ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wiring a Guitar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pheonix  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Wiring a Guitar Reply with quote

is it possible to wiring the schecter (gh:wt guitar) so that it doesnt run off batteries.
will this get rid of lag?...ive got a 40" sony x series btw (kdl3100x)

does anyone else have this lag?

it seems that i just cant get my calibration right

with RB i got it perfect, yet i can put the exact same settings in and itll be off
any ideas?

i looked at the modding 101..wiring a guitar was only for frets
...or so it seemed

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't be too hard.

Find an appropriate plug in power source, that's rated at the same voltage as the guitar, open it up, un-solder the battery compartment, drill a hole in the case for the power connector, wire that to where the battery compartment was and solder that in.

However, it's unlikely that the power source is causing your lag.

Know that the calibration settings for RB and GH are completely different, you can't just use the same values.

Also, (restraining my fanboyism), the timing window on GH:WT is rather unusual.

I had a lot of difficulty calibrating on my lcd tv, I eventually gave up.

Usually what I do is go to practice on an easy song, and set it to the slowest speed setting.
Then I strum early and late to see if I can find the limits of the timing window.

However, when I tried this on GH:WT, I couldn't find the timing window, because if I missed a note, I would also miss the next note unless I hit it dead center, even on the slowest setting.

So, I hooked it up to my CRT tv, and it was better, but I still couldn't calibrate it properly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: