ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Game/Guitar Compatibility Guide (Updated 11/20)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AtomskMC  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe sometime in the future, but for now I'll only be getting GH3 - I can't afford both at the moment, unfortunately.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: AtomskPS
xeroxgp  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, sad news, but that's why you had to sell your other stuff, to secure GHIII for ya. Will you be online?

If so, may I shred with you in the near future, and maybe become bandmates in the later future.

I don't know about you, but I like where they're headed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: XeroXGP PSN Name: Conlin
mReaL  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any clue why the Les Paul and Fender guitars don't have cross compatability on the 360? And If it is not achieved by launch is it something that a driver update could correct?
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Deadbolt79 PSN Name: DeadBolt3
AtomskMC  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I'll definitely be playing online. Looking forward to going head-to-head with some SHers (don't worry, I suck ) or maybe even play some online co-op.

By the way, I updated the chart with PC/Mac systems since they've been announced (but only to say that we know nothing about them ) just for the sake of completeness.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: AtomskPS
AtomskMC  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mReaL wrote:
Any clue why the Les Paul and Fender guitars don't have cross compatability on the 360? And If it is not achieved by launch is it something that a driver update could correct?

Because they're being made by two completely different (and competing) companies - Harmonix is making the Fender for Rock Band and RedOctane's making the Les Paul for Neversoft's GH3.

Harmonix have expressed interest in wanting to have the guitars be cross-compatible, but we have no idea whether Neversoft (or rather, their parent Activision) shares the same desire or not. If they do, the guitars will no doubt be cross-compatible. However, if they choose not to share with Harmonix then there's nothing that can be done about it. This is all in the first post, by the way.
Pcowperthwaite  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm that is disappointing I coulda swore I heard that the Les Paul would work with RB. I guess I was mistaken.
AtomskMC  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pcowperthwaite wrote:
Hmm that is disappointing I coulda swore I heard that the Les Paul would work with RB. I guess I was mistaken.

Yep, a lot of people misread Alex's statement and thought that all GH controllers would work on Rock Band, but he only said that all existing guitars (as in, the guitars for GH1/2/80s) would work - nothing about the GH3 guitars, which makes sense, since they probably can't get their hands on them to make sure they work with the game like they can with the older guitars. It's really up to Activision/Neversoft.
mReaL  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, I had thought of getting rid of an explorer. I can't wait to play online w/ SH players. None of my friends can play above medium.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Deadbolt79 PSN Name: DeadBolt3
Pcowperthwaite  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I understand that. I just thought it had been more recently confirmed. Again, my mistake.
AtomskMC  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pcowperthwaite wrote:
No I understand that. I just thought it had been more recently confirmed. Again, my mistake.

No problem - I could have missed it, but as far as I know my info is up to date. If you find anything I'm missing be sure to let me know.
Pcowperthwaite  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's only a few SHers I talk to off the forums. I'll ask around tonight and get back to you.

I'm going to own so many plastic guitars I can feel it.
Mintrude  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mentioned A Wii version for RB on the compatibility chart. Are you sure one's been confirmed.
AtomskMC  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, when asked about the Wii way back, Alex Rigopulos said:

"Absolutely, we will at some time bring Rock Band to every console of significance and in doing so we will customize and tailor the play experience to take into account the weakness of the console and the strengths of the consoles. I think (the Wii) is something that holds enormous potential for music games."

So I'd say from that quote that it will definitely get Rock Band, it's just a matter of when. Unless there's been some sort of statement since that says they're no longer planning on a Wii release, but I haven't heard anything of the sort.
Barfo  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtomskMC wrote:
nothing about the GH3 guitars, which makes sense, since they probably can't get their hands on them to make sure they work with the game like they can with the older guitars. It's really up to Activision/Neversoft.

I doubt either company wants to share their product before its released. I dont think its fair to dump it all on Neversoft (maybe activision tho). Its not like HMX is saying that they want the fender to work in GH3 and the Les Paul to work in RB and they sent over to neversoft copies of both so taht they can check the compatibility (or even that they offered a trade of controller technologies but that activision/RO/Nsft refused it). I talked personally with some Neversoft guys (back in july) sort of casually and their attitude was yeah sure we have no particular reason why we would try to prevent the strat from working on our game or keep the les paul from workign on RB but right now (then) its sort of empty talk - HMX hadnt exactly sent them a strat controller in order to test out and ensure that it worked, nor did they have clearance to just send over a Les Paul, RO was in charge of the hardware. If i was them, id be a bit narked that HMX seems to be setting them (just the developer who isn't involved in the controller design directly anyways) up to get blamed specifically for whatever cross compatibility issues are goign to crop up but i'd also be polite enough to not to make a big deal about it.

But thats only one side of the story, and before anything liek that (exchanging technology) could happen both publishers would have to meet and work out some sort of highly unusual (nay unprecedented) deal to share technology pre-release with their closest competitor. It would be like Sony saying 'we'd like the Sixaxis to work as an alternate controller on the Wii, and the wiimote on the PS3, so if Nintendo doesnt do it then its their fault. Now who knows where the stall-up is, since if any negotiations like that had even occured they would be (or are still) secret and there would be no way for us to know what the real situation is. its just as likely that those are ideas that are mutaully opposed by both publishers as by just activision, until somebody wants to go on record as to exactly where the negotiations broke down (what deals were offered by each side, and what the terms that eventually couldnt be agreed on were), i dont think it is fair to blame it on one side or another, as i would think it would be naive for either side to share their technology with their closest competitor (in the business space, even though many die hard fans will buy both) and its pretty easy to blow smoke and then not take any action but there isnt enough evidence to really tell what actually went on here. If i ever had a chance to interview somebody from HMX/MTV thats defintiely a line of questioning i would be interested if they wanted to reveal any more of.
AtomskMC  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Harmonix have publicly stated that they think cross-compatibility is important and that they will try to make the GH controllers work with Rock Band as best as possible, and that if Neversoft asked them, they'd be happy to make the Fenders compatible with GH as well.

I'm not blaming Neversoft for any lack of news or anything, all I'm saying is that we haven't heard anything public from Neversoft in response. Now, for all we know maybe Neversoft is talking to Harmonix but just hasn't mentioned it publicly - or, for all we know perhaps Harmonix have made no real attempt to talk to Neversoft about the controllers at all.

I couldn't possibly begin to guess, so I'm not pointing blame. I just can't help but feel that if Neversoft is interested in cross-compatibility too, then all they'd have to do is get in touch with Harmonix (who have already publicly stated they'd like to cooperate) so the ball is "in their court" so to speak. Who knows - maybe it's just that neither company wants to be the first to approach the other.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: