ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
XBL Games With Gold (Game of the Fortnight: Saint's Row 3)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: XBL Games With Gold (Game of the Fortnight: Saint's Row 3) Reply with quote

Games with Gold is Microsoft's promotion where they make XBLA and Games on Demand games free for about a half month. Assuming you grab them in the time they're free, they are yours forever. (Given that games on demand are mostly 4gb+ this can help you if your HDD isn't too big.)

May's games of the month are:

Now until June: Saint's Row 3

Last edited by inv4der on Sat May 17, 2014 1:49 am; edited 9 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: INV4DER
Fr0z3nD3m1s3  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel bad for Germany and Japan who get Halo Wars instead of Gears. Yeesh.

Never really heard of Shoot Many Robots. After looking at some screenshots and reviews, it seems pretty ok. Might try the demo out shortly. Already have Gears, but now I can sell it after downloading the free game on demand. So pretty much an iffy month.
disturbedfreak  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been pretty unimpressed with the games with gold, the only good game they made free is assassins creed 2 (IMO). not to sound like a PS fanboy, but i think most would agree playstation plus has a lot better free games. i mean, borderlands 2 comes out this month for free on ps3. thats freakin awesome!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 6158928254521041
Silly  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fr0z3nD3m1s3 wrote:
Feel bad for Germany and Japan who get Halo Wars instead of Gears. Yeesh.

They probably feel sorry for everyone stuck with Tears of Snore. I know I'd rather have Halo Wars for sure.

disturbedfreak wrote:
i think most would agree playstation plus has a lot better free games

Yeah, I can certainly agree with this. But at least MS are trying, I guess. Better than a kick in the balls and a middle finger, which is all they usually give their customers.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
CamelTower  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Honestly someone should have made a thread about this when the first game was made free.
Honestly thought about it, but totally forgot and never thought about it again ._.

disturbedfreak wrote:
i've been pretty unimpressed with the games with gold, the only good game they made free is assassins creed 2 (IMO). not to sound like a PS fanboy, but i think most would agree playstation plus has a lot better free games. i mean, borderlands 2 comes out this month for free on ps3. thats freakin awesome!

Halo 3 was a pretty legit game that was free recently! Fable 3 as well during the summer if I remember correctly, I recall playing through that and enjoying it
NU Grad 2015
CamelTower  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screenshot from a reddit chart I just saw, now you can feel bad about missing these games if you wanted them. (I'm pretty upset about Rainbow Six)

NU Grad 2015
disturbedfreak  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamelTower wrote:
Screenshot from a reddit chart I just saw, now you can feel bad about missing these games if you wanted them. (I'm pretty upset about Rainbow Six)

oh shit, i forgot about dead rising 2, i liked that one too lol. as for halo, i never really got into it. i'm not really an FPS guy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 6158928254521041
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defense Grid, AC2, Dead Rising, Magic, Clash of Heroes, Halo 3, Iron brigade and Gears were all decent to great games.

Fable 3 sucks balls, Crackdown was even worse. I can't believe that game got a sequel (That sucked even harder might I add) I already played R6V when it was released and didn't like it back than. A World of Keflings is horrid.

But seriously Clash of Heroes might be the best game in the bunch. Its really good and if I knew it existed I would have bought is sooner. (On my DS)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the OP now that the game has changed. Time for the many robots to be shot. Because there's not any of that in Iron Brigade.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies for missing the update for Sleeping Dogs, since that's apparently one of the most appreciated titles that's been free so far.

No idea anything about it or this coop Tomb Raider, personally though.

Also Shoot Many Robots is a very easy 200g if you picked it up and that interests you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sleeping Dogs and Lara Croft are both awesome, play them or you do stuff wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP for Dead Island being free this half-month. It's not a great game by any means, but I have had a few good weekend nights having a few drinks and slaughtering zombies with makeshift melee weapons!

Starting the 16th Toy Soldiers: Cold War will be free, I don't know anything about the game but hey it's free and I have hard drive space heh.
NU Grad 2015
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloading Dead Island today and hoping for someone to join me on a co-op run through. GT: Kemo5abe
DPooch  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget, February is short, so you guys don't have much more time to pick up Toy Soldiers: Cold War for free.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: poochz0rz
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated with the new games. Amusingly I actually owned both already. >__>

Still if anyone wants someone to play these with, I will likely be available for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: