Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Rant Thread II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 58, 59, 60  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can people just let the gay people get married already? I mean can it be THAT bad to make it legal? Are the people against it going to go into a tailspin of severe depression knowing there are marriages out there between two men or two women? No, it probably won't affect most of them at all. It basically boils down to this

Gay couple: "can we get married?"

Opposers: "NO!"

Gay couple: "pleeeeease?"

Opposers: "NO!"

Gay couple: "why not?"

Opposers: "because we said so!"
arvain  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THABEAST721 wrote:

I couldn't help but remember this Me gusta that song x)

But yeah, lack of argument is such a big annoyance. When it happens here, I'll let you guys know if France starts spiraling down into a civil war or something

Also, now I think a lot of people are thinking "let them get married already, enough with this!" ... wouldn't surprise me, because I've been hearing a LOT about it lately, and even I am starting to get sick of it : make it legal, and MOVE. ON.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THABEAST721 wrote:
Can people just let the gay people get married already? I mean can it be THAT bad to make it legal?

It's weird to me because I suspect that the gay vote would be closer to 50-50 if there was no institutional inequality, but this issue forces a lot of votes onto the Democratic side. Republicans would stand to gain by getting out of the way.
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
MehPlusRawr wrote:
the new rant thread is worse

Sequels never match the original.
Empire Strikes Back
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
Yewb  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kind of liking that analogy, especially considering it implies that the original Rant Thread was A New Hope.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just waiting for the Return of the Jed(i)
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon we all know the original is best. (both for star wars and rant threads)
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LCBetz wrote:

Also, fuck Wisconsin, Scott Walker and all the stupid hicks that voted for him. The recall election wasn't even that close and now the Republicans have even more momentum in this state than they already did. Damn it all.

This. As someone who wants to teach, these results made me sad.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just please, no Ewoks.
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THABEAST721 wrote:
Gay couple: "why not?"

In my experience, the usual arguement is: "TEH BIBLEZ SAID SO!!" Still doesn't make it any more valid.

Also as official copyright holder of The Rant Thread™ I am suing singe for copyright infringement, defamation, (calling the thread Son of Rant Thread sounds like you're comparing it to Son of The Mask, which was absolute shit) and having more posts than me.
Dodongo  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, for no good reason my Kindle's screen has frozen, and despite my best troubleshooting efforts, it's not changing. Now, it's no big deal, it's under warranty so I can just get a new one for free, but, well, I was looking forward to reading me some Stephen King. Deschain is one of the best characters I have had the pleasure of imagining, and I must say I'm a tad put out that I have to wait a few days to continue with the story.

More than that, I have to ring up customer services, which is always awkward because I FUCKING HATE PHONE CALLS. I don't know why, I just suck at them and everyone who knows me knows that I just don't do them. Almost every time I get asked "Are you alright? You sound depressed.". I don't mind, I'm usually fine, I guess I just sound like a loon on the phone.

Other than that, sick day I must say.

Oh yeah, and my rant from the other day. I'm a pretty big runner. I like to run, it's one of my hobbies, I've been doing it for 1.5 years now pretty constantly, and I even ran a half marathon in October in a semi-decent time (1:45-ish I think). Basically, it keeps me calm, because nothing gets stress out better than going for a nice long run with my iPod.

However, I've been getting injured more and more recently, and it's becoming more than just a coincidence. I have the "correct" shoes for my gait (which is fucking horrible, might I add), but, alas, it keeps happening, whether it be shin-splints, ankle or knee problems. The possibility that I've been doing things wrong began to creep up into my mind, untill I decided to suck it up and have a look, only to confirm my worst fears.

I've been doing it wrong. Very wrong. In fact, most people probably do. I can't be bothered explaining, but trainers are bad for your feet apparently and you should wear "neutral" shoes for running, ie flat soles and almost no cushioning. More than that, you need a short stride, less impact on the knees - which sucks, because I like to leap sort of, I'm a tall guy and my run is very long.

So, there goes my favourite hobby, as I cannot be bothered correcting myself for two months because the way you do it right just plain isn't fun. Good thing I've found a replacement: skipping. I'm one hardcore motherfucker.

R.I.P. Sikth. We Love You.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Gwylum Wii Friend Code: 429613877062
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how is gay marriage any more of a blow to "sanctity of marriage" than super public 8 day celebrity marriages or the drunken Vegas hookups that last a few months? Unless you pull an (illegal) Henry VIII you should be required to obey "til death do us part". Once that's accounted for then you can talk about sanctity of marriage.

In any case, religious beliefs should have no impact on the policies of a non-secular nation and really the "God says no!!" argument is the only one it boils down to.

I swear in twenty years we'll look back on this with the same perspective we have about the Civil Right movement of the 70s right now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we change the title of the thread? "Son of... Rant Thread!" sounds a bit choppy and, no doubt, confusing to new users. Why not do something traditional like "Rant Thread Part 2".

Also, "son" gives me a negative connotation. I can't explain it really well, but I imagine a prissy 10 year old kid obsessing over Limp Bizkit...don't ask.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: powerm3tal
toymachine  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to be 29 in 22 days
Don't have a job
Didn't get any sort of post secondary piece of paper

Don't do this kids.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
Going to be 29 in 22 days
Don't have a job
Didn't get any sort of post secondary piece of paper

Don't do this kids.

Yeah, that pretty much sums up my life and the source of most of my rants. The only difference is that I'm apparently like a month younger. Not exactly the greatest situation in the world.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 2 of 60

Jump to: