with them and the SP, but I've SOOOOOOOO much trouble with the B O (beginning of "fast" strum with HO in it). I think I'm too fast with fingers and strum the orange <_________<
Tips are greatly appreciated too =D

i've never hit the red snake and i have 860k >_>. for all of the sections you just mentioned, slide to position 3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: