ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Mass Effect Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheTrueSatanist  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Mass Effect Thread Reply with quote

Is anyone interested in this? If there is enough interest, I'll pull all the press stuff and statements from BioWare.

But Just to start, here is the official site

Official Mass Effect Site

"Two years after Commander Shepard repelled invading Reapers bent on the destruction of organic life, a mysterious new enemy has emerged. On the fringes of known space, something is silently abducting entire human colonies. Now Shepard must work with Cerberus, a ruthless organization devoted to human survival at any cost, to stop the most terrifying threat mankind has ever faced.
To even attempt this perilous mission, Shepard must assemble the galaxy’s most elite team and command the most powerful ship ever built. Even then, they say it would be suicide. Commander Shepard intends to prove them wrong."

For anyone who doesn't know about the story behind the Thresher Maw attack on Akuze, which your character may or may not have been part off, here it is.

SPOILER wrote:
Cerberus is a corporation who deliberately sent marines to their death to investigate what happened

Some slogans for Scorehero, courtesy of Sloganizer
Scorehero. Impossible is nothing
I'd sleep with Scorehero
Some for TheTrueSatanist:
Jesus loves TheTrueSatanist
TheTrueSatanist  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I'd like to have this post as a sort of guide for the first ME game, and maybe for the second.

I would like to mention it now, Spoiler Warning. However big or small they are, There will be spoilers. If it is a major plot spoiler, I will state again. For Minor Spoilers, use common sense. For Ally achievements, do you think talking about one of the squad mates will piss you off, then just skip past.

So first things first: a short achievement guide on the harder achievements.

Rich: Get 1,000,000 credits.

This achievement seems impossible early on, because you'll be struggling to buy anything worth more than 3,000. But as you level up, the amount of credits you get per survey goes up, the level of equipment goes up and so does your budget. By the time you are at level 40, you should have an inventory worth over 1,000,000 to most stores and double that to The Med clinic in the Citadel (See Below).

Once you finish Eden Prime, convert all your weapons (APART FROM STINGER II), upgrades and armours to omni-gel, as all equipment gives you the same amount of omni-gel so there is much more sense in converting the cheaper stuff that sells for 11 credits to omni-gel. Don't worry about worthwhile weapons; By the time you complete your first main quest, you should have some decent weaponry. Convert all Level one items to omni-gel. I'll put a general price guide below

Level I Items; e.g, Lancer I:Generally sell for less than 100 credits

Level II Items; e.g, Stinger II:Generally sell for 100-1000 credits. Sell if they are worth more than 700

Level III Items; e.g, Hammer III: Generally sell for 1000-6000 credits. Always sell

MORE TO COME

I'd sleep with Scorehero
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, i cant wait for the second one. Im on my second run through on ME, Level 49 right now (So close to lvl 50 haha).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah got my Lvl 50 Badass, bought Bring Down the Sky and that newer one, which turned out to be eh, ready for ME2! Sad it was bumped to next year...
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
RyuBlitz  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to play the demo for ME2 at E3 this year, and I was really impressed. The guys at Bioware reeeeally put a lot of effort into fixing the issues with the combat system. IMO, the new layout felt comfortably like an FPS, while still presenting all of the fun RPG options. AND, they ditched the accuracy attribute on the weapons! I was having almost a little too much fun sniping guys across the map with and incendiary ammo...

Also, since I know the question will come up... No, I didn't get to play around with the inventory. My demo was distinctly designed to show off the revamped combat.

Join GatheringofGamers.com TODAY!
TheTrueSatanist  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyuBlitz wrote:
I got to play the demo for ME2 at E3 this year, and I was really impressed. The guys at Bioware reeeeally put a lot of effort into fixing the issues with the combat system. IMO, the new layout felt comfortably like an FPS, while still presenting all of the fun RPG options. AND, they ditched the accuracy attribute on the weapons! I was having almost a little too much fun sniping guys across the map with and incendiary ammo...

Also, since I know the question will come up... No, I didn't get to play around with the inventory. My demo was distinctly designed to show off the revamped combat.

I was going to ask how the new MAKO was, but then you had only played the combat.

I just found out how awesome the Master Spectre gear realy is. Put two frictionless materials in it and an anti-synthetic/organic ammo upgrade and you can fire for ever.

I'd sleep with Scorehero
Reakt00r  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried Mass Effect yet. Mostly because people said Oblivion and Fallout 3 were really good RPGs with alot of options and I didn't play EITHER of them for more then 3 hours. I hear the same about this. Is this different, should I try this and if so, should I get it for PC or Xbox 360?
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Reakt00r PSN Name: Reakt00r
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reakt00r wrote:
I haven't tried Mass Effect yet. Mostly because people said Oblivion and Fallout 3 were really good RPGs with alot of options and I didn't play EITHER of them for more then 3 hours. I hear the same about this. Is this different, should I try this and if so, should I get it for PC or Xbox 360?

If you didn't Like Oblivion, you wont like this IMO. Oblivion has TONS more options that this does. On thise, you just play through the same story 3+ times for Achievements.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reakt00r wrote:

TBQH, I would have to agree with Sarg. However, this has a different type of gameplay, and (IMO) a much better story. There are three endings and if you ever played KotOR this is similair. In Fallout, there were no classes, just perks, which are replaced by talents. I haven't played Oblivion, but The only thing I heard was more mana or health depending on class. The Soldier in this has Weapon and damage protection talents. The Adept has Biotic and Health Talents. The Engineer has Tech and shield talents and can repair vehicles better.

While it has more replay value, it is similair to Fallout and Oblivion. If you post what RPGs you have liked, then We can get a better understanding of whether you might like this

I'd sleep with Scorehero
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less than a month away! Cant wait, especially since i got a $25 Gamestop card for christmas, so i don't have to use 60 dollars of my own.

"Mass Effect 2 will have 90 voice actors playing 546 characters, speaking over 31,000 lines of dialogue"

That bit of info completely blew me away. I'm not sure how that compares to other games, but I'm sure it's alot. I just read through the whole wikipedia page, got me REALLY excited for this. Can't WAIT!

EDIT:
Wikipedia.org (Possible Spoiler) wrote:
The first teaser trailer for this game gives the impression that Commander Shepard has been killed in action,[26] but a later trailer shows that Shepard is still alive at the beginning of the game. Players themselves can dictate whether or not Shepard will die based on choices that they make throughout the game.[15] BioWare Executive Producer Casey Hudson explained that "If you do die in the ending of Mass Effect 2, it will not come as a surprise, nor will it be random. It will be pretty obvious that you headed into the final mission knowing that Shepard probably wouldn’t make it out alive." Hudson also confirmed that team members would be affected by the player's decisions during the final mission: "You might have an ending where Shepard’s entire team survives, or where the entire mission is a bloodbath and everyone (including Shepard) is killed, or anything in between."[27] The ending in which Shepard is killed represents a permanent death, rather than one where the player simply reloads from the last saved game, meaning Shepard would not be available for Mass Effect 3 in that scenario.

^^^ ALL of that made me REALLY happy and excited, like a little school girl

Last edited by Sarg338 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Tahmer  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's kind of sort of a bit of a spoiler don't you think?
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahmer wrote:
That's kind of sort of a bit of a spoiler don't you think?

Eh, I didn't really think it was, but maybe it's because i didn't really think or care for it. Fixed though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching a video from OXM on the Dashboard, and apparently its in multiple disks. One containing the main game, and the other containing other unexplored worlds. Haven't heard this before (of course, I havent even read that many articles on the game)
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: Finished. *Council died, but everyone was saved.*
Epic freaking ending. Acid damage really helped TONS. Powered through in 13 hours. Best game I've played in a while, and seeing as how Mass Effect 2 even improves on this. Oh my god, I'm excited.

Last edited by clawmaster2 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Ripley92  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already pre-ordered the game, and I'm picking it up on the 26th. I cannot WAIT! I really ought to go through the first game one more time to set up the perfect playthrough for the second game though. I'm a level 60 Hunter and I've got the Bringing Down the Sky DLC, didn't get Pinnacle Station because it's lolexpensive.

My accomplishments
Goals
Get 10 FC's on each Guitar Hero game I own
[]GH1 (1) []GH2 (2) []GH80's (2) [x]GH3 (23) []GHA (8) [x]GHWT (25) []GHM (9) [x]GHSH (11) [x]GH5 (45) [x]GHVH (12)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Ripley 92
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: