ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The ScoreHero Wiki
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elx  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

louster200 wrote:
Tbad556 wrote:
louster200 wrote:
I can't seem to find out how many contributing points I have. Any help here?

I've been editing pages so I should have a few.

Thats what i though to but is not wiki contribution points its your scorehero contribution points. You can find how many points you have on the homepage of scorehero(not the wiki) if your signed in.

EDIT:I just noticed on the Rock Band 2 page all the most recent DLC(Rush,Megadeth)aren't under DLC but under Track list. Is that how its supposed to be?

So you can't edit certain pages unless you have a certain amount of contributing points?

*bangs head on wall*

As JC stated, this is prevent people from starting new accounts and trying to vandalize more important pages on the wiki.
TelekineticBear  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to Sully for being an idiot and editing the wrong page.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TelekineticBear PSN Name: Vegito70
GuitarZero132  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So awesome it hurts Already working on a page (RB Track Pack Vol. 1) Everyone that helped make this=fucking win.

Edit: Done, but forgot to put in underscores to seperate the words >.<

Last edited by GuitarZero132 on Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
louster200  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elx wrote:
louster200 wrote:
Tbad556 wrote:
louster200 wrote:
I can't seem to find out how many contributing points I have. Any help here?

I've been editing pages so I should have a few.

Thats what i though to but is not wiki contribution points its your scorehero contribution points. You can find how many points you have on the homepage of scorehero(not the wiki) if your signed in.

EDIT:I just noticed on the Rock Band 2 page all the most recent DLC(Rush,Megadeth)aren't under DLC but under Track list. Is that how its supposed to be?

So you can't edit certain pages unless you have a certain amount of contributing points?

*bangs head on wall*

As JC stated, this is prevent people from starting new accounts and trying to vandalize more important pages on the wiki.

Ah, now I see.

I can see where this could happen. Now, to get more contributing points. >_> Damn brokeness.

TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so awesome! I can only imagine the level of commitment you have for this site, JC. Trust me, we really appreciate all of the hard work that you do here.

Now time to go start up my User Page (and take all the "Non Acc. Related Stuff" out of my Acc. Thread. )
footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ELiTe185 wrote:
Could someone direct me to the "history" thread on scorehero (where who got the first FCs of songs and so on is recorded). This will greatly help in adding stuff to the wiki.
Here you go

Couple questions:

1) Does anyone think it would be worthwhile to add lyrics to each song's main page (not the each difficulty page where the sp discussion/notes will go)?

2) Would it be useful to have a page for every date similar to Wikipedia to document GH/RB accomplishments as well as Scorehero news?

I'd like some feedback on those two things before I go ahead and do either one since they'll take a while.
NovaXD  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweeeeeeet. The user pages are a great idea, I need to do some work right away.
duck  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first impression i thought it was a pretty silly idea..but now that i look around at it and stuff its actually pretty neat

edit: also, user pages? where are those at?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: I Duckzorz I
Fork1  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks amazing jc, just wish there was a link back to scorehero on it, And that the wiki link on the nav bar stayed next to forum when youre on the forum.
those are the only things i could think of to improve it.

intehface fc's blackened:
Quote:

"oh my god! oh my god! oh my god! oh my god! oh th ghat hsgba whahahtas black blackened butasf ajgjd buh buh blackened the metalli 313k hundred 1899 notestreak oh my god ohhhh my god omg. TAKE IT."
ELiTe185  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballtom3685 wrote:
ELiTe185 wrote:
Could someone direct me to the "history" thread on scorehero (where who got the first FCs of songs and so on is recorded). This will greatly help in adding stuff to the wiki.
Here you go

Thanks, but that isn't quite it. Actually, within that thread, they talk about making a history thread where the first post is updated with important milestones in order. That's the one i need. Thanks!
System: PC
Biggest Accomplishments: Suck My Kiss FC (27 GH3 FCs total), Eruption Pass (custom song)
ManOfMrE  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Large amounts of praise coming from me here. This really is amazing stuff, guys. The wiki adds enormous depth to this site as a whole and leaves some amazing possibilities for scorehero maintaining dominance as the largest database for Guitar Hero/Rock Band on the internet. Things users have already submitted are looking great and I can't wait to see what else gets thought of.

While I agree that JC has done a tremendous amount of work, let's not forget the other Staff contributions too, which I'm sure exist.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballtom3685 wrote:
1) Does anyone think it would be worthwhile to add lyrics to each song's main page (not the each difficulty page where the sp discussion/notes will go)?

Yeah, I think that's a sound idea. Hell, with a quick copy and paste off of Google, it would only take about 20 seconds anyway.

EDIT: How do you edit a page? I just opened up the page to Six by ATR to put in a section for the lyrics, but I can't find the link to edit it. I heard you might need Contribution Points on SH, but I have 14 right now...

EDIT 2: Thanks, Kraken.

Last edited by TheThirdDay on Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TheThirdDaySH
KrakenEater  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheThirdDay wrote:
footballtom3685 wrote:

Yeah, I think that's a sound idea. Hell, with a quick copy and paste off of Google, it would only take about 20 seconds anyway.

EDIT: How do you edit a page? I just opened up the page to Six by ATR to put in a section for the lyrics, but I can't find the link to edit it. I heard you might need Contribution Points on SH, but I have 14 right now...

The upgrade costs 5 points, you get it from the store. The edit button is in the lower left corner.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed some problems on most (well most of the ones i checked) of the expert rock band 2 vocal pages. The link to the chart links to the expert drum chart and the expert drum page doesn't have a link at all. I clicked edit but this doesn't seem to be a part i can edit. See A Jagged gorgeous winter for and example. I also checked the hard page for it and it also links to the drum chart.
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Q: How do you leave comments on pages? I clicked "Add Comments" and then I just got a link to "Hide comments/form", but I can't actually find where to input my comment.

EDIT: I also thought it would be a good idea to put links to guitar tabs on the songs' main pages. Anyone agree?

Example (Six's page)

-Sully just deleted it, so I guess not.

EDIT 2: I just tried leaving a comment on the page for the BNoF, and it worked fine. I was trying on a song. Can you just not comment on songs or something (maybe to prevent flaming?)?

Last edited by TheThirdDay on Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TheThirdDaySH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: