ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHWT and Windows 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashmedia  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject: GHWT and Windows 10 Reply with quote

After who knows how many years, I broke out the old Guitar Hero World Tour kit and hooked it up. I installed the disk, got ready to play, and noticed it refused to boot the game no matter what I did. After doing some digging, I found someone saying to try a hex editing method. I did that, and now the game WILL boot, but only if Bluetooth is turned all the way off in Windows 10.

The game will load into the menus and presumably play a song just fine (youll see why I cant get past the menus here soon). However, if I alt-tab out of the game, turn on Bluetooth, and then return to the game; it still appears to be working fine. I can scroll around in the menus with the keyboard without issue. As soon as my guitar connects to my PC though, the game immediately crashes without an error. I have tried with the only two guitars I own that are PC compatible (PS4 RB4 strat, Wii GHWT touch strip guitar). I also tried using Joy2Key (which I use for GH3 without issue) but I cant even get that to work as the guitar connecting still crashes the game before I even push a button.

Any idea how to get this to work? Im aware this game is very old and wasnt very stable when it first released, but I have to believe that this game isnt completely useless in 2019.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: