ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero 2 - Sight Reading Competition
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabies  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Guitar Hero 2 - Sight Reading Competition Reply with quote

...as we all anxiously await GH2...I got to thinking..you know what would be really cool? A friendly sight-reading competition.

We all get the game, everybody tries the new song a first time...on whatever difficulty. It would be very cool if we could come here and plug in our scores for the very first time we every try a song...having never seen it. Pass or fail..does not matter. I seem to remember sight reading some songs on GH1 quite well way back in december when I first got the game.

This would obviously have to be a friendly competition..as there are too many ways to cheat on this.....and scores submitted would SOLEY be based on a trust basis.

In fact...it would be cool if the site could save this score...so 3 months later when you full combo it 100% blindfolded with the guitar behind your back..you can see exactly how much you improved from day 1.

..just a thought.
KetchuponEggs  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good thought! i personally like it. Can't wait to get my ass handed to me on by someone who has never even played GH, and sight-read You REally Got Me.

<Fenster> eh
<Fenster> 89 is only 7 less
<Fenster> what's 7 quite bitter beings when you already have 89
* You were kicked from #toys by Echelar (MAGIC PENIS BOX-HO)
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Toxin066 PSN Name: Toxin066
Genga  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id be up for this
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in.

Also, in the rare chance that I actually fail a song (yeah, like that will happen Mr. Green) , is that a 0 or the score that we had before failing?
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be too hard to get an accurate idea of the score before you failed.
KetchuponEggs  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, so Krim, you'll just have to write: "I failed..." three times in bold.

<Fenster> eh
<Fenster> 89 is only 7 less
<Fenster> what's 7 quite bitter beings when you already have 89
* You were kicked from #toys by Echelar (MAGIC PENIS BOX-HO)
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Toxin066 PSN Name: Toxin066
Genga  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im gonna totally noob it though cos ill start on Easy

at least ill start around the same time as you guys, well it depends how long it takes for you to ship it over
Anthony  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been planning on doing this for a while. I'm trying to upgrade my score per song number enough to where I will have a complete breakdown of my progress.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea, but I feel guilty watching the videos from E3 as I finger along (only once...)
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krimsun,

I think if you fail a song, you could give a guess at what score you were at, but the definitive "score" would be the percent you got through the song when you failed. That's what I would say anyway.

Also, I'm way game with this. Would there be a separate section to put your scores for a "first time" playthrough?

...Only three months left But then again, thay only leaves me three months to pass up Krimsun and ES... :P
ES942  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krimsunmunkeys wrote:
I'm in.

Also, in the rare chance that I actually fail a song (yeah, like that will happen Mr. Green) , is that a 0 or the score that we had before failing?

ok, first of all, you won't fail any song, trust me.

but second of all, i have and advantage, cause ive play who was in my room last night, yyz, arterial black, and psychbilly freakout. i did pretty well though. can i still be in the contest?
ES942  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Guitar Hero 2 - Sight Reading Competition Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
...as we all anxiously await GH2...I got to thinking..you know what would be really cool? A friendly sight-reading competition.

We all get the game, everybody tries the new song a first time...on whatever difficulty. It would be very cool if we could come here and plug in our scores for the very first time we every try a song...having never seen it. Pass or fail..does not matter. I seem to remember sight reading some songs on GH1 quite well way back in december when I first got the game.

This would obviously have to be a friendly competition..as there are too many ways to cheat on this.....and scores submitted would SOLEY be based on a trust basis.

In fact...it would be cool if the site could save this score...so 3 months later when you full combo it 100% blindfolded with the guitar behind your back..you can see exactly how much you improved from day 1.

..just a thought.

sorry about the dobule posts, but can we leave photo proof out of this?
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:
ok, first of all, you won't fail any song, trust me.

Um, you failed Psychobilly Freakout. Even with 3 more months to prepare, I'll be concerned about it until I see it for myself.

And yeah, photo proof is too much for the first time. It would probably take 3 hours to upload all the pics on my slow-ass computer.
rabies  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Guitar Hero 2 - Sight Reading Competition Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:

sorry about the dobule posts, but can we leave photo proof out of this?

absolutely. PhotoProof would be worthless...there is no way you can prove that it was NOT your 2nd, 3rd or even 50th try at the song.
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen. I love all you guys, who cares about anything? I love Krimsun. I love ES. I love Rabies. But Krimsun, did you play it at E3? Or how did you play it all already? (Same for you ES)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: