ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Demon(s) Solo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
booyakasha128  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Demon(s) Solo Reply with quote

The "These Guys Practiced!" section obviously. So uhh, how do you do this? <_< It's simple but god it's so fast, I slide for the greens, staying in second position, and tap the high notes but doing this at full speed is hand cramping and hard to do. Am I just going to have to practice (hurr, section title pun) or are there any fingering tips you guys can give?

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: booyakasha128
SpoonPerson245  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the first part I use all four fingers in the 1st position, and tap all the with my tapping finger

1 2 3 4 3 2 1 2 3 4 3 2 1 2 3 1 3 2 1

Parama  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two methods for each "section" of the solo

4 3 2 1 1______1 1 2 3 4 3 1 3 4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but does anyone else feel that purple notes somehow constrict this section a little bit? I feel like I should be hitting stuff that I'm not holding combo on, especially in the

part.
SpoonPerson245  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HungrySanta wrote:
I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but does anyone else feel that purple notes somehow constrict this section a little bit? I feel like I should be hitting stuff that I'm not holding combo on, especially in the

part.

You're not alone I feel thought that i could easily get a 99%, if not and FC on Scatterbrain, but the purple note intro won't let me.
I've even heard that the Wii has fixed this problem for GH5, so instead I'll try that new "All HoPo" cheat and see what it does

juwarnke  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonPerson245 wrote:
I've even heard that the Wii has fixed this problem for GH5, so instead I'll try that new "All HoPo" cheat and see what it does

I play on the wii and even i can hit the scatterbrain intro about 75% of the time (i tap the oranges). However i have never hit the ziggy towards the middle of the song (though thats probly just cuz i suck)
SpoonPerson245  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juwarnke wrote:
SpoonPerson245 wrote:

I play on the wii and even i can hit the scatterbrain intro about 75% of the time (i tap the oranges). However i have never hit the ziggy towards the middle of the song (though thats probly just cuz i suck)

Which ziggy thing? If you mean the CoD intro solo b type thing, then LOL because that the part i'm really consistent with, and the intro is what's murdering me I'll try it with HS 4-5 , watching WulFe79's video is what made me think i could FC it.

booyakasha128  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonPerson245 wrote:
juwarnke wrote:
SpoonPerson245 wrote:

Which ziggy thing? If you mean the CoD intro solo b type thing, then LOL because that the part i'm really consistent with, and the intro is what's murdering me I'll try it with HS 4-5 , watching WulFe79's video is what made me think i could FC it.

He probably means the really fast sweep in....Groove B? I think. I have some trouble with that too for the same reason, can't seem to go fast enough. Maybe tapping is actually slipping me up, i'll give the ol' one hand a shot in a while.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: booyakasha128
juwarnke  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

booyakasha128 wrote:
SpoonPerson245 wrote:
juwarnke wrote:
SpoonPerson245 wrote:

He probably means the really fast sweep in....Groove B? I think. I have some trouble with that too for the same reason, can't seem to go fast enough. Maybe tapping is actually slipping me up, i'll give the ol' one hand a shot in a while.

Yup thats the section. It's just a little to fast for me to move my hand accurately
fudrick  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonPerson245 wrote:
I'll try that new "All HoPo" cheat and see what it does

Wait, they have this? Does it change all notes to hopos or just sliders?

ddrsensation  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before the sweeps, there's actually a 2NC, . What you COULD do, is drop the note early, and hold down with your left hand. Tap the blue and oranges in the sweeps, and when it turns into the pattern below, one hand it.

You COULD tap it, (I've tried, and suceeded), but this method has been most consistent for me, although in my video where I actually FCed the song, I one hand the whole thing, switching to 2nd position and using my pointer finger on my left hand to hit any greens. Using my pinky to hit the orange on the descending triplets.

That's just my method though.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 6027399410921283
StefanAlfons  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fudrick wrote:
SpoonPerson245 wrote:
I'll try that new "All HoPo" cheat and see what it does

Wait, they have this? Does it change all notes to hopos or just sliders?

I don't what about the sliders, but it changes every other note to a ho/po except there are 2 or more notes, like
Then the first is a hp/po, but the others are not.

- Gettin' to it.
Parmesean97  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neither slider thing in scatterbrain is "too" fast, but i tap the intro part's oranges and its way harder than the later on groove part for me. I traditionally FC the rest of the purples, the cliffs of dover shit kills me too.

BACK ON TOPIC, the Demon(s) solo i actually hit in practice, its not that hard, but its retardedly fast, they really did practice! You basically have to memorize the pattern and then hit what you remember, dont rely on the highway too much cuz of the weird slider window. That helps me loads!

http://www.youtube.com/user/ZionalQuadrophenic Lulz no vids, but add as a friend!
mandrill  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ddrsensation wrote:
Before the sweeps, there's actually a 2NC, . What you COULD do, is drop the note early, and hold down with your left hand. Tap the blue and oranges in the sweeps, and when it turns into the pattern below, one hand it.

You COULD tap it, (I've tried, and suceeded), but this method has been most consistent for me, although in my video where I actually FCed the song, I one hand the whole thing, switching to 2nd position and using my pointer finger on my left hand to hit any greens. Using my pinky to hit the orange on the descending triplets.

That's just my method though.

I've experienced that the middle part:

is the hardest. Tapping outside of it is somewhat pointless, unless you're very confident with tapping ofcourse. I found it easiest just to one-hand it in 2nd position. It's just a matter of speed and focusing on keeping the tempo up throught the whole section.
Complete sightread marathon of GH5 [checked, took 12 hours]
Follow my preparations for WCG Grand Finals in Chengdu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: