ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Most Impulsive Expert Guide Ever
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zsjostrom35  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo wrote:
...another bit that probably isn't very necessary for the guide, but I'll throw it out anyways.

Anyways, it deals with hitting the second trill in the solo, and it's quite similar to brockofballs that you have listed in there, but it might be different enough to warrent a mention, I'm not too sure (if you're going for more detail then I think this should fit in. :P Anyways!)

You actually have to wonder whether I'm interested in more detail? This thing is already over 20 pages long

Anyway, it's up now. While it is similar to brockbfballs' method, the elimination of the need to shift up to third position warrants its own space. Thanks again!
Téa: (Thinking) Look at him undressing me with his eyes! I wonder what he's thinking...
Yami: (Thinking) MAN, I hate milkshakes! (Squeezes milkshake cup) Die, milkshake, die! That's right, milkshake: you have been defeated! Now you go to milkshake prison!
My guides: BIF 5* | Most Impulsive Expert Guide Ever | Guide to Writing Guides | NfMH 5* | Practice Mode | My Curse FC | GH3 Co-op Squeezing
Proud Christian

Last edited by zsjostrom35 on Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
LOLadin  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malchia wrote:
Wow, thanks for the guide, I'm close to FC'ing this right now.

Just 1 question though: I can't hit the "Indescribably Beautiful Solo"'s trills from 2nd position, nor 3rd, but I can FC them on 4th....is that good?

ALSO HOW IN THE WORLD CAN LO7 FC THOSE TRILLS FROM 2ND POSITION?!?!?!?

:P I usually FC that part every time if I'm not busy talking or not paying attention. I have more trouble with the short red snake in the beginning than this as I've never hit that or the "yellow snake". It's not hard =/ I haven't even passed BIF yet and I thought it was pretty easy. I took the idea from a friend at church who said it was impossible to hit without tapping so I took the idea and rolled with it and I got it only a few runs of the song.

The way I learned it was just to barely pick your pinky up of the orange and then immediately putting it back down.

@OP very nice guide. Has given me the hope to attempt to tap the "yellow snake". One of the best guides I've read by far.
Kyuukyuu  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So some guy brought GH3 to school the other day and I played through it (FCed it too, yay). When I got to the little hammer-on sequence at the end of Sweetest Chords Ever (the part that goes like ), one of the guys watching said "wow, that's where I usually miss" and a few other people agreed. Before I started working on this FC, that section used to trip me up all the time, so what I did was group them into threes:

| | | (slide)

And that allowed me to hit it with pretty much 100% accuracy. I'm not sure if anybody even ever has problems with this part (maybe my school is just weird) or if it's just that the yellow snake and psychotic breakdown overshadow this part, but just thought I'd add my .02.
zsjostrom35  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyuukyuu wrote:
So some guy brought GH3 to school the other day and I played through it (FCed it too, yay). When I got to the little hammer-on sequence at the end of Sweetest Chords Ever (the part that goes like ), one of the guys watching said "wow, that's where I usually miss" and a few other people agreed. Before I started working on this FC, that section used to trip me up all the time, so what I did was group them into threes:

| | | (slide)

And that allowed me to hit it with pretty much 100% accuracy. I'm not sure if anybody even ever has problems with this part (maybe my school is just weird) or if it's just that the yellow snake and psychotic breakdown overshadow this part, but just thought I'd add my .02.

I'd say this is one of the three or four hardest parts of the song (the breakdown and the snake are pretty clearly #1 and #2, while the fast trill is debatable at #3 or #4). I've always looked at it as

| |

where each section represents my index finger on a different fret. I think it helps with the anchoring to look at it that way. Any idea why the triplets work for you?
Téa: (Thinking) Look at him undressing me with his eyes! I wonder what he's thinking...
Yami: (Thinking) MAN, I hate milkshakes! (Squeezes milkshake cup) Die, milkshake, die! That's right, milkshake: you have been defeated! Now you go to milkshake prison!
My guides: BIF 5* | Most Impulsive Expert Guide Ever | Guide to Writing Guides | NfMH 5* | Practice Mode | My Curse FC | GH3 Co-op Squeezing
Proud Christian
Kyuukyuu  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I used to think of it like that and anchor, but I'd always miss in the transition from middle finger on yellow to index finger on red =\
danpsfx  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Most Impulsive Expert Guide Ever Reply with quote

2_4_2_1_1_3_2_1_1 3 2 1 1 3 2 1 13211321132

This is my (strange) method of hitting funkiest riff,
I basically anchor red with my left index finger,
alt-tap with my right index and middle fingers on yellow,
hit the oranges with my left 3rd finger.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: