Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Collector
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iggnsthe  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: The Collector Reply with quote

So I just watched this movie and I'm more afraid than I can remember being in a long time. A good description is that it makes Saw look like a Disney movie.

So has anyone else seen this? If so, what did you think of it?

Personally I thought that one of the most frightening aspects was the soundtrack.
The constant pulse of the selection of industrial songs reminded me of the NIN Broken video (which is basically a watered down version of this movie) and really puts you in a state of constant panic.

Also, I have a question, but it contains some spoilers.

Spoilers wrote:
Was he the guy from the extermination company? It certianly seemed so, but then what was that humanoid thing at the very beginning that showed up for about a second or two?
Also, if it was just the exterminator, then why was his appearance so disarming to Arkin?

Anyway, I would definately suggest that you see this movie, it's quite an experience.[/quote]

My favorite thread ever.
ChadHasADD  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This movie looked good, I'm not gonna see it though.

Can you just explain what basically happens? It looks interesting, but I'm not spending money to go see it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ChadHasADD
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So wait, an intruder breaks in, but finds out a serial killer is already in? I couldn't tell from the previews. Non-spoiler plot, please?
6StringSnapper  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: The Collector Reply with quote

iggnsthe wrote:

The constant pulse of the selection of industrial songs reminded me of the NIN Broken video (which is basically a watered down version of this movie) and really puts you in a state of constant panic.
[/quote]
So wait. Your saying this movie is more messed up then "Broken"?

DJspin1  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the ending was epic lol. it was kinda funny but effed up too

i would say rent this movie. it wasn't amazing to me. it wasn't even that scary but it was decent. decent enough I guess

Goals:
FC Freebird [ ] | 5* TTFAF b4 GH:WT [X] | Get More FCs [ ]
iggnsthe  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: The Collector Reply with quote

6StringSnapper wrote:
iggnsthe wrote:

Hm... well that's a tough one to call. They had a similar feel if you know what I mean (I assume that you've seen Broken based on your NIN picture :P) but I think that The Collector was a bit more graphic.

Granted, I love broken, and nothing quite beats the feel of a NIN soundtrack, but based on content alone, The Collector was more intense than Broken. I would suggest that you go see it for yourself, the movie may not be as good as Broken, but I think that you'll be able to enjoy it just the same.

My favorite thread ever.
Adsee  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: The Collector Reply with quote

iggnsthe wrote:
6StringSnapper wrote:
iggnsthe wrote:

Hm... well that's a tough one to call. They had a similar feel if you know what I mean (I assume that you've seen Broken based on your NIN picture :P) but I think that The Collector was a bit more graphic.

Granted, I love broken, and nothing quite beats the feel of a NIN soundtrack, but based on content alone, The Collector was more intense than Broken. I would suggest that you go see it for yourself, the movie may not be as good as Broken, but I think that you'll be able to enjoy it just the same.

Yeah, I don't know why Broken is always considered to be incredibly graphic. I mean, I've seen it around 10 times, it really isn't that
bad. In fact, I find it an enjoyable watch (for the NIN music)

(Oh, and I guess it means, even without reading my message, that I've seen Broken based on my Trent Reznor pic. )
Havikk  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the movie. Mixing enough suspense to make the gore almost seem necessary. The bear trap trap may have been a little excessive but still it was pretty awesome. Basically here's the plot but without spoilers:

A contractor is working on a house and gets along with the family. The contractor needs money to pay off a loan shark and finds out the owner of the house he's doing work on is a jeweler of some sort and that the family will be out on vacation that night. The contractor breaks into the house later that night and goes to the safe when he hears a door open. He thinks it's the family so he hides on the other side of the wall. It's actually The Collector but he ends up leaving soon afterward. The contractor then goes to unlock the safe again and he suddenly hears screaming. Eventually he finds out that The Collector has 3/4 of the family and from then on it goes on to full on survival mode. The contractor tries to help the family escape through a plethora of traps including rigged chandeliers with knives in them, a room full of bear traps, a room filled with acid and another room with razor wire everywhere.
turbo  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a non-spoiler plot summary? Thanks for the warning bub.
GHAddict  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see it. I couldn't, because apparantly it was so bad of a movie that they checked your ID at the door. You couldn't get in if you were under 17, regardless if there was an adult or not. (No, our theatre doesn't do that for any other movie). But I know some people who did see it. All of them said that it was the most graphic and disturbing thing they have ever seen.

It has a pretty good plot to my understanding, but it's horrible enough that some people may even be walking out.

[Customs] - Click here if you like awesomeness

Goal: FC 75% of ALL on-disc Guitar Hero songs (Band Hero doesn't count) - (430 / 575)
Current: 368 / 575 - (64%)
D3sr0ch3  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havikk wrote:
I liked the movie. Mixing enough suspense to make the gore almost seem necessary. The bear trap trap may have been a little excessive but still it was pretty awesome. Basically here's the plot but without spoilers:

A contractor is working on a house and gets along with the family. The contractor needs money to pay off a loan shark and finds out the owner of the house he's doing work on is a jeweler of some sort and that the family will be out on vacation that night. The contractor breaks into the house later that night and goes to the safe when he hears a door open. He thinks it's the family so he hides on the other side of the wall. It's actually The Collector but he ends up leaving soon afterward. The contractor then goes to unlock the safe again and he suddenly hears screaming. Eventually he finds out that The Collector has 3/4 of the family and from then on it goes on to full on survival mode. The contractor tries to help the family escape through a plethora of traps including rigged chandeliers with knives in them, a room full of bear traps, a room filled with acid and another room with razor wire everywhere.

This movie sounds awsome Im gonna go see it

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it was the "best horror movie of the summer" (this will hold me until the new Halloween).

Havikk has a good plot summary w/o the spoilers, but the Collector is pretty creepy, especially later on in the movie considering what he did to the father (whoaaa) and the mother. The ending was good, but it was also a little messed up. I don't think it crossed any lines with what is too extreme but it's just at the border. Very suspenseful, I reccomend you go and pay money to have the bejeezus scared out of you.

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
Macaron11  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: The Collector Reply with quote

HOLY SHIT THAT MOVIE WAS FUCKING CRAZY

Was he the guy from the extermination company? It certianly seemed so, but then what was that humanoid thing at the very beginning that showed up for about a second or two?
Also, if it was just the exterminator, then why was his appearance so disarming to Arkin?

When the guy told the other guy about the Wasp nest, the guy who gave the thumbs up was the killer. That thing was REALLY random, my friend thought it was the guy. Dunno about Arkin.

Anyways, this movie grossed me out so badly. I'm not afraid to admit, I actually barfed from it. This is worse than the Broken movie imo.

Anyways, the torture scenes in this movie were fucking brutal. The worst was the end when he was calling the killer a bitch and stuff. I couldn't sleep that night. I give the movie a 9 for being great, very chilling, gruesome, and a good recent horror movie. Not a 10 because the ending. I was thinking the movie should be over, and out of nowhere, LOL I'MA HIT AMB-U-LINCE WIF TRUCK-*random flash of the title*..... It's over?

If you want to know what that says and don't want spoilers, gruesome holy fuckness and a 9/10 for amazement and a meh ending.
Havikk  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macaron, there was an extra scene after the credits that I found humorous possibly setting it up for a sequel.

Basically the movie delivers Saw violence and tension but without the "Holy Fuck!" ending that Saw I had. I also like the movie because the killer is an actual human. What I mean is that you can hurt him, you can outrun him etc. He's not some sort of demi-god like Jason, Chuckie or Myers.

Warning Spoilers Below

xtremecarbon; I found that what happened to the daughter was more appalling. I expected both of them to survive but that was brutal with the barbed wire and then the spike trap.

Last edited by Havikk on Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Macaron11  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havikk wrote:
Macaron, there was an extra scene after the credits that I found humorous possibly setting it up for a sequel.
Ahhh, I left before that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: