SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Walkthrough: Playing GH3 PC with PS2 Guitar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
airguitar  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ did the oemname technique work?

i fixed the whammy bar problem with joytokey + super joy box 3 pro just as swulm posted.
Beerus  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the 360 X-Plorer guitar and when I try to play the PC version, I can navigate the menus fine, but when I go to play a song, or enter a cheat, the buttons are all messed up. Green and Blue are always held down and orange and red are assigned to other buttons and pressing them will also strum. Nothing else works except start. Yes, I've tried using Joy2Key and installing the Microsoft controller driver, it still won't work. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

airguitar wrote:

i fixed the whammy bar problem with joytokey + super joy box 3 pro just as swulm posted.

Nope.. I'm sooo sad.. It must look for something specific at Gh3 startup..

It would require some hex skills to see really what it's looking for..

Till then, no coop joy for me..
swulm  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: 360 Xplorer Reply with quote

I was under the original assumption that the XBox 360 controller was natively supported on the PC version, but I was incorrect. You need the XBox Controller Driver from Microsoft.

I know you can search Microsoft's site for it, not sure if they charge or not.
Slim  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, old thread I know but it kinda fits here!

Right the story is I'm lucky enough to have a working copy of rock band in Ireland for the PS3. thing is I have an old black Gibson SG from the PS2, and recently got a PS2 to PS3 adapter to try it out with. The adapter works fine for normal controllers so I know it works, and when I connect it to my Vista PC with the SG it'll register. I don't have GH on the PC yet so I can't test with that, but I'm wondering if any of you know a way to get the PS3 to recognize it as a guitar as at the moment it'll only regognize it as a controller? The orange button seems to be x, with the strummer working as up and down. Select and start seem to be ok, with both of them held down acting as the PS button. Whammy seems to be up as well, but none of the other buttons do anything. All my GH games are Xbox 360 or PS2. Would a Kramer wireless work on the PS3 better like others have said (with the hold start and select and strum down trick)? Sorry for the long post was really hoping to get some full band rocking going on!
ToaRabin  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a $12 Radio Shack PS2/USB adapter. While it detects the Dualshock 2 just fine, it ignores my white/red GHIII SG. Anyone know how to make it recognize my SG's button presses? (I want to use it with Fretbuzz and Max/MSP, not GHIIIPC, though)
-Rabin
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slim wrote:

Right the story is I'm lucky enough to have a working copy of rock band in Ireland for the PS3. thing is I have an old black Gibson SG from the PS2, and recently got a PS2 to PS3 adapter to try it out with. The adapter works fine for normal controllers so I know it works, and when I connect it to my Vista PC with the SG it'll register. I don't have GH on the PC yet so I can't test with that, but I'm wondering if any of you know a way to get the PS3 to recognize it as a guitar as at the moment it'll only regognize it as a controller? The orange button seems to be x, with the strummer working as up and down. Select and start seem to be ok, with both of them held down acting as the PS button. Whammy seems to be up as well, but none of the other buttons do anything. All my GH games are Xbox 360 or PS2. Would a Kramer wireless work on the PS3 better like others have said (with the hold start and select and strum down trick)? Sorry for the long post was really hoping to get some full band rocking going on!

The Kramer will work better on PS3 with that trick. Although, I don't know how the PAL compatible controllers may differ from NTSC controllers. Is your PS3 PAL or NTSC?

ToaRabin wrote:
I just got a $12 Radio Shack PS2/USB adapter. While it detects the Dualshock 2 just fine, it ignores my white/red GHIII SG. Anyone know how to make it recognize my SG's button presses? (I want to use it with Fretbuzz and Max/MSP, not GHIIIPC, though)
-Rabin

The info you need is in the big link in my sig.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
ToaRabin  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already checked that resource, and it has not helped me much. I can connect my SG controller to my computer physically, but my computer is not detecting the button presses at all. Everything I've heard about the Radio Shack adapter says that it works without whammy, but that is not the case for me.

-Rabin
ton900  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done wrote:
Bpower wrote:

Ok, now I was thinking to try this trick for Guitar Hero on the PC with a PS2 Guitar Controller, the only problem is that I don't know the OEMName of the PC Guitar Controller, so I can't test this. My question is if anyone of you here got the PC version of Guitar Hero 3 with the USB Guitar, (Xbox360 controller is also fine) so that he can give me the OEMName of USB Guitar that works fine with the PC version.

I got the PC version and my guitar is listed as:

Guitar Hero X-plorer (Controller)

Just try if its working with this OEMName....

I change OEMName to "Guitar Hero X-plorer (Controller)" then Game Controller in Controll Panel is change too.
But GH3 PC can't detect guitar controller (it's keyboard only.)
have you try this "Bpower" if your ps2 guitar is work please tell me
lockyvamp  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all, this is my firs time in forum, befor sorry for my bad english but Im mexicam, i only study in high school jeje, i bought a frontman for PS2 because in mexico is hard to find the PC guitar or the xbox 360 without the game, my question is, can the frontman put in analog like the krammer?, ty for all
phantomlord73  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParanoidAI wrote:
airguitar wrote:

Nope.. I'm sooo sad.. It must look for something specific at Gh3 startup..

It would require some hex skills to see really what it's looking for..

Till then, no coop joy for me..

Hello!
I just noticed that GH3 for PC indeed detects my PS2 Wireless kramer + Super Dual Box Pro if I press Gutar buttons before touching any key anything at the keyboard when the game boots, this is even without joykey running!
The real problem at this stage is, the button mappings are incorrect (not surprising).
Since the Super Dual Box Pro driver allows button remapping natively, does anybody knows the correct button names on an original GH3 USB Guitar? Maybe going into the Joystick control panel with the guitar plugged in, press each button and report it here?
Thanks.
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swulm wrote:
Ok, I am crazy, because I think I got it.

I mapped in GH3 for PC, the Whammy to Right-Alt.

Then, I went into the TigerGame Controller Adapter, and switched the Controller Mode to Analog. Then, When I depressed the Whammy, The Test Box on the right moved left.

Now, In JoytoKey, I went to preferences, and Checked the box marked: "Use Axises other than X and Y"

Now, Went back to Joysticks, found Axis3(0) and mapped this to Right-Alt.

Bingo. Got Whammy!!!! I have the FrontMan Guitar for PS2, and everything now works.

I wish I had seen this before this post, I knew this would work great.

When I wired up my mame cabinet, I used a ps2 joystick, and MAME refused to use the HAT controls for my ps2 joystick as directions. I checked Use Axises other than X and Y, and was able to program MAME just fine.
comealot  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the Wireless Guitar Controllers?I personally mapped the keys with the JoytoKey program,but the GHIII didn't recognised it!
xbillax  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I'm using the 80's SG guitar for GH3 PC, and everything works perfectly, except the whammy

Actually, I have no idea how to make it work lol, is there anyone that can help me with this problem?
GH5 00/85 - GHVH 00/47 - GHWoR 00/93 - GHL 00/42
TheMagician  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xbillax wrote:
Hi! I'm using the 80's SG guitar for GH3 PC, and everything works perfectly, except the whammy

Actually, I have no idea how to make it work lol, is there anyone that can help me with this problem?

Try this one: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56434
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: