ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Activision and Logitech collaborate on new GH:WT controllers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xXDarkie-KunXx  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AzZ wrote:
they better not make this guitar as bad as my xplorer...

If the Xplorer is so bad, why did mines last over the years with nothing on it except scratches?
orcaloverbri9  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people think detachable necks can't work? It's just a connector. Nothing more, nothing less. Yes it's big, but it's really just a device with a connector. If such things are so unreliable, how have PS/2 keyboards and mice worked for so long? Why aren't they randomly missing mouse clicks and keystrokes? How about video? Do very many VGA and DVI cords miss random pixels?

Hell, how about your precious SG? Guess what it uses to connect to the PS2...a connector! Yes, that's right, functionally speaking, there is virtually no difference between plugging the neck of your guitar into the body and plugging an SG into a PS2.

As for recreating the SG...you know there's a lawsuit, right?

Use your heads people. Detachable necks can be made reliable. From what I've head, the Wii Les Paul already works great! But, of course, detachable necks automatically mean it's a piece of shit, right?

I know most people are just idiots and don't know anything about electronics, but maybe I can enlighten at least one person: detachable necks can work. And based on the number of exchanges RO had to make, expect them to.

By the way, the World Tour guitar has a detachable neck.
N.T.F.  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXDarkie-KunXx wrote:
AzZ wrote:
they better not make this guitar as bad as my xplorer...

If the Xplorer is so bad, why did mines last over the years with nothing on it except scratches?

Me too, and my dream guitar would be SG strum bar+Xplorer frets+razorback body.
tRiViUm256  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logitech making GH controllers?! It's a dream come true!
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, news about a GH game that I actually got excited about, since GH2 coming out.

I <333 Logitech with everything in me, they make the absolute best keyboards and mice. I can't wait to see what they do with guitars.
Whitt333  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orcaloverbri9 wrote:
Why do people think detachable necks can't work? It's just a connector. Nothing more, nothing less. Yes it's big, but it's really just a device with a connector. If such things are so unreliable, how have PS/2 keyboards and mice worked for so long? Why aren't they randomly missing mouse clicks and keystrokes? How about video? Do very many VGA and DVI cords miss random pixels?

Hell, how about your precious SG? Guess what it uses to connect to the PS2...a connector! Yes, that's right, functionally speaking, there is virtually no difference between plugging the neck of your guitar into the body and plugging an SG into a PS2.

Use your heads people. Detachable necks can be made reliable. From what I've head, the Wii Les Paul already works great! But, of course, detachable necks automatically mean it's a piece of shit, right?

I know most people are just idiots and don't know anything about electronics, but maybe I can enlighten at least one person: detachable necks can work. And based on the number of exchanges RO had to make, expect them to.

The point is it DOESNT WORK. If they are going to make detachable necks make them RIGHT OR DON'T MAKE THEM AT ALL.

The reason people don't want detachable necks is because RO already showed us that they failed at it once and we have lost trust in them. Go logitech!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything will be better than any PS3 guitar

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
Kr0oked  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats sick, also......bahh logitech?? i had 2 of my mouses for my computer die by logitech but w/e i guess just badluck.

700k on TTFAF [685k]
FC Sleeping Giant [x]
600k on One [x]
FC NoTB [-1 -.-]
600k on TDWDTG [540k]
400k on Slash Battle [360k]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Kr0oked
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kr0oked wrote:
thats sick, also......bahh logitech?? i had 2 of my mouses for my computer die by logitech but w/e i guess just badluck.

It must be bad luck. I have never had a logitech mouse die on me once, my MX-518 is still gaming away since 2003.
Guitarheroshero  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orcaloverbri9 wrote:

Ive owned 2 LPs so far and both have had problems with the detachable neck. The first one never worked properly. The second one has work for almost a year but now its screwing up.

Oh and there is a BIG difference between plugging the cord into the ps2 and sticking the neck into the body. Plugging the cord into the ps2 is very firm and your not moving your hand all over it and pressing buttons. The neck is not firm and your are moving your hand all over it and pressing buttons.

But I have hard wired my neck and it works great. It is now the perfect controller.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess that the ps3 controller will be good, and possible to play gh3 with, so i dont need to swap in my gh3 game, bcuz the controller suxx. i mean. i got more points on RaBl by using my SixAxis then with the guitar.
ghvoodoo  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verathis wrote:
Look forward to seeing what Logitech can do with these controllers.

pangbulle wrote:
I wonder how long this genre can go on releasing new controllers, surely the "perfect controller" will be made at some point?

I'd say the SGs were pretty perfect. The only thing that I like about the Les Pauls over the SGs is the faceplates. The Les Pauls are horrible in quality. I'm on my second Les Paul after getting my first one a month ago. The first one's strum bar broke and the second one is breaking. I'm not rough at all on these either. I was rougher on the SGs (and the Kramer too, which was good), and they lasted me over a year.

I agree the SGs(red) were the perfect guitars.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: VooDoo678
Cam101  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wi me having to g through about 15 returns wit the les paul, i hopethis doesn't dissapoint again. Just dont put a detachable neck, and put the start and select where we can reach them!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitt333 wrote:
The point is it DOESNT WORK. If they are going to make detachable necks make them RIGHT OR DON'T MAKE THEM AT ALL.

The reason people don't want detachable necks is because RO already showed us that they failed at it once and we have lost trust in them. Go logitech!

Okay, you almost have a point there. However, as I said, I fully expect them to get it right this time, considering the cost of all the replacements last time. Think of it from a business standpoint. We know RO can make good controllers. They want to keep replacement costs down.

Guitarheroshero wrote:
Ive owned 2 LPs so far and both have had problems with the detachable neck. The first one never worked properly. The second one has work for almost a year but now its screwing up.

Oh and there is a BIG difference between plugging the cord into the ps2 and sticking the neck into the body. Plugging the cord into the ps2 is very firm and your not moving your hand all over it and pressing buttons. The neck is not firm and your are moving your hand all over it and pressing buttons.

But I have hard wired my neck and it works great. It is now the perfect controller.

No, there isn't a BIG difference. There are plenty of very secure connectors out there. VGA and DVI screw in. Ethernet has a tab to prevent it from being pulled out. The MagSafe connector on Apple laptops is almost impossible to pull straight out. Hell, my phone charger and my iPod USB cord can handle that kind of abuse!

Again, RO may have screwed up with these connectors, but you can't use it as an indication of the future. My point is that they can (and very likely will) be made reliable. I'm not saying they will get it right, I'm just saying that the potential is there, and it's 100% within RO's ability. And that it's in their best interests.
PuddingMix  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoboTheHobo wrote:
*Begins praying for no detachable neck*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: