ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Super Mario Bros. 1-3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toymachine  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Super Mario Bros. 1-3 Reply with quote

I am extremely interested how many people have never played these games.

The only way for the average person to play them would be Virtual Console correct?
iimeanyii  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am positive that I have played 2 of them and I think that I may have even played all 3 of them. If I recall 3 was my favorite (I think).
TheRidGE  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who was born the release year of the NES stateside, I can't imagine anyone not playing SMB 1-3, but then I think that eighteen year olds were born in the 90's, and I realize that it's possible.

The most recent releases outside of the Wii VC are on the GameBoy Advance. 2 and 3 under the "Super Mario Advance" series, and SMB 1 in the classic "gray cartridge" remakes. In that case, SMB 1 was the only one graphically equal to its original. 2 and 3 had the "Mario All-Stars" look to them, along with a few small gameplay additions (2 had "giant radishes" that cleared the screen ala a POW block, 3 had e-reader cards, even one that unlocked plants to throw ala SMB 2)

Now I'm extremely interested in anyone that has never played them. Also, has anyone never played the original 8-bit graphics version of any of these games?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: the oRidGEinal Wii Friend Code: 4504280527441862
ThunderAlex  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played all of these 3, on emulator (original graphics ), on Super Mario All-star and on the NES (that stopped working a while ago ) SMB3 is the best of them. These 3 games are an important step in the history of nintendo

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
stealthamo  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My aunt has an NES. With 80 games. I've played them. I'm gonna go with the majority on this one and say that 3 was the best.

I also have All-Stars as well, and was one of my favorite games on the SNES (Link of the Past FTW).

And to TheRidGE, I'm 17. Then again, I'm a huge video game nerd as well.
STFU, IBIATCL, AYGGMW ZWDC(C), YGSY aside, prove the TOAHIAPH/EIFL model is still GHWT-RB2 AOK for NSFT/HMX IMHO IHMFLY LTMDTT POTUS HIV IDK my BFF jill
BRB AFK
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: stealthamo Wii Friend Code: 356602567334
jerridthomas79  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MB2 >> 2nd fav all time NES game (behind Zelda)

I remeber when NES came out, and my brother and i got for xmas!
wowowow.

And when Fred Savage introduced us all to MB3 - GOOSEBUMPS!

Visit www.rockoutproductions.com to see what all the buzz is about
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Jerrid DOMN8R
blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time I played these was a few weeks ago on super mario all stars using an emulator on my ps2. I'm only 15 so I'm too young to own a snes. The n64 came out when I was 3, I think and I got it when I was 5 or 6. If I got a snes before the n64 came out, I would be too young to play it but why would I get a snes when the newer console was already out?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DisembodiedLoaf
Smeddy24  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerridthomas79 wrote:
MB2 >> 2nd fav all time NES game (behind Zelda)

I remeber when NES came out, and my brother and i got for xmas!
wowowow.

And when Fred Savage introduced us all to MB3 - GOOSEBUMPS!

The American Super Mario Bros. 2? That game is awful. I fuckin' hate birdo. The American Super Mario Bros. 2 did not happen in my book.

Yeah, I'm 18, and it's hard for to me understand that kids younger than me did not play these games. Hell, MOST of my peers probably played them on SNES or GBA, since I inherited my NES library (and a broken NES :\) from my cousins. So a friend with a (still!) working NES got my NES collection, which included all three. I've never seen another copy of 2 that I can remember though. Also, I've never seen the original without duck hunt, though I also had the track and field 3-in-one.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a different Super Mario Bros 2? The ones I played is god awful which is the one with birdo lol

I was lucky enough to get a NES with games when I was 4 from a family friend. I actually just got my dad an emulator with Super Mario 1, 3 and Zelda since he loves to play them, but NES's are so unreliable these days if they haven't been fixed. I do have SMB1 and 3, but until I get my NES fixed, I'm sticking with my SNES and N64.

And for some fun trivia, I was born in 1986. What other big NES hit came out that year without using wikipedia ;D
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Mario All-Stars for the SNES ftw.
I love these games to death but they can get pretty frustrating sometimes.
Especially on SM 3. However, I do love the big world.
cheedie101  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my original Mario history...

-I have played all 3 for NES (never beaten them since I don't own an NES)
-I have beaten all three on Super Mario All-Stars
-I have all three for GBA and have beaten them completely (they feel a little easier for the GBA)
-And my parents used Super Mario 3 as a lullaby when I was still a baby (seriously)

And I'm 16 now, so I'd say I've caught up fairly well to some of the best years gaming has to offer.

Deimos wrote:
"~WeeDSk8r420's~Pot~Page~
shooter21198  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMB2 was terrible imo
i had all the original cartridges for NES including SMB1/Duck hunt
SMB3 is a must have for any gamer
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: shooter21198SH
reikonkeiri  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played all three but I couldn't bring myself to play them long enough to beat them. I really didn't like Mario until Super Mario World, but THAT was a game
ItsMeAgain  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive played them all on NES , but by Mario 1 do you mean the one with the steel girders and the pipes at the corners of the screen where the critters come out of, or the side scrolling one called "Super Mario Bros." also i have played Super Mario Bros on the arcade and the levels are harder in it and the monsters are faster.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As someone who was born the release year of the NES stateside, I can't imagine anyone not playing SMB 1-3, but then I think that eighteen year olds were born in the 90's, and I realize that it's possible.

I feel the same way, I'm starting to meet more people whose time with gaming started with the playstation. Anyway, I've played alot of Mario 1 and 3 in my life, and I still play 3 constantly on my Mario All Stars cartridge (SNES). The play control and move set in Mario 3 is perfect, you usually can't beat the levels cheaply (infinite flying in SMW for the loss) but you are never under prepared.

Long live Mario 3.

All hail Sombronia, a land I didn't make up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: