ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Cowboys from hell
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juste119  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Cowboys from hell Reply with quote

How the hell are you supposed to beat that song on expert. I have beaten BATM and The Breaking wheel, but i still cant beat CFH. In all the other difficulties BATM was harder than all of them but now its like CFH is harder.i just can't do that wierd thing at the begginging were it keeps switching between the two notes. than when i do get passed that i would fail later in the song when that part comes up again. i have been trying to beat this song for so long and still can't.
Atremains  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're talking about the very first riff, 1 2 1 2 3 2 3 2 4 2 3 2 3 4 5

play the 5th note (yellow) with your middle finger
In other words, slide up

And if you're already doing that
practice
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:20 AM): XD
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:35 AM): too bad your elbow doesnt have a finger to push select
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:57 AM): the next evolution of man : the elbow finger
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this very difficult to learn as well.

The key to passing the song is being able to play the riff which is repeated many times throughout the song. I played around with different places to slide my hand up and found that I prefer to switch on the 4th note with my pointer finger.

Try different fingering methods and see which works best for you and practice it many times. Once you're able to play this riff with some consistency, use your star power for the hard parts of the solo, and the song really isn't as bad as it seems (to pass it). Getting a high score and maintaining streaks is another issue, I still need practice myself as I only have 3-stars on it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate this song! I love this song!

I was playing today, and got up to 96%. I know that the stretch between 90% and 100% is not really any more difficult than most of the rest of the song, so I should be able to beat it soon. Still though, that sucks almost as much as BaTM... a few days ago I got up to 99%; I died 3 notes from the end. I was happy that I had gotten so far, but was pissed that I hadn't made it just 3 more notes.

I'll get these songs soon

edit: got 'em!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Study, prayer and rest seems to be the best way for me so far.

I can get 85 percent now but after a few tries I get fairly tired and lack the will to go on.

Getting the Pope to bless your guitar would also be helpful
ninjafetus  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the runs look at this:
Code:

note
2323[b]42[/b]324232345
fingers

That 42 on the fingers is the key part for me. As for the rest of the song, I think the little fast up and downs in the middle of the repeated chord sections are the hardest, but I'm getting better at them. I hit them more often if I feel like I'm rushing the first part of it a little (holding the middle note so that the top one hammers) and strumming the rest.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the parts near the end that are primarily: Blue-Yellow-Green-Green (repeated), I find it easiest to have my four fingers sitting on red->orange and just shifting down to green real fast and back up -- it's less painful and more consistent to play.
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in that part i just have my middle finger on yellow, ring on blue, index on green, then work with that. But then again, i have longer fingers so it doesn't phase me to like have like index on green, and like ring on orange, it's all a matter of what you feel comfortable left.
schizophrenulum  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sucked so bad at this song until I figured out the perfect place to move my hand during that main riff. I don't move my hand until the very last note, the orange fret button. After that one, you have a few seconds to move your hand back into position to start the riff over, so you won't get confused by having to slide in the middle of the riff. I've adopted this strategy for every song in the game, and it works pretty well so far: don't move your hand until you need to. With a few exceptions, this cuts down on the biggest weakness I have in the game, which is forgetting for a second where my hand is and playing the wrong notes.

Also, the timing gets a little confusing right at the beginning of that riff. At first, you're going from a lower note to a higher one on an off-beat, but, after three notes you switch to higher-to-lower (or lower-to-higher on the beat). To avoid getting confused, I leave my index finger on green for the first four notes, and then on the fourth note I leave my middle finger on red (kind of a ground note), lifting up my index finger so I know that red is now the ground note. For the rest of them, it's just hitting a higher note, then back to red, then the next higher note, then back to red, then the slide up to orange after hitting blue. Remember that you don't have to keep blue held down while you're sliding. This will, in fact, probably cause you to miss a note. It's more of a jump than a slide; release pressure while still keeping the tip of your finger on the button, then hop on over to the next button and reapply pressure.

Now, if anyone can shed any light on the BYRRYBYRR part in the verse, I'm all ears. I'm lucky to hit that once or twice per song.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sometimes if you can "fell" that part of the riff, it helps. Like, for me at least, i do a kinda nerdy thing and like throw my head into the direction of the riff
Atremains  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone beat my highscore on my birthday
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:20 AM): XD
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:35 AM): too bad your elbow doesnt have a finger to push select
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:57 AM): the next evolution of man : the elbow finger
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found this today while playing it on hard, then trying it on expert. It's actually easier to get that little scale part of the verse if you move your fingers so that index is on red, and so forth. once it's done, just slide your finger from the last red to green and press down yellow again with ring like normal, lather rinse, repeat.
schizophrenulum  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried it that way too, with about the same success rate. I'm probably never going to do any better than my current high score in that song.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's is still a tough song for me. I don't know how I beat it. I just happened to pop in the game one day and CFH was the first song I choose. I started playing and zoned out. Next thing I know, I completed the song... Barely

My only tip for this song is to bob your head or tap your foot to the beat.
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only wish my hair was long enough to sling around like Pantera did back in like 1991. whenever i play just for fun, i'm there screwing around, slinging my head, headbanging, guitar crotch rocket for star power....it's quite embarrassing actually
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: